• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Wow, I'm amazed how far this has gone. Didn't play for a long time but definitely will have to start again. (Is druid still so OP for solo gameplay? xd)
What I can say and what bothers me the most is that tibia client is very limited to what we have to do in your server. Movement is not o responsive, animations are not so good (this horrible dodgeball thing xD), and way too much dependend on good ping ( :( cuz i don't have one )
Anyway, chest full of good lucks for you, because it is really orginal and good project.

Wow, I'm amazed how far this has gone. Didn't play for a long time but definitely will have to start again. (Is druid still so OP for solo gameplay? xd)
Welcome back.
Honestly I have no clue what is OP now.
Whispers say that Mages because of their ability to turn they simple spell into HUGE aoe wave. But then again they pretty squishy too.

However before this patch everything was fairly balanced.
With this patch its kinda of iffy, because ALL items got rework and things will be rather chaotic for week or 2.

What I can say and what bothers me the most is that tibia client is very limited to what we have to do in your server. Movement is not o responsive, animations are not so good (this horrible dodgeball thing xD)
Yeah sadly the totally custom client is not planned for this year and I suck modifiying source to make it technically better for my server.

and way too much dependend on good ping ( :( cuz i don't have one )
Well i run server on old computer with 2gb ram. and idk is 5mb upload good enough.
+ my scripts run on LUA not in source so idk does that hickup performance too.
Not sure what are the hsoting pland for the future for the america pllayers, no clue hot it should work.

Anyway, chest full of good lucks for you, because it is really orginal and good project.
Ty, got me hyped to continue making more stuff now xD

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.7.8

NPC's:
Tanner: reputation shop item info button shows items in console now.

Loot:
Fixed some errors where sometimes items were not dropped.

Challenges:
Fixed bug where challenge room monsters dropped loot.

Added new challenge: bandits. Good luck.. you need it. I could not get past wave 4 and I had max gear (I guess its best that is)

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.8

Tutorial:
I have noticed that players who complete the tutorial still have hard time to understand that they are not suppose to stand idle when fighting monsters.
For this, first forest monsters punish players hard and make the first encounter "wtf it's impossibru".
People realize quickly enough they gotta move around, but still pretty punishing at first.
So in order to smooth it out, I added leather legs to the Dummy drop.
This will make you take less damage and the set bonus will trigger which will also give extra speed.

Loot:
Fixed some errors where sometimes items were not dropped. again.

Items:
Also I have increased all stats what give speed by 30%
Trying hard to make this "rogue like" build viable xD at least set a cool base to make it fun to even try.

Other:
In some reason can't use any item what shares position with ladder. So I added option to remove unmoveable items from under ladder if this situation occurs again.

You can now turn bags into token bags when you drop it on floor and browse the field where the bag is!

Thanks to @WibbenZ, another source update has been made. It won't fix any current crashes, but it might add some new ones xD
Now player speed can't be reduced under 50 (hopefully) which was the issue with slow spells what stack up.
Also 1 more major fix has been done, un-moveable items can no longer be picked up when the items has crosshair option.

Highscores:
Sorry, last patch I did not record dummy kills

Tasks:
Added 4 new tasks.
Level 5 tasks: bandit -sorcerer, -rogue, -shaman
Level 6 task: borthonos

Death system:
Now on when you die, you enter into death state and modal window option will pop up.
Currently modal window will have choice to revive in town, but in future some items or spells can also revive players.

While in the dead state. You can't move from your position and monsters ignore you and you take no damage.

Item system:
Thanks to @Codex NG, I was able to improve the system a little more.
Nothing changed visually for players, but code itself uses now metatables which in theory helps along with server performance.

So today I twerked on new stat display system.
At best It will come out tomorrow.

However, maybe you have some opinions what to display more? (note, if you don't have any modifier for stat then it wont display that specific stat when !stats command called)
def
barrier
average damage per secon
damage type
armor

energyRes
iceRes
fireRes
earthRes
deathRes
physicalRes
holyRes
waterRes
pvpRes
undeadRes
dragonRes
beastRes
stunRes
slowRes

mL
sLs
sLw
sLd
sLf
critical hit chance
critical block chance
stun immune level
speed

In addition, knights will get small buff, because some skills will get more useful like: sharpening weapon and accurate strike.
They will start modifing the base damage, which in return allows other stuff to proc harder.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.8.2

Tutorial:
annoying npc no longer moves around

Items:
improved some items a bit on resistances

Other:
another "easter egg" added to server, what doesn't impact game at all but is cool in logical way :D

Death system:
Disabled modal window.
This crappy tibia client can't handle modal windows when at the same time player moves, which happened quite alot. Thus opened up "fake" modal window what didn't do anything..
This means gotta wait custom client before I bring back the death modal window.
For now, you will be instantly moved back to temple.

