• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Fun Fun

Absolutely no scripting done today xD, all I did was play entire day on my server. Today morning were chatting with new player Moshpit. We prepared to go fight Archanos together, but as soon as we started going, Fruit logged in. Now 3 of us went for bandit boss Archanos.

We took a little detour hoping to complete Bandit Mountain Quest, but I had forgotten you now have to find first clue to start the quest. xD
So time well spent.. We went to boss.
As we entered boss waiting room, game crashed. LOL, no clue what was that about, perhaps levitating on top of each other was a bad thing. Going to try figure out the reason tomorrow.
Aight, so I used my godly powers and teleported us to boss and we took off with first attempt. We died.
But something odd happened. Archanos teleported on us after we woke up in town and the fight continued in town. xD
Definitely going to fix that, but still, we looted Zvoid Shield and Thunder Book.
I teleported Fruit back to Archanos boss room, so moshpit could also try boss. They died, obviously.
This time Archanos didn't teleport after them.

then we went for White Deer world boss. (3 of us)
I was only one to die on first white deer. >.> (i forgot to eat, and got hit by charge stun..)
White Deer respawn time is like 10mins, but sometimes when white deer is out of his respawn point the it already starts to countdown the timer, so the white deer was re-spawned instantly.
Second White Deer killed moshpit. (fruit soloed the 2nd White deer)

Moshpit went solo play after that for a while.

Me and Fruit went for Forest Quest. After we completed that Sixten came online. Fruit went Cyclopses with Moshpit, while me and Sixten were going to try Archanos.
We did Bandit Mountain Quest and died twice on Archanos.

Meanwhile Moshpit and Fruit completed Cyclops Dungeon Quest.

Then Miss Celine came online. With him, me and Sixten went for Forest Quest and completed that for Sixten.
And then we went back to Archanos.

While were walking there. Fruit and Moshpit already killed the boss!! and looted another Thunder Book.

Me and Miss Celine did boss then and Voila Easy kill! i had 60 hp left and no barrier. We looted yet another Thunder Book xD.
After that. New try with Sixten and we both died xD. Game Crashed on either mine or druid death. LEL. There is sadly no fix planned for that, still no clue what is the cause..

Then me and Miss celine went for White deer.
Sixten went to complete bandit tasks.
Fruit and Moshpit went for Big Daddy.

After we killed White deer with Miss Celine, we joined in with others and I ended my day there with few Big Daddy kills.

Patch 0.1.3.2 will be pushed by 1 day..

I am trying to fix the bug where some monsters cast spells over gaps or trough solid objects.
For that I need to improve getPath().
While doing that, I'm trying to make it more efficient.
With last 5 hours, I was able to break getPath() completely...

Starting from scratch again xD

EDIT:
Patch 0.1.3.2 is ready, but I'm not too sure about that xD.
Going to update live server tomorrow.

Last edited:
deam found new bug in getPath xD

Its working aight and all, but.. the quickGetpath is not being smart enuf. He finds the target.. but not in very smart way xD

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.2
Server is going to be saved every hour now.

1. NPC's:
Cook: 'Brewing' and 'Cooking' text is no longer "bugged"

2. Monsters:
Practically every monster loot got changed.
Monster AI improved.

Archanos: Damage Nerfed.
Big Daddy: Resistance and GroundSpike spell damage Buffed.
rabbit: More hopping, less walking.

New Monster added - Bandit Shaman (currently only can be seen in test room)
New Monster added - Bandit Sorcerer (currently only can be seen in test room)
New Monster added - Bandit Rogue (currently only can be seen in test room)

3. Map:
Fixed double fireCamp respawns in bandit mountain.
Added more jumpdowns on edges where player could easily climb down.
Added new White Deer Location :p

4. Brewing & Cooking System changes:

Fixed Dumplings and Delight Juice (They can be eaten now)

