• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.2.2

Tutorial:
Improved it in many areas:
Time between looking all signs is 2,5 sec (previously 1 sec)
Hitting dem walls gives you text, what is happening (some ppl seemed to hit it quite long before they realized "ok this is not going work" xD)
Annoying NPC got small rework. no longer spam of hammers, but still making sure that you have 1. Also fixed bug where doing certain activities in sequence you could never pass dat guy.

Monsters:
Skeleton Warrior- Added into game, but does no dmg or spells. only made its AI (to open doors and such)

Scaling System:
Improved the system. More optimized now.
In addition monsters no longer calculate their maxHP every 2 second. Instead it has a little more complicated interval.
This will allow teams to "sneak" up to the target and burst them down before their HP scales to correct size compared with your team size.

Garbage Collecting System:
Most likely culprit for the constant server crashes.
Improved it quite a lot. Hopefully no more crashes.

Spells:

Area explosions no longer pass single solid objects. (against wall of solid objects its still a little buggy, but going improve it some other time)

Minigame:

Drinking game has been improved. More smooth, more action, more logic on scripts before asking the question.

Map:

Skeleton Warrior room - New room which is like puzzle.
About that though:
There is teleport in town (in Bum(Smith) house) it will lead you to that room.
I need somone to test is the puzzle possible:
There is no look information on doors or hints how do it so I'm going write it here:
1. all dark doors can be opened with pulling lever. (1 way it opens all vertical doors, another way it opens all horizontal doors)
2. vertical skeleton doors are opens for 10 sec when skeleton dies nearby
3. Horizontal door open when skeleton itself opens it (after they open a door they get 30sec cooldown before they can open another one, so don't think its bug..)

In addition these pillars summon new skeleton in every 2 minutes (if the lights are off) incase you get stuck or something. (there is 1 corner for it, where you have to wait for skele to respawn xD

Yesterday, Things didn't quite much as planned. Something came up yesterday.
However I reworked ActionSystem.
Now lof of onUse and onStepIn/Out actions use same function which executes lot of other functions.
In addition all these other functions are now metafunctions. Which will maybe increase the performance.
Or at least code looks alot better xD

Today Going to think spells for Skeleton Warrior. Feel free to give amazing spell ideas.
Skeleton Warriors are slow and located in narrow areas.
If posting on forum is too mainstream. You can talk to me in game too. I'm online there.

Lol Great work ,
I see that you work alone its so amazing to see someone works alone and do that's all :D

Lol Great work ,
I see that you work alone its so amazing to see someone works alone and do that's all :D
So far created 2 spells to skeleton warrior and added added death effect:
First spell: Throws bombs (skulls) what explode 3 sec later.
If you get hit by skull you take damage
The skull explosion doesn't do damage but few bone particles will scatter around which on hit will do damage.

Second Spell: Skeleton Warrior can pick up 1 bone particle(the ones from bomb) every 5 seconds and heal themselves with it.

Death effect: Upon dieing skeleton scatters around bone parciles same way like the bomb.

Now making 3rd spell: bone shield. Its also quite unique spell which purpose is to counter Knights :p

And then not sure what to add more xD This might be it :c (head is empty)

Oh well, did quite a good break. But still added 4 new items to game :p

Tomorrow going to update Post 1 and think add new mission to my game. Something cooler than collecting item :p. I just can't bring myself to get game too dull. Gotta add that quality too.
And cmon guys, can someone try the maze/puzzle?
If you ask a verification from me, you can skip tutorial and go straight into the puzzle with teleport.
Skeleton warriors don't do dmg right now.
But next patch they will and good luck testing then. Unless you want me to slow down.
Meanwhile I can finish the system where solid objects block explosions.
Disabled it in game for now. A small bug which doesn't execute on spell what have lot of area and blocked :c

Well finally yesterday The skeleton puzzle maze was tested.
Going to finish up the next patch then and bring it out today.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.3

Items:
Added 8 new equipment items to the game:
Chokkan
Supaky
Kodayasu
Akujaaku
demonic robe
phadra robe
ghatitk armor
traptrix coat

added 4 new upgrade stones to the game:
crit stone
- only works for leg equipment
speed stone - only works for boot equipment
sight stone - only works for head equipment
def stone - only works for body equipment

Monsters:
Skeleton Warrior- added spells to him and configured the stats.

actionSystem:
improved the system what automatically generates most onUse, onStepIn/Out scripts.

Spells:

Fixed the bug where are explosions in some occasion didn't work at all and now added formulas to avoid wave going trough walls in some situation.

