• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Uff. I started updating the skillTree to make it more user friendly, but goddamn. It took me 10 minutes to figure out where I was suppose to making the additions in first place.
And then I realized. Nop this is not a clean code what I'm going for. This should have been take less than 2 minutes.
Even though it takes me just few minutes to add or change skills it also should take me just few minutes to figure out where to add new features into skilltree and currently the latter is not designed so well.

Anyway so right now pulled out the skilltree from game and placed it into "unused scripts folder". Going to make new system. For users nothing will change(expect the new things I'm going to add), but for me and whoever is going to help with Whi World scripts will have much easier time to update it.

So about the new things:
1. Talentpoint can be removed 1 at the time.
2. Talentpoints can be removed from 1 talent alltogether (some talents can stack up to 10 times)
3. Talentpoints can be removed from 1 branch all together (magic, defense, weapon)
4. Talentpoints can be removed from 1 tier all together (tier1, tier2, etc)
!NB (you can't remove Talentpoints from lower tiers if you have skills on upper tiers and by removing the Talentpoints in lower tiers would cause higher tier skills to be disabled (aka locks them))
5. When placing a Talentpoint on talent, it will automatically try to maximize the skill. (If you didn't want to put max amount of points then you just remove the Talentpoints 1 by 1)
6. When looking up for talent information, It will write the effect in the console instead of opening new modal window (spares you from keep switching windowses and looking back to skill what did it do)
7. tier should show how many points spent on tier and how much is required to unlock next tier (Yes, this means tiers can no longer be skipped, let me know if you don't think its good idea)

Things we already have:
1. option to reset entire skilltree
2. option to hide/show locked tiers
3. branch option shows how much points spent on the branch
4. talent option shows how much points spent and what is the maximum amount

So here you have it.
Any more ideas you want to add to improve Whi World skilltree?

Since today I have only 2 hours free time to script and weekend is busy again. Then Patch will come out next week with this new skilltree + (some balance changes and the updated damage system)

Last edited:
Well seems my morning was free and used that time to grind script :D

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.7

Skills:
Refactored entire skillTree. For players it looks almost the same. However few additions have been made:
Talentpoints will now be placed all at once to talent.
Modal window moves back and forth between panels more smoothly.
Talentpoints can also be removed 1 at the time or branch at the time.
And talent description will be now displayed on the console instead of additional modal window. + it calculates the formula for you :3 (dem string patterns xD o boy took me like hour to figure that out, haha)

Damage System:
Refactored damage system, Nothing rly changed for players again. However the performance should be MUCH MUCH faster and prolly reduces the lagspikes when shitload of monsters hit you at once.

Other:
increased treasure chest size which is in your bank from 10 to 40. Get that loot!
Fixed bug which didn't allow players to join parties. (this happens if you have several different server scripts in same data folder...)

Monsters:
almost ALL monsters get drop chance increases.
since deathsystem is pretty punishing.
I increased the loot rates of items so entire server doesn't have to struggle so much with the almost everything xD
equipment item chances are increased around 3-10%
upgrade gems and stones chances are almost doubled in most cases.
herbs from monsters, drop 50% more often.

tutorial:
improved tutorial a little

Death System:
fixed bug where regardless did you have boss protection or not you was respawned back in boss waiting room.

Map:
made cyclops sabotage quest more noticeable

Items:
Speedzy legs: Fixed bug where max stack reset the speed instead of refreshing it.

Because of the lack of action going on in my thread and in game I will fill you in what is happening.

Past month worked on lot of different things what reduced my Whi World time near to nothing.
Mainly my time was spent on making scripts for other server or in real life (making car licenses, which are held in different town)
Also I have come to accustomed that I don't work on scripts in weekends so I would not burn out.

2 weeks ago I also started side-project for Whi World. A new youtube video. This haven't taken much of my free time, but every hour spent on working on this means I don't make something new to game itself.