5. Missions:
Cook - vial of water: Mission can only be completed by making vial of water now

6. Spells:
Buff: Now shows how many % the spell will protect on cast.
climb up: spell mechanic is improved.
climb down: spell mechanic is improved.
death: changed from [L * 20 + mL * 35 + 75] to [L * 15 + mL * 25 + 75]
deathii: changed from [L * 20 + mL * 45 + 65] to [L * 15 + mL * 35 + 65]
spark: changed from [L * 20 + mL * 35 + 75] to [L * 15 + mL * 25 + 75]
sparkii: changed from [L * 20 + mL * 45 + 65] to [L * 15+ mL * 35 + 65]
heat: changed from [L * 10 + mL * 20 + 100] to [L * 10 + mL * 15 + 100]
shiver: changed from [L * 10 + mL * 20 + 100] to [L * 10 + mL * 15 + 100]
barrier: Also now blocks against monsters who have chance to stun on hit.

7. Boss room changes:

Players can now pay 2 coins to respawn in boss room if they die.

8. Quests:
Forest Quest: Improved finding reward location

9. Minigames:
SpeedBall: Reduced number of balls.
SpeedBall: Increased herb price back to 50.
SpeedBall: No longer have to pay iron ore to get in same room, where herbs are sold.

BUG FIXES:
Fixed bug where Monsters were able to shoot trough walls.
Fixed bug where Monsters were able to search target from entire map.
Fixed bug where you could trade unmovable objects.
Fixed bug where player could kill mechanical part of forest quest xD (removed it completely)

My god, gotta be online all the time xD

First, the host suddenly decides to restart and update windows..

Now, Apache crashes, This is like once every 3 month random crash xD

HoTfix is coming in for Patch 0.1.3.2

Monster AI is not quite there yet.
Along with the HotFix I bring:
Typo fixes on few text messages.
Remove the spam from barrier blocking if you take no dmg.
Making new monsters stronger (the ones in test room)
Apparently I'm the only noob here who can't kill them xD

EDIT:
Started making map.
Have been "drawing" it 2 hours now (just borders and floor). Already exhausted xD
God damit, why zo hard.

Last edited:
I was playing but then i had to run cause i was surely going to die then ran into white deer and the server somehow crashed so i cant log in now :/ but loving the server man.

Dayum, was Mapping, didn't Check server.
Its online now.

Server crashes when you were still alive? and White deer chased you?
I'm gona look into it.
I did get some kind of error (but that error was my written and it says: "if it gets here, then something is fucked up!" lol.
So yeah.. Will see what can I do about that. I assume there was lot of monsters and White Deer?

Second thing what crashes my server atm is: When dieing and logging in too fast right after death.
On patch 0.1.4 I will update TFS and see if second problem persists.

Crashed again unforuntately :/ i was just killing a bear that time but was near the white deer spawn in the corner

I'd just like to say, it's awesome to see that you keep working on this and I love following your progression with your posts. Keep it up! ;)

I'd just like to say, it's awesome to see that you keep working on this and I love following your progression with your posts. Keep it up! ;)
On that note here is HOTFIX for the issues I caused with this fragile new patch xD

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.2 HOTFIX
Reduced server save warning message and time from 5 min to 3min.

1. NPC's:
Task Master: He said and gave 'Big Daddy' task, but it worked as White Deer Task. Fixed the typo.

2. Monsters:
White Deer: Damage and healing scale is buffed per beast typo monster around him.
Cyclops: Stun is back! Ready to die?

3. Map:
Hourly free items did not respawn because server save cleared them right away. Free items should spawn now.
Berry bushes can give up to 2! berries.

4. Quests:

Forest Quest: Fixed the issue where Forest Quest was not possible to complete.

5. Items:
Ice Gem: Fixed Ice Gems looted from Bandit Hunter.

BUG FIXES:
Server should no longer Crash when you linger near White Deer Max Radius.

Patch 0.1.4 release will be pushed by a week.
Spellcreating and Monster AI systems took quite some time and they are still not yet perfect.
Then mapping has been slow and boring progress, I map like 2-3 hours a day and then I wont do anything on server, this thing is killing my motivation xD

Good news is that: map is "ready", I no longer add things there. (expect spawns)

Today I script entire map. It is more pleasant activity.
Then I add 2 more spells to new bandits, so they could kill mages and make their combos work out better overall.