Stat system:
You can now check your stats in the console by using command !stats.
This will automatically calculate your average damage (however does not calculate proc effects and has nothing to do with spells.)
If you want to see your spell damage then spellBook calculates that for you.

In addition you will see your total resistances from all the gems and items and sets and whatnot else.
also shows skills ofcourse and some more extra stats like crit chance and crit block, etc

Commands:
new command !stats will display player stats in local chat.

well I stopped slacking and continued scripting Whi World.
Just about now I refactored potion system and started thinking new potions.
I think I want to see 3 new potions in game what are "easier" to make (does not require minigame herbs)
This however doesn't mean the potions should be crappy.
Anyway.. Is there any specific ideas you want to contribute? Or I just make what comes up on my head first.

Currently the potions Whi World has:
Code:
potions = {
    ["Tier 1 Druid potion"] = {
        potionType = "Vocation Potion",
        buff = "Your spells cost 10% less MP(rounded upwards).",
        nerf = "10% of spell cost is taken from HP instead(rounded upwards).",
        duration = 30*60,
    },

["Tier 1 Hunter potion"] = {
        buff = "Each physical hit will apply poison for 5sec and it deals 10 earth damage per sec. Stacks 10 times.",
        nerf = "Each time you make physical damage, you loose 10 speed for 10sec. Stacks 10 times.",
        duration = 30*60,
    },

["Tier 1 Mage potion"] = {
        buff = "Gain aura around you. Deals 35 energy damage per second (distance 1 tile).",
        nerf = "loose 10% of your total mana pool for 20 min.",
        duration = 30*60,
    },

["Tier 1 Knight potion"] = {
        buff = "Physical damage deals 60-80 fire damage to each hit.",
        nerf = "You loose 1 armor each hit for 10sec. Stacks Infinitely.",
        duration = 30*60,
    },

["Antidote potion"] = {
        potionType = "Support Potion",
        uniqueType = true,
        buff = "Removes all poison effects instantly.",
        nerf = "for next 20 seconds you take 20% more elemental damage.",
        duration = 20,
    },
}

well currently 2 new potions are 100% ready. Meant to support rogue like build, because well I'm still trying hard to make that build useful xD
What you think of these new potions?
Code:
["silence potion"] = {
        buff = "30% chance to silence target for 1 second on weapon hit (expect wands)",
        nerf = "all elemental resistances are lowered by 15%",
        duration = 10*60,
    },

["flash potion"] = {
        buff = "your attack speed is increased by the % amount energy resistance you have.",
        nerf = "your weapon maximum damage changes into weapon minimum damage",
        duration = 10*60,
    },

Also made changes how silence will start working in game.
Against monsters. the silence stalls all their spells with the silence duration.
So if 3 players silence boss 3 times per second then he will cast the spell 3 sec later.
OP OP :D I know! xD

However if player is silenced, then he will be only silenced for the duration of the silence and it does not stack.
So if you get silenced for 1 sec and 1sec then you simply cant cast spell for 1 sec.

And for now.. prolly gona change it in future. If player would get silenced for 1 sec and then 5 sec he still would be silenced 1 sec xD

well 3rd potion added to game. I will no longer think of new potions. However if anybody else feels like your potion idea should be considered, I don't mind adding another :)

Code:
["spellcaster potion"] = {
        buff = "every time your damage spell hits, heal yourself by 3 hp",
        nerf = "your spells cost 10% more mana (rounded upwards)",

Well I'm done for today.
Tomorrow If all goes as planned, I will add:
Priest reputation
3 new herbs

And this would be enough for another patch.