Map:
Skeleton Warrior room - Is now well balanced and scripted the visuals too.

Mission:
bone flute -
Added a little more interesting mission to Priest

POST 1 IS NOW UP TO DATE

Been a while Since I updated that, but now did it xD
Anyway last weekend I knew that If i get this the next patch out I will probably stop bringing out new content.

Why you may ask?

Well as I see it. There is no point of making new stuff to people where they cant even get. Try getting that loot from skeletons, ghosts, ghouls and warrior skeletons first. I have already added 4-5 days of gametime to the game. Maybe even more, don't know how fast first people will grasp the new areas.
The lack of balance and testing makes me take a step back.

Conclusion for Whi World developing speed.
So when I started making these patch 0.1.5+ things, I started calculating how long it will take me to simply make pure content with my systems.
I assumed and hoped it will take me 14 scripting days to get out: 5 monsters + boss, 4 new areas, with 4 new small questlike things and around 40 equipment items + boss items
Now the results are: total 15 script days
4 spells - 2 days
28 Items - 4 days
ghoul room - 2 days
ghoul - 1 day
ghost - 1 day
ghost room - 1 day
skeleton - 2 days
skeleton warrior - 0 day (did along with the new items, that monster was ez)
skeleton warrior room - 2 days

Still missing:
8 equipment items + boss items
Mummy
Demon skeleton (boss)
Mummy room
Boss room

Other stuff I did while doing new content:
Drinking game
Helping features
System improvements( action, scaling, explosion)

As you can see, didn't quite hit the mark, but was close. The hard part actually was thinking something unique out of bat. Because all I had written down for this rooted catacombs were monster names xD
I knew overall what I had to do, but I didn't know exactly what to do. If you know what I mean xD

Alright that's that.
What am I going to do next If I'm not going to make new content?
Good question brah. I will tell you what's in my mind: PVP
How will be this PVP presented is not clear yet. Maybe in form an another server, maybe just as an event in Whi World.
I will get back to this though end of this week. Only handful of people know what is the idea right now.

Last edited:
Today made it possible to PvP in Whi World. Definitely not balanced xD
Knights will get soooo rekt.
But how to balance. Will see after some PVP action has gone down.

Next update it will be possible to make 1v1 fights anywhere in map (like in world of warcraft)
You look the player and window will pop up with option to duel.
With duel you place down a banner and in certain radius you can fight. (fighting near monster zones is not recommended)
I will hax in a feature that you get hp back after duel is over. However the only damage you get back is the damage the dueller did for you, not some third party damage.

Also will add 1v1 ranked mode for level 3+ players. It will have set of rules and specific arena to fight on.
Most likely will increase the min level eventually, but not any time soon.
I don't think I will make PvP gear just yet. So for now the ranked will only have leaderboards.

duelling feature is ready :p

If someone wants to try it out with friend already then you gotta let me know and I update live server.

Other than that I will start working on 1v1 ranked system and after that is done, I will update server.

Whi World Arenas.
There will be mode for: 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 and 10v10.

As for now, I will bring out 1v1, because most likely Whi World won't have enough players to even start 2v2 xD

How it works?

Every player has personal "elo" which means ranked standing in points.
All players start with 1000 elo.
When they register to Arena match (modal window option in PVP room) all players wait around 15-120 seconds to find a match. (giving that 2 players wait for same match)
The longer you wait, the more your elo looking radius increases. Which means you might find much better or worse opponents.
Currently its not noobsafe. meaning that if high elo player has been looking for match for 2 minutes and new player joins que. New player most likely will get the pro as opponent. When this would be an issue, then I will do something about it. However I think it wont be issue when more players start playing.

When you win the fight then you will get certain amount of elo from the fight, but no more than 20.
If both players have almost same elo then winner will get 10 elo and looser looses 10 elo.
However if the winner has significantly more elo in first place, then they will get less than 10 elo, (minimum is 1) and as much as they get, the other one looses.
There is a fine formula what will calculate the elo automatically.

As you can see this will cause quite some PVP grinding to even get good elo.
Maybe not that good idea to start with big elo pool and restrict the gain so hard, but would be interesting to see how will it go.

Also there is currently 4 PVP pits (arena fight rooms), So only 4 fights can happen at the same time. The rooms are all different and you will be placed in one of them randomly.

Rewards?

Well I talked about elo already.
Doesn't matter did you win or loose, you will also get Arena points. Obviously you get bonus if you win.
In addition you get extra points the more elo you have (that extra is also modified by the fact did you win or loose)

For now I don't have PVP gear so I had to improvise.
With arena points you can buy any PVE items (which are in the game already)
Although you can only use items bought this way in PVP room.