After that I'm sure I will have time to start with something new.

Are you ready?

You sure?

player spells.
Going to add 2 new spells to all vocations. (mage gets +1 spell)
If I don't know what should 2nd spell be, That vocation simply wont get 2 spells.

Mage spells have been set in stone.
deathiii, sparkiii, dispel (as rune)

missing 1 Druid spell idea.
healrune (this is not what you think, yes it is rune, because I don't have custom client, but good luck using that rune... huehuehuehue)

knight new spells.
throwaxe, sapphdef

Well that's it for now.
I will see you in patch 0.1.3.3 (gotta test new bandits here again)

I haven't played this yet. But I do like the sound of everything you are doing.

Well apparently I didn't make it to do player spells yesterday xD

But for now almost completed all mage spells.
A direct copy-paste from my LUA spellBook. (no need judgment, I know I could cut the table information by half, I did this spellBook system months ago, but honestly, its good enough for now.)
Code:
["dispel"] = {
    spellID = spellIDF(),
    func = "dispelSpell",
    storageID = SV.dispel,
    actionID = 1116,
    minL = 4,
    word = "!dispel",
    effect = "if target is enemy, it removes buffs.",
    effect2 = "if target is friendly, it removes debuffs.",
    manaCost = 30,
    cooldown = 1,
    formula = "100% + L*5% + sLs*10% (chance to remove)",
},
I didn't know how to explain the formula in few words..
Basically what it does is:
For each 100% you remove 1 debuff/buff
And if its less than 100% then it will go as a x% chance to remove debuff.

EXAMPLE: 260% = removes 2 debuffs and 60% chance to remove 3rd one.

Silence before Storm

Past week has been calm.
Expect the 1 day, where me and my friend sixten played the game (while streaming).
Miss Celine soloed Archanos that day! :D

Other than that, Ownage/Killx has been walking around doing stuff alone.
And occasional new player getting killed by Dummy and never entering the world xD

I myself spending time making new content now and time to time throwing in some bug/balance fixes.

If I get Around to Patch 0.1.3.3 I'd like to see players testing buffed Bandits again :p
That might take few days from now. So there is time to throw in some quick fixes if you find any.

Current priority is to make new player spells for all vocations.

When this is done, I fix some more spellCreating and Monster AI bugs found on latest patch.
And some environment balance changes.
And then patch 0.1.3.3 comes.

I expect current week to be as serene as previous one.
But next week, O boy, things will get bloody :D

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.3

1. Monsters:
Bandit Sorcerer - added new spell
Bandit Rogue - added new spell

2. Map:
Bushes now give 0-1 blue berry xD (I had a laugh about friend making joke, where he found 1 berry from entire berry bush :D)

3. Spells:
I changed spell storage Values, you might have to relearn some spells and you might have learned new spells xD
climb up: spell mechanic improved even more.
climb down: spell mechanic improved even more.

4. Minigames:
SpeedBall: took 1 more bouncing ball away.

BUG FIXES:
If you try learn spell, but it's not meant for your vocation, you get notification message instead of nothing.
Hopefully fixed bug where White deer Stun sometimes killed and duplicated player.
Upgraded Monster AI, direct shots no longer shoot trough walls either.

Bandit town - Hehemi

Bandits have a city. It is underground, built under the Bandit Mountain. This town is named after its general, Hehem.

Long time ago, Hehem was General of Capital Naaru(now known as Forgotten Village), but after the first undead army pillage on the open continent, he occupied Strangham caves and made new base for himself.
All the bandits, also once were citizen of Naaru, but now they follow the Hehem no-laws army.

The city secret location are soon to be revealed.
Don't be too hasty go unarmed in this city. In Hehemi there are some proffesional fighters, who won't let you explore so freely. Their magic and skills are one thing, but the way they do teamwork is on another level.
I suggest to gather up some potions and the best food you think you should have.

