• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Googled what does huah mean.

Top Definition

Hu-ah
Shortened from "HUA". Standing for "Heard, Understood, Acknowlegded".

Popular military phrase, especially in the Air Force, to voice approval of something or excitement.
That movie was very Hu-ah

Lt Jim: The F-22 is an awesome plane
Lt Mike: Hu-ah

Commander: We're going to bomb to terrorists back to the stoneage! Hu-ah?
Group: HU-AH!

Nothing more, nothing less.

It looks good! Keep up the good work, it looks like you're working hard!
https://otland.net/threads/how-to-create-database-for-highscores.232562/#post-2242064
with the help of Community solved another new feature for server. PVE highscore what keeps track of boss kill and death statistics.
Now players will have a something to compare themselves with the rest of Whi World players other than items and level.

Incase you are not checking post 1 or my videos thread, few days ago I finished another Youtube Video.

>Whi World GamePlay<

Last edited:
Oh it's wee-teh-vo.
I've always looked at it as why-teh-vo.
:p

my chain-party trip is now over.
After I wake up, I will work on putting up the server once again.
Mostly tomorrow will be the day I work with initial bugs. (If any should happen or be found)
Also going to prepare the new map for new content.
If Im lucky I might even get some more map drawings from fellow otlander. It will be his choice to put his name out here. Im not sure does he want to be anonymos or not.

(and finish some scripts for other custom servers)

server is online.
seems im having lagspikes, not sure what is causing this yet.
Let me know if you get lags too (if you play dat iz)
new ip is:www.whiworld.com

Today fixing all the bugs we found yesterday with @kiahat

Potions [fixed]
BigDaddy stance change [fixed]
skillpoints gain trough exploring [fixed]
field damage nil error message escape [added]
druid !buff spell % mana cost [fixed]

EDIT:
Well that was fast xD
All the bugs fixed for now. GIMY MOAR!
(meanwhile I'm gona continue scripting something awesome for kiahat)

Last edited:
Trophies Awarded to whitevo
  1. 20
    Awarded: 39 minutes ago
    Addicted
    1,000 messages? Impressive!
LulWut? I'm not addicted. I just spam nonsense :D

Well.. 2 players have tried my server but have given up on Tutorial xD
I guess kiting a monster is very hard :D
But seriously, would like to see at least one player able to achieve level 3.

Meanwhile I start making the ultimate monster AI and spellcreating system for my server.

Whi World Monster AI:

Every second monster will choose what spell to do.
Monster will check is there a point to do spell (if spell doesn't reach you or some other reason, they will decide NOT to cast spell and wait better moment)

This way monsters are starting to combo-wombo players and won't waste spells.

What Do you think so far?

And I got Question, I'm not sure which way to go with this idea.
Should I make it so that:
monster can cast 1 spell per second max OR limitless spellCast at once as long as they are not under cooldown?

Both solutions have upside and downside.
If I give them limitless spellCast at once, this might make this game even harder. Because they will start combo-womboing right off the bat when player makes mistake and that could be really punishing.
Even without the AI, monsters already kill players like flies in my server xD

I created a mage, went further slowly, bcs small level = small speed.
I came to some monster named dummy.
Before i was able to deal like a quarter of its health i died not knowing what to do.
Halp.

I created a mage, went further slowly, bcs small level = small speed.
I came to some monster named dummy.
Before i was able to deal like a quarter of its health i died not knowing what to do.
Halp.
did you do in-game tutorial?
did you read signs? you should
did you watch tutorial video?

To fight dummy you need to kite it as much as you can and finally just burst it down with spell.

How do i kite it in a place where i can only move diagonally with the speed of a level 1 character :eek:

How do i kite it in a place where i can only move diagonally with the speed of a level 1 character :eek:
skeleton is slower.

If you are skilled enough you might even kill 2 skeletons trough all this process (if there would be 2 of them [there Isn't, just saying])

Well that is more like it :p
6 hours of coding and all i got was broken script and 2 new function xD

But well theoretically monster now is able to compare does his area damage spells would touch player. And if it sees it's not. He we wont cast the spell :D
Also automatic cooldown system created.

Going to call it a day for now.

I am back home :p
Going to continue with AI and spellcreating system.
And also I have another question.

I watched Whitcher 3 Gameplay yesterday and few videos, I got an idea what could be solved in different ways.
Idea is this: when you go into "talking state" with NPC then instead of writing messages, player gets Modal Window choices. This way I could set lot of buffer/rpg texts to NPC.

But the question is, which option would you like?

1. Currently you have to stay 1 tile away from NPC and say "hi". And all the NPC's who are near you will interact with you.
2. I could improve the same method for adding a name of NPC and then it would only find that NPC and increase the radius.
3. No longer use text commands, instead when player attacks an NPC, you go into "talking state".

Third option would be the most easiest and straightforward option, but that would take away yet another tibia like feeling. (even though its far away from tibia in first place. only sprites are same. "right now")

The NPC update will come on patch 0.1.5
Your answer will matter, if you don't care, I go with 3rd option.

Well, Big Daddy is getting smarter :p
He is thinking! And his cone spell is made with spellcreating system. It looks amazing :D

Time to create the 2nd spell of his with that spellCreating system.
Falling stones.

2nd Spell added :D

Its getting smarter !! :D
Tomorrow going to continue: Stance changing to monster AI and groundspike spell inc trough spellCreator.
Groundspike should come faster, because I have feeling I have already created all possible area creating/checking functions.

GroundSpike spell = Big Daddy spell what he uses when he changed his stance.
Randomly spikes will come out of floor and if player is standing on the ground where spikes come, he takes damage.

updated post 1

Also Stances are ready for Big Daddy, off to make GroundSpikes spell to him trough spellcreating system.
Patch 1.3.1 will come out soon. Will bring some balance changes for early game and few missing map hints. (forest quest hints)

EDIT:
Well thats a first xD
Im crashing my client but server is ok.
Trying to make Channeling spell for Monster, i guess bombarding with too much information xD

EDIT2:
O boy spellCreating system is taking shape :D
ALMOST THERE! XD
It took me 3 days last time I did groundspiker spell.
Now with this halfassed(not ready yet) spellcreator I did the spell with 4 hours :D

EDIT3:
Finished polishing spellCreating system so far.
Tomorrow going to add new type of spell, healing.
And then Big Daddy should be ready.
And off to next Creature - Cyclops.

Last edited:
Back