In future I will replace the arena shop with PVP items and make it so players can take items outside to Whi World.

What you think?

Theoretically I just finished the arena system.
But too tired to test right now.
Tomorrow will do :D

Today I finished up the PVP item system.
Everything is almost ready.

Tomorrow I will put a little more effort into PVP rooms and check some spells again. Seems like some still are not doing PVP damage.
Anyone exited :D?! I am.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.4

Items:
all in-game equipment is possible to buy for arena points in arena room.
BUT they are virtual items what only are equipped when 1v1 game starts. So you can't you use them anywhere else, but in ranked PVP

Damage System:
Now allows to do damage to other players. Which means PVP IS POSSIBLE IN WHI WORLD!!!!

Map:
added PVP room in NPC Smith house basement.

Duelling:

Players can now look other player and choose option: "duel" to challenge other player for 1v1 fight.
When other player accepts, both players automatically enable PVP and can deal damage to eachother.
The rule is that you need to stay in banner radius or you will automatically loose the duel if you run too far. (if you are too far you get warning and you have 5sec to return back to banner radius)
When duel is over. Both players get back their HP they dealt to eachother. (NB! You do not get back damage what was dealt by third party!)

1v1 arena:
Players can register to 1v1 arena in PVP room.
The matchmaker system will automatically pick opponent for you (tries to find similar elo opponents first)
When found, both teams will be teleported to PVP pit where they fight to death.
Winner takes opponent elo.
Both teams will get arena points, which they can use to buy PVP items.

NPC's:
Reminders and hints what NPC's give will now have 60 seconds cooldown before it appears again.

Well, today I'm debating on what to do next.
PVP:

I can't update PVP, because everything I would add now on, would be way out of balance, before testing what I currently have.
Not talking about 2v2,3v3, etc These things I can enable pretty much with 1 word written in config. (2v2 = true) and it will be done xD
Talking about Battlegrounds (idea taken from world of warcraft) + 1 battleground like moba (league of legends).
Each battleground would take 2-7 days to make. So if you want to see any of them added to Whi World. PVP is waiting for testing.
Or some other PVP related systems: highscores, tournaments, etc, etc.

PVE:
There is Mummy room and boss room left to do along with new items and monsters.
However once again, the only thing what is slightly tested are skeletons. Ghouls, Ghosts and Warrior Skeletons have yet to see a living person.
Adding more content would just mean that I add more unbalanced areas.

Although I could do Mummy, because then that guy would be equally unbalanced as the others, but the power should be same like with any other regular monster in rooted catacombs.
But adding boss room is definitely bad idea. Not to mention at this tempo noone will get there.

other in-game stuff:

Well there is 1 thing what is tested weekly by new person.
Tutorial.
I could rework that for 4th time now and make it even more better.
Already have an idea. I will make NPC who walks along with the player who is doing tutorial and NPC wil tell you what to do in this room or why did you fail or whatnot.

Also I think I will break tutorial into 2. Main and Extra.
Main will cover the basics, what every person has to do. How to move, look, use, attack and cast.
Extra will be room with teleports which can be entered into at any time from main city and there you can take tutorial about features I have in game.
and that will talk about ALL features. Because why not. I'm not going to list them all, because I might even have 100 custom features in Whi World.

Although don't get that number into your head. It doesn't mean server is a mess. All those features are sometimes the basic things you do in every server, just improved.
Sometimes the feature is kinda the same thing, but not really. Like upgrading food.
Food in my game is also part of feature. Pretty basic right. It just every food gives different HP and MP and the stacking is well thought.
2nd feature about same thing. You can spice the food with herb to make it add additional effects, the more you spice up the more effects are added (or they scale up).
3rd feature about food again. You can put 2 different ingredients together to make a dish. Now it has some kinda of long buff and gives lot of HP, MP per sec.

And well this is something I could go over in Extra tutorial, what player can skip, but come back to it when they need to.

I will probably move the chicken room to extra too.
However the dummy fight room will stay.

Building: 2 more important features are missing what will make my game special. One of it is possibility to build your own house. However I don't think there is any point to add it just yet, this seems like showoff feature. Currently I don't even have players playing and even if I would have few, they prolly won't bother wasting resources on building a house. Because materials come from grinding monsters and environment.

other stuff:

I am trying to understand OTC.
There is 1 thing I'm already trying for few days now. Customizing the modal windows to be as user friendly as possible.
Right now its like hitting my head into brick wall, but I have high hopes I finally understand how it works and why it works.

