• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Where to change this PDOException

Exiled Pain

Fervid Learner
Reaction score
Hi, I was messing around with my old database and decided to change main user name and password. (lets say user JIMMY and password FLIPFLOP) Well I notice that when you change your main user name and password different from what it was when you installed you Account Manager (gesior as an example) you get this error in different ways, but almost always like:

Uncaught exception 'PDOException' blablablabla
The user specified as a definer ('root'@'localhost') does not exist' blablablbla

After that you will probably won't be able to create new characters. So in this case let's say that my first user was root an whatever password.. so up here that is what it's basically telling me that it didn't find. So after that I can't create any accounts right?, ok so the easy fix is just to get the old user back to "root" and left the password as it was and it worked again. No need to re-install the whole database.

But my question here is:

If replacing your full POT folder doesn't work after getting your new user name, where can you find this to manually edit, so that what ever is causing this can get the right "new user" so you don't have to change back to the old one, or re-installed everything again.

P.S. This is just to know to fix some old databases I have in other hosters, cause If you are running a bit more serious server and want something easy to work with install Uniform Server, it's safer.

So please clear this thought, how to do it?

Back