• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

NPCs can be killed by both? players and monsters?
Don't worry about that atm. But no, NPC's can be killed by players. Making Monster AI smart enough to invade is just too much extra scripting.

Anyway, this event wont happen any time soon, because most likely it will be made for Patch 0.1.8 or later.
To increase the process then yeah, if you play in Whi WOrld it will help. Because can't add more stuff without testing the previous changes.

Yeah, i see...
pit would be good make npcs fight against attackers monsters (to rotect themselves), like tibia guards in Pk player;
But it's not necessary...

I'll login in everyday to kill all npcs hahahaha...
will be difficult to kill npc?

Heal him will be allowed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll login in everyday to kill all npcs hahahaha...
First of all, you can't kill npc every day, because you forgot the fact it NEVER respawns back xD
will be difficult to kill npc?
So so. I guess it will not be that hard if you are equal level with NPC or stronger, but they will do their special power attacks what can cause fatal damage.
And this should be scary enough to avoid you attacking NPC. (because well, if you die, you can't log in any more)

Heal him will be allowed?
yeah? why not :D

meanwhile in Whi World:

I'm moving entire UniqueID documentation from my excel file to LUA table.
(same thing I did with storage values months ago)

This means I will also recheck the scripts. improve them or whatnot.
Mainly I will be moving them to my newest actionSystem if it makes sense to move it there.

There is lot to do, so it may take me entire week.

I've been wondering, where did the name "Whi World" come from?
The name doesn't sit well with me personally (No offence intended) and that has been enough to prevent me from trying the game so far.

"Whi" is just something I use in lot of places, what has anything to do with me.

I just didn't know what else to call it, I'm not unique with names.
When I first started didn't know I will grow into it.

I've been wondering, where did the name "Whi World" come from?
The name doesn't sit well with me personally (No offence intended) and that has been enough to prevent me from trying the game so far.

Lol. I am sure you've been playing on 20+ OTs with worse names than that... Most servers are named slightly the same. Armia, Evolvera, Exoria etc.. Usually theese names looks lika a real Tibian worlds.
Whi World is more unique than most OTs. It sounds like a different type of game which the server also is, since it's not about the usual exping, questing, PvPing. It's from his nickname which is whitevo.. If the name of the server prevents you from trying an OT I am speechless.

I have not tried this OT yet but I just had to comment on this.

@Jim Sala Bim
I would probably avoid playing an OT called "Pony World" too. Are speechless at that, also?
I was honest and asked a question with no offence intended (Or seemingly received) at all.

As I said, the name doesn't sit well with me personally. Much like 'Happy Fun Time Pony OT' wouldn't exactly appeal to me either. But hey, that's just me. Each to their own. It's okay if you like ponies. Seriously.
In regards to all the Tibia-style-RPG named servers - they suit the game that they represent. Tibian styled RPG's. Now don't mistake me for suggesting that the name 'Whi World' doesn't suit the game it represents. I'm not, because I don't know.

What I will say though is that the name "Whi World" doesn't grab me. Perhaps I'm not the target audience. It doesn't matter, I was just interested if there was a deeper meaning behind the name (i.e. Lore related). There isn't. Question answered. Take my opinion for what it is.

xoxo michael

@mdwilliams
You compare the name "Whi World" to "Happy Fun Time Pony OT"? Yes, I am speechless.

Don't judge a book by its cover, ever heard that one?

The server has nothing to do with ponies and so I don't get what the big deal is, it's a OT, not a movie. The name of an server is like 0,01% important. I'd play a server called "HFTP OT" every day of the week if the server seemed appealing.
Your server is called "Dominado - The Forgotten (war) Server" does that feel unique? Does it feel like a cool name for a server? Do I get any internet points for playing on a server with a cool name like that? Does my friends stop teasing me if I play on your server? Look at it, it even has blood stains on the graphics! That has got to be worth at least 1000 internet points.
I'd rather focus on the content rather than the name. But hey, that's just like my opinion, man.

What I will say though is that the name "Whi World" doesn't grab me. Perhaps I'm not the target audience.
This game is not for everyone, the main target audience is for 16+ year old people. This game is hard, filled with violence and cruelty.

meanwhile in Whi World:
half of the unique ID's have been organized.
I also remade the construction system. Now it has more features and much easier for me to add more of these objects.

I skipped tutorial related unique ID's because going to make new tutorial and delete all the previous ones anyway.

In case you didn't know Whi World has construction system then here is reminder:
on certain places (they are pretty obvious to notice), you can build something there. (usually a bridge or stairs)
When looking the construction site it will tell you what you need.
When you have necessary items and use the construction tile you will build object there.
Object will last certain amount of time, before it starts breaking.

You can build half-done bridge and successfully use it, however half assed constructions will break faster. So if you are planning to reuse it or want make it for unknown other players too.
You better complete the construction.

Also repairing costs less materials than building.

Just to clarify: the planned building system, has nothing to do with construction system.
Building system will be feature which allows players to build their own house on their house plot.

@whitevo I apologize for polluting your thread. Jim Sala doesn't understand where I am coming from and has shifted to attempting to insult a public project I maintain. I don't want to further pollute your thread by arguing with him.
Your server does look very unique and I congratulate you on what you have achieved so far. Keep up the great work, the community needs projects like this to stay alive!