Seems like yesterday I finished up all the scripts I was suppose to do for other people. For all the supporters. Thank you for supporting Whi World and buying my service.
150€ of donated money was spent on educational purpose, in the end it will be useful for Whi World. Rest of the money will be spent on Whi World maps to loose all my crapperino 5 sprite areas xD

Also what most likely will start taking lot of my time is learning OTClient. Seems like some kind of movement started, which purpose is to improve it.
At first my plan was to start with OTC around Patch 0.2 after all the framework scripts are completed, however I do not want to miss out anything and I'm willing to put my server aside to learn and use OTC along with other great developers.

Monday I started making the 4th vocation for Whi World. Hunter.
Even though next patch will make it possible to play. It will still be a prototype and that vocation wont have any supportive defensive items.
Actual release for Hunter will still be at patch 0.1.7 right after the final release of "Undead dungeon" (patch 0.1.6)

I'm not sure how long this all we take to get to patch 0.1.7, but here is the order of releases:
Patch 0.1.5 > Youtube video > opening of 3 different social media sites(fb, g+ and twitter) > Patch 0.1.6 > Maybe youtube video about the new patch > patch 0.1.7

Currently only thing what is slowing me down is learning OTC.
Making scripts for others is not really a problem, because that time spent on scripting for others can be converted to into beautiful map piece for Whi World. So time well spent either way :D

I'll try this out sometime. Seems cool
If the word "hunter" got your attention then here are few things you should know.

Hunter is exclusive: bad and very hard vocation, what can only be taken if you a level 5 character in your account.
What makes it hard is mainly the fact that range weapons are really annoying to use.

You start of with regenerative spear. Which is infinite, but practically deals no damage.
You can buy better spears from Smith after you complete the antlers mission.
Even though these spears deal a lot more damage, they have 2% chance to break and you have to pick up every single spear you throw (if you have spear equipped then you can simply step on spear)

But this is general stuff what probably is in every server. The annoying part is: At close range spear is not thrown and deals 50% less damage and you cant shoot behind yourself (not even 90 decrees)
So you constantly need to run and turn around if you want to shoot the freaking target. If he gets close Well GG you are now a knight who deals 4 times less damage and blocks 20% less damage.

EDIT:
I added something positive to range weapons.
They can be now equipped when using them.
(knives do decent damage and scaled with distance skill, so weapon switching is gona be a thing.)

If you already have weapon equipped it automatically will switch it up.
If you don't have enough room or weight for your equipped weapon you will throw it at the same place where you were taking the 2nd item.

Last edited:
If the word "hunter" got your attention then here are few things you should know.

Hunter is exclusive: bad and very hard vocation, what can only be taken if you a level 5 character in your account.
What makes it hard is mainly the fact that range weapons are really annoying to use.

You start of with regenerative spear. Which is infinite, but practically deals no damage.
You can buy better spears from Smith after you complete the antlers mission.
Even though these spears deal a lot more damage, they have 2% chance to break and you have to pick up every single spear you throw (if you have spear equipped then you can simply step on spear)

But this is general stuff what probably is in every server. The annoying part is: At close range spear is not thrown and deals 50% less damage and you cant shoot behind yourself (not even 90 decrees)
So you constantly need to run and turn around if you want to shoot the freaking target. If he gets close Well GG you are now a knight who deals 4 times less damage and blocks 20% less damage.

EDIT:
I added something positive to range weapons.
They can be now equipped when using them.
(knives do decent damage and scaled with distance skill, so weapon switching is gona be a thing.)

If you already have weapon equipped it automatically will switch it up.
If you don't have enough room or weight for your equipped weapon you will throw it at the same place where you were taking the 2nd item.
Sounds very interesting!