I realized my server has been down for day or maybe even 2 now xD
I try to get access to host tomorrow and put it up again.

so changed several things regarding items.
First the way NPC handle items is much more detailed and accurate.
Second rewrote TFS metafunction Player:removeItem()
3rd rewrote TFS metafunction Player:getItemCount()

So heads up, lot of ALL collecting missions will be broken if I missed or messed up something.

However 5 new missions will be added to Priest. Which 3 of them will be unlocked on patch 0.1.4.9 along with map changes
Today I will try to finish up planning out how to gather rep towards priest.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.4.8.5

NPC's:
changed the way npc handles items for missions. (player should see no changes, Script itself is more accurate now with items)
Priest: Reputation Towards Niine(priest) has been enabled
Priest: Added 5 new missions.
Tonka: Fixed bug where you had to have the herb powder to complete the tonka herb info tasks. (aka you only need powder to start the herb info task)

Other:
Rrewrote the Player:removeItem and Player:getItemCount functions.
So heads up, lot of missions will be broken if I missed or messed up something.

Brewin system:
3 new potions and herbs added to game. (maybe a more detailed version of them will be showed on next patch)
However these herbs are not yet obtainable for players. The herbs are hidden on map reworks what will come up on next patches.
Although you can already work your way to the point you need to deal with the new herbs.

Hype Info:
So as you can see The Patch 0.1.5 is slowly closing in which would mean the end of adding and polishing current content.
For the last tiny fraction there will some changes in certain map areas. The idea will remain the same, but the map itself will look hundred times better. In with it lot of exploring stuff will be scripted on the map :D
Areas what are going to be changed: Bandit Mountain, Cyclops Dungeon and Borderline between Forgotten Village and Forest.

I am not sure will I push all the map updates out at once or section by section. Time will tell. Mostly it will depend how long will it take to release all at once. If its going to be more than 2 weeks, then most likely I will introduce the updates areas earlier.

Anyway. As soon as new maps are out and scripted. The final System to release Patch 0.1.5 will be: hardcore TP runes and death Penalty.

IMPORTANT INFO:

When Patch 0.1.5 is released and you haven't logged in since release of patch 0.1.4.4 Your character will be deleted. (that was last time where you start conversation with NPC telling him "hi")

Über long weekend is coming to an end. I did manage to open script files for few minutes each day.

Loot Bag has been reworked.
Now the size of loot bag can be upgraded with another loot bag
Yes that means I added 1 more loot bag into game.
Now if you use the loot bag a modal window will pop up, which will show items what are inside the bag and to choose which one to take out.

Updating map areas and scripting them is still in progress. Quite possible it may take more than a week before I introduce next patch, but will see, how many scripts I should do besides Whi World ones.

2gvq6ma.jpg
EDIT: > POST 1 HAS BEEN UPDATED <

Last edited:
O wow, I'm spending too much time and effort on single quest xD
BUT ITS GONA BE EPIC!!
It almost has it all: mystery, puzzles, talking, fighting and cutscene kind of thing :D
Your mind will be blown if you start doing that quest. I took it to whole another level again :p

Very close to finishing it!

After quest is done and new herb item manipulation is finished, I will think about bringing the new patch out. Although Bandit Mountain is not completed at all.

O wow, I'm spending too much time and effort on single quest xD
BUT ITS GONA BE EPIC!!
It almost has it all: mystery, puzzles, talking, fighting and cutscene kind of thing :D
Your mind will be blown if you start doing that quest. I took it to whole another level again :p

Very close to finishing it!

After quest is done and new herb item manipulation is finished, I will think about bringing the new patch out. Although Bandit Mountain is not completed at all.
It is important to spend a lot of time on an aspect of a project, allows you to understand other things you might have put aside to work on this, but i don't need to tell you I am sure you know this already :p

It is important to spend a lot of time on an aspect of a project, allows you to understand other things you might have put aside to work on this, but i don't need to tell you I am sure you know this already :p
now you make uneasy because I decided not to give npc an AI to fight alongside a player..

I'm honestly wondering what's going on?!
Existent map areas getting updated. Daadyboy and Shirako are helping me with that.
I'm updating these areas with scripts to make them interactive.
Currently making quest what prolly only very few can complete, it requires common sense and thinking.

well.. I could bring patch out tomorrow with the new quest and 2 upgraded areas.
Question is, anybody wants to see, try or play it?
If not I might aswell work on Bandit mountain until that is ready too.

Back