@whitevo I apologize for polluting your thread. Jim Sala doesn't understand where I am coming from and has shifted to attempting to insult a public project I maintain. I don't want to further pollute your thread by arguing with him.
Your server does look very unique and I congratulate you on what you have achieved so far. Keep up the great work, the community needs projects like this to stay alive!
It's fine, actually I'm glad to see any kind of activity, other than me posting updates. :D

meanwhile in Whi World:
Right now I finished bringing the UID documentation to LUA tables and improving the old scripts what were attached to these uniqueID's

Apparently the last 200 went quite fast, because well, my scripts have gone better over time and more organized.

Now I start making new tutorial. Hype it up!! This is last time I make new tutorial for this tibia client.
This time around I will try to make it even more engaging and better for people who have never played on tibia/OT client before.

First basic tutorial room is ready!! (out of 8) [although most likely more will be added]
Took me quite some time, however rest will go much faster.
Took me a while to figure out the entire logic and AI for NPC.

I'm quite exited to see what you think of tutorial, when its ready :p

Finished 1 tutorial room today and created door System.
Didn't like the default TFS way to open/close doors. (With this rework, I think I don't have a single file from open datapacks and if I do it's heavily modified.)

Each of these tutorial rooms take like ~4 hours to make >.>
Jesus!!

But you are going to love em!! You will see NPC's do things you have never seen them do before in any other custom/real server.

EDIT [07.02]:

2 rooms added to tutorial.
improved actionSystem, now monsters and NPC's can trigger them too :p

EDIT [08.02]:

Another 2 rooms added to tutorial.

Last edited:
Today I didn't do scripts for Whi World.
It was odd day today. Felt exhausted entire day :/

Tutorial needs 4-5 rooms more and then I will rework the dummy room. Idea is same but I make the players amazed!!! because meh.. why let the super OP NPC AI go to waste :D

Even though I did not script for Whi World I did scripts today.
r3kt.org donated 35€ to Whi World

Also making a "Ferumbras' Ascendant Quest" scripts along with monster spells, so I might not work on Whi World tomorrow either.

I still believe I can release the next Whi World patch end of this week.

EDIT: well failed. At best, I start to continue on monday

Last edited:
Interesting weekend is over. Today picked up Whi World scripts too. 1 new tutorial room added.
There will be 4 more and then the final room rework (dummy room)
Then gotta make system which will automatically place players to correct tutorial.
Yeah, tutorial is pretty long this time and 2 people cant do same room at the same time. (well they could, but that would not be good)
Personal lessons for everyone!

And when these done. Next patch will be out!!
@Apollos has been updating Whi World map areas and completely reworked bandit mountain.
However I lost the map due my failings.. didn't know maps downloaded trough MEGA are not saved to computer. Instead they were in some kind of temp folder which was deleted along with the map.
He also deleted the maps after I told them I got them, becuase, well I did get them and saw them..

Hopefully he will be able restore them and if so next update after tutorial will be reworked bandit mountain. If you have seen reworked cyclops dungeon or desert border. Then you know You will have so much to re-explore in that area. Will propably add several easter eggs, secret or 2 and new interesting quest/mission.

Recap:
List of tutorials I'm going to cover in Whi World next patch:

How to move (explaining moving with mouse).
How to LOOK items (what does looking NPC's and items do).
How to change direction (turning without moving).
How to climb (climb up/down).
How to USE items (climbing over rails).
How to MOVE items (dragging items explained).
How to OPEN doors/items/chests (aka explaining USEing again).
How to collect keys (aka useing again).
How to OPEN bags.
How to Equip bags.
How to turn bags into token bags.
What does Cap/oz mean.
How to USE items on other objects. (potion making room)
How to combine items without USEing (aka dropping items on eachother)
How to choose a target (battle list and ALT key explained)
How to use combat weapons explained.
Small insight about differences in elemental damages.
How to use ranged weapons explained.
What does looking yourself do and spellBook explained.
How to set Hotkeys explained.
How to use Spells (well didnt rly explain about cooldowns, but I believe they will understand xD, if they keep trying to spam the spell and keep seeing the word "its on cooldown")
What are checkpoints.
How to learn new spells.
-- above is what i got so far
how to loot (killing and looting explained
how to trade with NPC's
player HP and MP explained.
Defensive stats explained (armor, defense, resistances)
SkillTree explained

All these How to's and What Does'es and explained parts are puzzles where player has to do something before he can continue.
entire tutorial is linear so nothing cant bee skipped, but NPC AI is strong on this one xD, in some rooms NPC will literally show you what to do, but in most cases he will just talk to you.
But you can always talk to him and get more information how to do this or that. With first tutorial room they show or tell you what to click or press. But the further you reach the more you have to start thinking yourself. They no longer tell you to click on this or that and instead say something like "open this or attack that".
Full tutorial is average 60-120 minutes long. (yes you can easily log off any time and continue from the same room with no buggerinos next time you log in, dw I got you covered)

Is there something I should add and/or explain more about Whi World or about the client in general?

Finished 3 more rooms today and updated Post 1. Haven't done that for long time xD
But umm, any suggestions about tutorial rooms?
I might wrap up the rooms tomorrow. Only 2 more to go: SkillTree and Classes (vocations) room.

Tutorial is now finished! MY GOD that took so much time over 80 hours of scripting. are you cerial..

Oh well, finally its done.
Now going to clear the previous tutorial and then I start fixing the latest bugs found.

Well yeah, too much slacking in weekends xD
+ fixing bugs/improving something takes little more time than anticipated.

But now cool new feature.
If you remember the feature i added where area effects are stopped or manipulated by objects.
Well now it also applies on aoe projectiles.
If you are trying to shoot arrow trough tree, then what happens is that the arrow will be stopped by tree.

This only affects area effects right now.
Let me know if you think normal shots should be affected same way.

Back