Ah, but why even go to this dangerous City?
Well, if simply finding challenge is not enough, There are some amazing items you can loot. Bandits in Hehemi, drop shields and body armors, all 6 of them have unique effects what Whi World has never seen before.
If loot is not your thing? How about helping out Peeter Younger Brother, Liam? Surely you have some chivalry to help Peeter family.
Or perhaps story is what you are seeking? Perhaps you want to find out why Hehem is no longer helping and protecting Forgotten Village and created no-laws army.
Whatever is the case, I promise you, this is going to be fun!

HAHAHA!!

Oh my god, I'm having too much fun making this new NPC xD
I'm improvising to make npc, follow player around the map and keeping him as npc.

I finally finished the following system for npc, but deam that is funny and buggy.
This npc spams ! WAIT UP! as soon as you walk too far xD and then when he does find path to you, he really takes route what blows my mind xD
He just dancing around like idiot haha and then occasinally yells! WAIT UP, as soon as he dances a bit too far.
AHAHA freaking hilarious.

EDIT:
Patch 0.1.3.4 is ready. I will update live severs tomorrow.
That patch means players can access new area.

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.4

1. NPC's:
New NPC added: Liam

2. Monsters:
Archanos: New lootable item saw (required to open passage to new content)
Bandit Shaman: Loot added
Bandit Sorcerer: Loot added
Bandit Rogue: Loot added

3. Map:
2 secret added to game (first is the puzzel how to get into new content, second is meant for future quest)

4. skillPoint System
Skillpoints have cap now. 5 skillpoints can be spent per level. (temporary solution until skillpoint tree)

5. Missions:
new missions

Liam - save liam
Peeter - talk to peeter after liam save
Peeter - yellow cloth
Peeter - green cloth

6. Spells:
new spells

mend: Heals 2 tiles near target location.
throwaxe: deals damage to target and debuffs with slow
dispel: takes off buffs from enemy target and removes debuffs from friendly target
deathiii: deals death damage 3 tiles ahead
sparkiii: deals energy damage 3 tiles ahead
sapphdef: gives ice resistance for 5sec and heals if ice damage taken

7. Items:
Saw: tool
Iron Hammer: tool
gribit shield: shield slot
yashiteki: body slot
stone shield: shield slot
stone armor: body slot
shikara nankan: shield slot
precision robe: body slot
yellow cloth: quest item
green cloth: quest item

added new BUG xD:
Bugged Questlog - Before there was nothing, but now its really broken. :D

Raiders!

Well well well. Im quite impressed what I achieved, while exploring Hehemi with MissCeline, Fruit and Me.
But lets start from beginning. :p

First we killed Archanos 6 times in row to loot Saw (drop chance is 25%)

Then we went back town to refill food and we stumbled upon Fruit, who was persistent to destroy the training pole in Forgotten Village. xD (reminder, you get no skilltries while hitting things)
Anyway, so I filled my bag with 3 vial of water, 4 meat and 1 Easter Ham (combined food).
I leaded them to the closed passage way in Bandit Mountain and let them figure out, how to open the passage (took them about ~3minutes, but most of the time they just reminded me how horrible is my mapping xD)

Off to explore our own death!
And how about that. We managed to kill 10 bandit groups!! while sometimes taking 2 groups at ONCE!
I felt about 2 critical near death experience (less than 50 hp left running xD) and countless red hp situations.
I saw both them had same problems, but we were too good to be killed by mere bandits, UNTIL missCeline had to die and crash server with his death !! xD

We looted like loads of iron hammers and gems and 1 spell, so i felt a little uncertain is the monsters even dropping items. But just few minutes ago I tested drops in testServer and after 10 bandit group kills, fat loot was there.
ot0t9z.jpg

2 new players entered Whi World and manged to kill Dummy: Troxet and Aerestes.
Let's see did thy like what they felt, saw and shall they return? :D

They had quite the bumpy road at start because with my latest patch I manged to break tutorial completely xD

HotFixes and some server changes go in effect ~15min after this post has been written (I will post patch notes on website and on advertisement thread)

Back