Bonus Patch just to stall xD

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.9.8

Skills:
mediation: fixed bug, this talent now works
green powder: changed effect from: [places debuff on monster what makes him take more poison damage] to [earth damage you deal will do more damage]

Other:
New class "prototype" added to game: hunter

Monsters:
White Deer: reduced the run on health value and increased heal amount

NEW Spells:
trap: Places down trap what lasts 5 sec. Creature who steps on it takes damage and is slowed. Stepping on your own trap refreshes cooldown.
poison: Poisons projectiles which debuff targets. Debuffed targets take poison damage from poisoned projectiles.
fakedeath: Monsters will untarget you. Reduces all non damage over time damage taken to 0.
volley: requires 10 arrows, Shoots 10 arrows at once. (randomly ahead from you)

Items:
Range weapons can be quickly equipped by using them. If you don't have enough room or weight to put the current weapon in bag you will drop it to equip the range weapon.
Spears and arrows can be picked up by stepping on them.

Fire Quiver: new hunter item
Bow: new hunter item
Bonetip Spear: new hunter item
arrow: new hunter item
Regenerative spear: new hunter item

What is Whi World?

"What is Whi World?"
Whi World is an unique 2D MMORPG game. You start off in a tomb where you struggle to see the daylight. At first glance you find yourself in an abandoned desert city, but as you continue to investigate the people you meet and places you visit you will come to understand that you are placed in a cruel and violent yet beautiful and mystical world.

The first narrative arc follows a war between humans and undeads. You will learn how undeads came to be and how to fight them. Even though this is the main story, there is a lot more going on in this world.The war has already begun and there seems to be nobody to stand against them.

This game is not for everyone, the main target audience is for 16+ year old people. This game is hard, filled with violence and cruelty.

Whi World is made with an awesome MMO emulator called "The Forgotten Server".
To test this server, I am using CipSoft copyrighted client and artwork. One day it will be replaced with its own style artwork and client, but for now the priority is making the mechanical part of the game so people could already express their thoughts on this new game concept.

Last edited:
I'm bored and suffered in loss of motivation, because constant pain of tooth ace and the youtube video preparing got postponed for a week.
However today has started with no pain and Whi World has gotten extra support again so I got some motivation back.

Yesterday I played Whi World with friend and we completed the Sabotage Quest. Found few issues here and there, but nothing major, just missing a little more explanation and text typos.
So this pretty much means Patch 0.1.5 is ready. This week I will announce it.

If you want me to make feature improvements then this is the correct time. Because after that patch I'm most likely not going to add more features until 0.1.7

As of today. I will start working towards new content.
This is patch code name is: "rooted catacombs" (patch 0.1.6)
In these upcoming updates I will be unlocking new quest, monsters, items.

At first you will be introduced to new area in south desert (yes map is horrible and made by me).
Featured monster is Skeleton. They drop a NEW spell for all classes and 8 new equipment items!
In addition you will find a dungeon in that area. Where I unlock first room for you. This room is filled with Ghouls who also drop 8 new equipment items!
Each room will have its own unique quest what you need to complete to get into final room.

next 3 updates will just do that. new monster, new items and 1 quest.
And final update introduces a boss - demon skeleton.

If you thought my game is hard, then wait a little longer and see the dungeon first. Maybe I can persuade you to say "very very hard game".

Ok all this sounds interesting and this is what you were waiting, but now you have question: "How long does it take?"
I'm going bring my ego out now and answer it like this:

I have almost completed building framework inside a framework. Which means I no longer code scripts for Whi World. I configure them.
Every time consuming script I need to do in this upcoming patch. I have system for it, which generates the script for me.
And now its time to put it on a test. My goal is to complete patch 0.1.6 in just 2 weeks starting from now.

This means the youtube video and social media things will propably pushed even further back in date.

If you are looking a perfect time to start playing my server, then wait until I release patch 0.1.5
Then by the time I unlock new area, you should be capable of doing it and understand the Whi World gameplay.
However, in this server solo play requires a lot more time to progress compared to playing with someone else. (not in all cases, but bosses are extremely hard to solo)
Hopefully this new content brings enough hype, so at least 2 or more players could play at the same time.

