• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What's the goal of OTLand with OTClient?

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
We know that the otland/otclient repository was created because the edubart/otclient repository was out of maintainers.

But we also know that the way OTClient was developed it's almost impossible to fix all issues to all protocols.

So... what's the goal with this repository? Make a generic client to play all otservers or make a client to work smooth with TFS 1.3?

I think this is important and people should think on making it work for 10.98 version cause there is no reason to focus on 8.6 protocol or older versions.

TFS 1.3 should have a OTClient developed only for it, that's what I think.

Because CIP Client is copyrighted, the community is trying to move away from copyrighted materials. As well to allow more modifications and custom changes.

Yeah but I think that if we dont choose between making a client for TFS 1.3 or making a client for all servers and protocols it will be hard to improve things.

Nobody is trying to purposefully make OTClient incompatible with something else than TFS 1.3. However, having it fully compatible with TFS 1.X should be one of the goals.

Back