Also I could start testing Whi World with OTC and try to make it as playable as possible. If it finally works out, I could add 1 of the first ideas to custom client.
Player only downloads client and presses play button. No registration required. Automatically character is created for you and you can do tutorial with it. If you complete it by killing dummy, then you can create an account in-game. Saves all the hassle messing with webpage, confirming, etc, etc.

Documentation!!
Since I do have way too much features and so hard to find help, Maybe its time to spend week or two to document all what I have in Whi World? Maybe if start reminding people about Whi World features visually and add things to Wiki, people who always felt like, its too complicated to play will give it another chance, because now they can look up things what feel complicated from wiki.

What do you think I should do next?

Last edited:
How will be this PVP presented is not clear yet. Maybe in form an another server, maybe just as an event in Whi World.
I will get back to this though end of this week. Only handful of people know what is the idea right now.
Well this was actually almost 2 weeks, but been a busy week and couldn't bring myself writing the "sad?" post.

What was happening and what was the idea?

I sent out 33 private messages to people who are part of OTLand community and have certain talents/skills what are useful to build a server.
The idea was to make a complete exclusive war server in TFS 1.2 within 2 months.
Every month a new war map opens.
Meanwhile players can practice pvp or pve (in other servers)
First 3 days in war map world-PVP is disabled(Players can only damage eachother when fighting over house plot) and NPC's can't be attacked.
In every 4 days, player has to earn out x amount of experience or they die.
Only source for experience is monsters or NPC's(npc's can be killed)
Monster respawn time is 10-15 minutes.
When in entire zone All monster are killed(zone has 5-10 monsters). Monsters in that zone NEVER respawn back.
When NPC is killed it NEVER respawns back.
Winners of war maps are recorded forever and rewarded with ingame stuff or prize money.
When players log off, their character is replaced with monster. Which can be killed by other players if certain activities has not been met while playing online.
To get immunity for x hours while offline, player has to BUILD a house or BUY a room from NPC(and hope npc wont be killed while they offline)
When character dies offline or online they loose everything and can NEVER join back in the war map where they died.
All experience gained is shared with entire server.
Max team(guild) size is 10.
War map closes when only 1 team or player is left on war map.

Sadly this server won't come out. Did not find enough support to make this server within 2 months.

However making server was not the only purpose I contacted all these people.
The people I contacted are the ones I would have been willing to trust and work with and felt that there is a chance that they would work with me on same project.
From the responses I got or not got at all trimmed the list quite a lot.
I was surprised actually that some people answered at all, because one person in particular have not made any posts for months if not year?, but found time to replay to my message.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say that I personally gained valuable information about people who are going to change the OTLand or with who I am going to change OTLand.
This was my 2nd project idea and I'm certain it wont be the last one. Perhaps next time I contact with idea, I have a budget to fill the missing positions.

People who did not get my message, but would of liked to know of such movement, message me. Perhaps I tag you along for the next ride if I think you would be wanted.

What is going to happen with the war server idea?

I will turn it into Whi World event.

The fact we stopped posting new stuff doesn't mean that we stopped watching. Otland don't need our miracles now.
People need to learn to get their shit together and fix the code themselves when it's outdated instead of begging for spoonfeed.
Gods give people what they need, not what they want.

Today fixed all the PVP bugs.
Added free for all room and improved few more features about PVP window.

Started working on new tutorial.

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.4.1

Items:
Fixed bug where you could pick up the PVP spear from PVP room.
Fixed bug where you could not put special bags in depot.
Fixed bug where you couldn't see your player stats when chivit boots were equipped.

Skilltree:
Fixed liquid fire talent. Now its considered as player proc damage. Which means it will no longer deal full damage to other players.

Map:
added PVP room in NPC Smith house basement.

Spells:
Mend:
Area directions are correct now.
Imp: trying another fix to make sure IMP follows you and won't change the follow target..
Spark: Fixed bug where spell was not cast when the spell area reached to non-existent tile.
Death: Fixed bug where spell was not cast when the spell area reached to non-existent tile.

1v1 arena:
Fixed bug where PVP maps were not unlocked even after the fight was over.
fixed bug where elo was not removed when loosing a ranked match.

PVP:
added FREE FOR ALL PVP ZONE!!

Wow man, i really would like to join, giving help, but i can't.
ill be waiting to play it. your project is one of the most creatives that i've seen.

NPCs can be killed by both? players and monsters?

Back