• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Oh wow I underestimated players xD
~35+hours playtime was covered yesterday :eek:
I feel like I should bring out Patch 0.1.4 right away xD
but I did say: errorless
So here is hotfix instead.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.3.8 HOTFIX
PVP is turned off...
GETPATH() FUNCTION UPDATED -- prepare for CRASHES!! OR SUPER SMART SPELLS/MONSTERS!

Items
> equipment:
Kaiju Wall: Effect now works.
Precision Robe: Can now be upgraded with upgrade items.

Spells:
spellBook calculates % manacost correctly.
buff:
Spell has been improved. When you get buffed with worse % than you currently have active, then you get to keep better %, but the buff duration resets!
dispel: fixed >.> <.< >.<

Boss Room:
Boss room kick lever is now working properly again.
Boss room is once again cleaned after boss kill.
Dieing and succeeding in boss fight will now continue registrating your results in highscore tables. (I have no clue how long did it not work xD)

NPC's:
Liam: Can now cancel mission.
Liam: improved conversation.
Liam: improved following.
Liam: improved finishing quest.

map:
No longer can be stepped on levers.
Changing environment with saw, no longer bugs out the respawn timers.

Monsters:
Bandit Shaman: healing aura now is working correctly.
Borthonos machines: no longer shoot trough walls and floors.
Bandit Rogue: no longer escapes trough walls and floors.
Bandit Sorcerer: Hopefully no longer reduces speed so much that you can't move for 2 minutes xD
Dummy: started hitting and fast! -- whine hard if dummy is too hard now!

Quests:
No longer can search mountain without a crack in Bandit Mountain Quest.
Bandit quest Reward Chest is now fixed.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4

Items > equipment:
Immortal Kamikaze: effect changed to [USE: explode barrier to deal 200% of total barrier as death damage to surrounding creatures.]
The Nami boots: effect changed to [magical damage spells are casted as waves.]

Overview What has changed from 0.1.3 - 0.1.4

Finding new areas will award players with skillpoints.
Monster AI has been improved immensely.
Balance fixes to all vocations.
Balance fixes for the game flow.
Added new regular monsters: Bandit Shaman/Sorc/Rogue
New Boss room feature: respawning possibility for gold coins.
New Area added to map: Hehemi.
new spells added to game: dispel, mend, throwaxe, sapphdef, deathiii, sparkiii
10 new equipment items added.
new NPC Liam added
4 new missions added.
2 Tools added:
iron hammer and saw.
new semi-boss added: Borthonos.
Construction system added.
new quest added:
Hehemi quest.
Client updated to 10.77
Spell Book updated.

Upcoming changes for patch 0.1.4 - 0.1.5
Skilltree.
Lore.
smarter NPC's.
solo-boss.
reputation system.
new potions.
new dishes.
new missions: (for brewing and cooking and contructing)
death penalty.
loot system.
bounty system.
highscores what shows boss killing statistics will be added.
hardcore system update.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.1
Maybe pvp "off" finally >.>?

Items
> containers:
Loot bag: added to game.

Items > equipment:
stone armor: effect changed from [While armorup is active and you take physical damage, heal yourlself] to [While armorup is active and you take damage, heal yourlself]

Spells:
heal: cooldown increased from [2] to [3] seconds

Boss Room:
Paying gold for HC rooms and dieing there, will no longer take off your HC life.
Cost of boss rooms has been increased by 1.

NPC's:
Cook: Cost of meat has been lowered from [7] to [6].
Cook: Cost of ham has been lowered from [14] to [11].

food:
Fixed food upgrading with powder.

Monsters:
Bandit Shaman: Reduced meat drop chance by 5%
Bandit Rogue: Reduced meat drop chance by 5%
Bandit Sorcerer: Reduced meat drop chance by 5%
Borthonos: New item added to loot list The Nami boots

Quests:
I was reported killing boss with party and getting boss kill task from taskmaster allows you to get experience from boss kill again.
I seem not to able to reproduce this bug, so.. I guess its false information until I'm proven otherwise xD
Hehemi Quest: made quest little harder and created new reward in the end, want to get it? good luck, for real, good luck.

Skillpoints:
Reset has been made to skills, although its possible that your char lost no skillpoints, you just have to replace them on new skillTree.
Completing task once gives skillpoint, completing same task second time gives task master reputation. (future thing)

server is back online, going to check into doTargetCombatHealth timer event errors. What seems to have caused the crash.
And then balancing the tutorial.

EDIT:
Issue has been found in tutorial.
It no longer reads the elemental defences from xml file :|
gotta move these too to creaturescripts now.

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.2

Spells:
mend: healing formula changed from [L*5 + mL*4 + sLs*14] to [L*4 + mL*4 + sLs*11]

NPC's:
Cook: Cost of vial has been increased from [3] to [4].

Monsters:
ALL monsters have been broken since TFS 1.2 xD I did not notice their resistance did not work. Remade the system in LUA now. freaking useless xml xD
Now they all have appropriate resistances.

Skillpoints:
Another reset has been made to skills. This time reset the tasks so you have to do them all again to obtain your skillpoints.