No offence, I really hated the tutorial thingy, I had no fun with it so I quit the server :( I'll try again some other time

Last edited:
No offence, I really hated the tutorial thingy, I had no fun with it so I quit the server :( I'll try again some other time
Ok. Do you remember, when was the last time you did tutorial? What you hated about it?

The 2 most hardest things players struggle with are chicken room and dummy room.
In chicken room you have to avoid getting hit by 4 different monsters and reach to the blue tile. In your arsenal you have crates to block or trap away few monsters, but not enough for all.
This room reason is to kinda teach players to kite. In other words, not get hit by anything.

Some people struggle with moving (they don't yet know should they use mouse or keypad or arrows to move) (here arrows are best)
In future with OTClient You will be able to move with WASD and diagonal movements by holding down both up or down and left or right button.

This room also should make players understand how monsters move and when they can attack, later it in game they can use it for their advantage.

The dummy room is there to make player pick the vocation they are most comfortable with. Every time they die, they can switch it up.
In this room mouse moving must be used, because its the only way to be faster than dummy. (the further ahead you plan your distance, the faster you get there, this is caused by client that stepping 1 by 1 gives some kind of waiting interval, also will be fixed with OTClient)
Also dummy is like a boss. It will present the the fight what doesn't last too long, but mistakes can be fatal, getting too close to dummy or step on fire.
Starting over and taking 15seconds to get back to dummy is pretty short time to try again.

However in the world. Bosses last much longer and do more spells, same thing applies. Making mistakes can be fatal. But going back to boss and trying it again may take around 10-20minutes. Actually you might run out of food before you even get to the boss again. Regular monsters are not that regular.

In other words. The things what players struggled the most in game, I brought them to tutorial and gave them something to train their abilities before facing the real thing.
If you hate it because the idea of room is hard, then wait until I make tutorial updates, the easier my tutorials get the easier my overall game gets.
If you don't like that there is so much things going on at once and you don't know what to focus on. Wait for patch 2.0, when I introduce OTClient.
If you don't like some occasional lag spikes, then there can be 2 causes. Client or host. In both cases, come back patch 2.0

If you want, I can take pictures and explain how I would do the chicken room.

Okey.
Good enough for today.
Created new monster: Skeleton
and it has 6 unique spell to **** ya up!
Also the area is ready now.

Today I just end up thinking what 4 new spells Skeleton should drop and what they should do.
For druids i know im missing: innervate so going to make that.
But wtf I do for other vocations. no idea yet. Anyone wants to let their imagination go wild and give epic spell idea?

I came all the way to the dummy room, the chicken room was the only thing I thought was quite fun, the rest 'felt' like I was wasting my time.

I came all the way to the dummy room, the chicken room was the only thing I thought was quite fun, the rest 'felt' like I was wasting my time.
true but all previous rooms, touch the idea of all the complicated features I have in my server.
If you don't do them in tutorial, then you would do them in the game itself. But there are no hints and so much other things what might you get off the track.
Easier if you know how to talk with the NPC or how to climb in game, instead of finding it out like days later from other players.
Also it gives players some kind of idea how in depth the game is.

Only few people seem to care what is inside a skeleton off the road or in the boxes. Because they assume the server is not that detailed.
And even less people look items what give off no visual hint that it should be looked or opened. They even walk by statues or objects what are out of place.
They think its just background noise.
But with the tutorial, I try to explain that anything my server can be something.
I actually try to be obvious or logical, but even still. I need to give out hints.

With the upcoming map updates I'm going to be even more detailed about some of the objects.
For example: when you look dead skeleton. instead of getting message "you see dead skeleton", you will get message "Looks like these bodies have been abandoned"
AND if you know the reason why there are dead skeleton everywhere. The same body will give different look information for you "These bodies must have been left behind in rush because they were insured."
This same message could update even more if you find even more information about anything.
In the end you might even know the body names what could be the hint for some quest or whatever.
But usually it serves as decoration for a map and illustrates my game story.