SkillTree:
measuring soul: fixed formula where secondary spells did not loose manacost.
measuring mind: fixed formula where secondary spells did not loose manacost.
liquid fire: Fixed skill and changed core a little. No longer refreshes timer with best dot on target. Instead removes the previous fire dot and replaces with new one. doesn't matter is the new dot weaker or not.

Loot:
Changed the way looting in general works.
1. Different vocations can have different chances to loot specific item.
Example: druids have higher chance to loot druid spells and druid items, but downside are that they have less chance to loot other vocation spells or items.​
2. first time looting monster.
Some items have higher chance to drop first time. This means after you loot the item what had extra chance, the next time you you wont have that extra chance.​
3. Monster now can drop fluid or "type" items.
There isn't any in game, but now they are able to drop vial of waters or vial of blood, ready potions, etc.​
4. drop chance is dynamical
There isn't any special items in game what increase drop chance of specific items or items in general, but im going to have !! :D
5. bounty!
Monsters can accumulate special items in their loot! I'm not sure how to explain it well, but this is epic feature!
Boss Room:
Once again the price of boss signs has been increased by 1.
This time Each time it is used it will increase the boss bounty - gold.
Boss killer will get the bounty.

Well I started to do all the tasks for my skillpoints back but.... did 3 tasks and one of them was a boss and only got 1 skill point for all 3.. 01:26 Task Master: You completed cyclops task 01:26 Task Master: You completed big daddy task01:26 Task Master: You completed deer task. o_O

Well I started to do all the tasks for my skillpoints back but.... did 3 tasks and one of them was a boss and only got 1 skill point for all 3.. 01:26 Task Master: You completed cyclops task 01:26 Task Master: You completed big daddy task01:26 Task Master: You completed deer task. o_O
lel, true dat, I got typo in script xD

EDIT: live server updated.

EDIT2:
Oh my gosh xD
im so exited.
The new boss is gona be SO FREAKING DOPE! :D
I bet there Is no such similar mechanical boss, Im creating right now.
SpellCreating System FTW!

This boss is going to be very hard and I don't expect nobody to kill it with current items in game.
Not only this boss will be annoying to summon, but the tactical knowledge it requires to fight him, is just too much. You litteraly need to fight this boss several times to figure out what you can do and what you should not do. (unless you record your fights)

Anyway, I have figured the way knights can fight the boss.
How mages and druids deal with it?
No clue. gotta think about it xD

Aight.. Ima continue scripting that boss.

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.3

Monsters:
new solo-boss added to game: Your Shadow

Skillpoints:
Another reset has been made to skills.. I just can't get it right...

SkillTree:
liquid fire: reduced % damage per stack from [10] to [8]

Map:
new boss room added for solo-boss.
Insect cave entrance created in forest.

minigame:
Fixed bug where minigame speed boost lasted even when you got out of minigame.

Items > equipment:
fixed bug where the nami boots increased spellDamage the further the wave reached (only on druids)
No clue how.. I did not understand it myself.. but whatever was the case, its fixed now.

Fixed bug where Arogja hat did not give heal on barrier breakdown.

New items added to game: kamikaze pants, warrior boots, bianhuren.

Items > other:
new key added:
Shadow room key
new stone added: skill stone

Next update will be big one.

I'm going to update NPC system and Lore system.
With new NPC system update: new missions will come and daily missions will come back.
Most likely Mission systems will also get updated. (currently I got exploring mission system and collecting mission system)

The Lore system is going to be the next big thing for my server, because this feature is going to be something VERY unique. I don't know any game in world what uses that kind of mechanic what I will try to do. (but there might be something like that)
Still I'm going to take this feature to next level when game is released.
This Lore System will get "base mechanics" as of now, but it will be developed and improved every time something new is added to game. This ofcourse will take extra time in future and lot of time to create right now, but I feel it's necessary to finally give face to my project.
From player perspective it gives RPG'ish feel.
Not only your character will be part of the game story and you matter, but also every player has is own unique lore.
Even if there is going to be 10,000 players, they all will have its own lore different from everybody else.
Even if you do same thing over and over again with different characaters. Lore is going to be different on each of them.

Well that's what the lore system should do, it definitely won't work smoothly on first attempt nor second nor months after creation, but as I said, it will be ongoing progress until its released and beyond.

I Think it will take me ~3 weeks straight starting from this weekend to complete the next update.

Meanwhile, as you can see, I added some new content today.
You gotta find the solo-boss room. You gotta shuffle trough your memories, because you have seen that room before!! >x)
Then you gotta solve the puzzle to activate boss room.
And finally you gotta kill something what requires so much precision you haven't seen since League of Legend and patience what only your grandma has.
Well ofc its times easier with druid/mage, but I have killed the boss with Knight, so.. its possible..

I will be hotfixing the current patch time to time if something requires balancing or fixing, but most likely I won't be playing myself. I will be working on the new systems.

Huge success with NPC system.
This is going to be the best NPC system out there fo' sho!!

At this rate I might get the NPC update ready faster than expected and push out new patch along with it.
Although I have been doing some scripts to other OTlanders for small buck now. So I might get slowed down even more.

Still, my first NPC will be "task master", I will let you know when i get him ready.

So far asking/saying generator and answer generator is ready.
Now I have to attach LOADS of storage manipulators, to make the chat dig deeper smoothly and record the "lore" and "wiki" and stuff like that I have mentioned before.

Back