Anyway no need to go look for these things in my server atm. Only obvious things currently have these messages.
However at patch 0.1.7 I will increase the quality of story and make lot of these changes.

Btw. Today I planned to finish new spell for each class, but I got home rather late.
I finished 2 spells today and created addEvent system.

Addevent system is something like this:
every time I use addEvent and I want to manipulate it, I can register it trough the addEvent system.
Then while addEvent has not yet been executed. I can change its paramaters and duration. Also much easier to stop the appropriate events.

The 2 spells I did was simple ones:
Hunter spell - taunt
Code:
["taunt"] = {
minL = 4,
    spellType = "physical",
    word = "!taunt",
    effect = "Your next physical weapon damage makes target to focus you.",
    effect2 = "If monster, it can not chance target for some time.",
    manaCost = 5,
    cooldown = "15 seconds",
    vocation = "hunter",
    formulaMin = "taunt duration: (3 + sLs*2 - L*0.5)",
},
Knight spell - onyxdef
Code:
["onyxdef"] = {
    minL = 4,
    spellType = "death",
    word = "!onyxdef",
    effect = "gives death resistance against first death hit for 5sec.",
    effect2 = "heals 2 times the amount resisted if death damage taken",
    manaCost = 5,
    cooldown = "5 seconds",
    formulaMin = "resistance: (50 + mL*3 + sLs - L - sLw*2)",
    formula2Min = "heal cap: (30 +  mL*4 + sLs*8 - L - sLw*5)",
    vocation = "knight",
},

the druid spell will be innervate.
which will have a passive: food gives +1 HP per sec
and active: for next 30sec regenerate back 50% of maximum mana. Passive is removed for next 10minutes

the mage spell will be ????.
sorry, my brain could not handle thinking yet another basic yet an unique spell for mages xD
But certainly I will think something.

Well yesterday practically didn't do anything. At best spent like 2 hours and finished the Druid and mage spell.
Here are the spells:
Code:
["imp"] = {
    minL = 4,
    spellType = "death",
    word = "!imp",
    effect = "Summons Imp, who boosts your spell damage by 10%",
    manaCost = 50,
    cooldown = "60 seconds",
    vocation = "mage",
},
Code:
["innervate"] = {
    minL = 4,
    spellType = "earth",
    word = "!innervate",
    effect = "passive: healing spells have % chance to critically heal",
    effect2 = "while spell is under cooldown, passive doesn't work",
    effect3 = "Regenerates back 50% of max mana over 60 seconds.",
    manaCost = 100,
    cooldown = "240 seconds",
    formulaMin = "critical heal chance: (1 + L*0.5 + mL*2 - sLs - sLw*2 - sLd*2)",
    vocation = "druid",
},

Today I'm going to make 8 new items to game.
Even though making them doesn't take much time. Problem is I only got 2 ideas for 2 items xD
So gotta start brainstorming! If I still have free time left after making the items. Going to attach missions and task to monster and see if I can think some kind of logical reason why there are skeleton there. And give some kind of exploring value to that area.

Tomorrow I will release Patch 0.1.5 (unless you want to add competion mode)
Question is. Do you want the next patch start a competition? (overall and for each vocation)
something like:
1. First players reaching level 2,3,4,5,6 etc.
2. First players killing bosses: Archanos, Borthonos, Big Daddy, White Deer, Shadow.
3. First players to get reputation levels.
4. First players to find new areas.
5. First players learning everything about herbs. (tonka tasks)
6. First players completing quest.
(that's all I guess.)
It will take me day or 2 to make it happen.

I myself don't think its necessary right now and could wait a better time where its certain that there are player to compete with eachother.
But if someone wants his name known already, then why not. I can make it happen. Eventually going to do it anyway.

Oh yea. Npc in town will start talking about the top position players. (similar few liner conversations like they are doing now)

Back