• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Whi World - Open Source Server with Configurable Features

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.9

Gems:
NPC Smith gem information is improved.
death gem: Now gives correct information what does it do when looking the gem effect on shield.
physical gem: Shield effect now is working correctly.

Other:
Eeeh, good enuf:
Fixed bug where anything over 50% chance was considered as 100%
Seekers: Added 2 new secrets to the game for map explorers.
Don't burn this: I do not advice you to test what burns in fire.
Open doors: You can now pass hardcore doors if you died with HC protection. (pvp areas, boss protection)

Improved Monster AI again

Class Passives:
Both mage and druid:
Your resistance values are increased by 25%
Is now rounded upwards. Meaning that extra 0.01% resistance is considered as 1%
Hunter: Yep you now have passives :p
- You deal 50% less damage with weapons in close range
- Your distance skill increases ranged weapon maximum by 5
- Your weapon skill increases ranged weapon minimum damage by 5

Challenge event:
Challenge rooms get cleared when you enter them.
Challenge bonus time for each wave is no longer increased beyond wave 10
Reworked Gem Bag - more balanced gem rewards.

Skill Tree:
Dark Powers: Changed name to: Elemental Powers.
New talent effect: "non spell elemental damage is increased by X%"
Weapon Scabbard: No longer gives infinite amount of cap

NPC's:
Improved the town chatting.
They no longer spam same thing so frequently.
Overall less chat spam.

Npc's are now again capable of following targets.

Items:
Fixed bug where sometimes applying item effect came before taking off previous item. (TFS plz)
Which caused some bonuses not to activate.
Nerfed several items which broke the game balance when used correctly.

Spears and arrows can no longer be upgraded with gems.
Speedzy Legs: Fixed bug where sometimes you character speed got doubled for 4 seconds when getting healed.
Thunder Book: Increased Spell damage from 10% to 20%
Expedition bag/backpack name changed to Leather bag/backpack
Rabbit's foot
changed to Rabbit Paw
Torch:
This item now lasts forever. (doesn't burn out)
All the tools: Combining broken tool with new one, no longer breaks the new one.
Token bag: no longer deletes bag bonuses when you turn it into token bag

Quests:
Improved Cyclops Sabotage Quest.
new quest added: Cursed Bear
infq89.jpg
rh75ep.jpg

PVP: (player vs player)
Free For All (now on called FFA) room heals you fully up when you enter the PVP area.

When you die In any PVP room you do not loose anything (expect ranking points if you do ranked matches)

Dieing in FFA Room will teleport right above you to the spectator area.

You can enter PVP room with bag now, but you can't bring any food with you.

You no longer can die in duels. (hopefully xD)

Potions:
Tier 1 Mage Potion:
Now deals area damage according to your character strength
Flash Potion: Fixed bug where certain item combinations caused your character attack speed to be negative value (which in game terms is: don't attack at all)
Tier 1 Druid Potion: No longer costs health to cast a spell if don't have enough mana in first place.

Brewing:
I refactored the herb system again, which is the main base for all the other herb related features.
This will fix several few bugs what I had.
Also added few more things what makes herb gathering easier or more understandable.

Did not fix yet:
Cyclops refuses to throw stone at Imp - I was not able to fix it as it is now. This fix will come with new monster AI and spellCreating System.

Bug report: "Loot Bag and item was not sent to depot and just simply vanished" - However I tried to break my code I was not able to reproduce such a situation.

Last edited:
Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.6.9 HOTFIX

Other:
Easy critical:
Fixed bug where critical hit chance was reversed (having 1 % crit chance meant 99% xD)
wut iz diz crap: Fixed bug where monster herbs and some herbs on map were not updated correctly with the new herb system I added
online time: I reset the online time and now It is being calculated in second accuracy, TFS online time can't be trusted :/

Player Panel:
Buff duration:
It will show how long food and potions last on you.

Skill Tree:
Crushing Strength: Damage multiplier for each talent is reduced to [3] from [10]

PVP:
Duelling has been disabled. Go to PVP room if you want to fight.

Map:
Added new quest area to map. Currently it is closed for players.

O boy, I haven't made much of progress with the new content.
Mainly I have been organizing my scripts again.

The "questSystem" I created last patch is taking over practically everything xD (renamed it into 'central')
This is going to change how data folders will look like.
Currently I have the old data folders what I can't delete without source edits and several new ones.​
If something amazing comes out of this thread: https://otland.net/threads/lua-xml-get-finaly-rid-of-xml.242867/, I will probably go with the flow and shake off the entire TFS data folder organizing structure.

That's enough about complicated stuff.
I am considering not to patch server this week, because I won't be able to add in the new quest. Thinking of interesting quest out of blue is rather exhausting xD
Almost finished scripting the new area though, so it would be fun to explore it none the less.

However people still popping in and out giving suggestions and reporting bugs, so I might still update server to do add in the suggestions/bug fixes and things I have done so far.

After I have finished up coding bandit mission and the new area map stuff I start with suggestions and bugs.
If there is interest to see them right away I will patch server, else I hold onto updates until the new quest is also completed.

New patch is just around the corner.
Tomorrow going to rework all the stone upgrades I have in game and then new patch ready.

Nice new load of 40 improvements and bug fixes will be brought and new mission and area!!
This is first mission in Whi World where you have to choose how to complete it.
Depending on your option, the story you receive in Bandit Mountain will split in 2 (for now) (well 3, but only the third option if you are really evul)

And seems like people like searching for secrets (yet none has been found xD)
Well I added 3 more to the bunch, gl :p

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7

Spells:
throwaxe:
Throwaxe formula changed, mainly boosted by distance skill now
Spark and Death: minimum damage changed from (75 + L*5 + mL*17 - sLw*7 - sLs*4) to (75 + L*5 + mL*17 - sLw*34 - sLs*6)
Spark and Death:
maximum damage changed from (75 + L*10 + mL*25 - sLw*11 - sLs*5) to (75 + L*10 + mL*25 - sLw*45 - sLs*9)
Spark and Death:
mana cost is increased by 2 for each improvement instead of 1.
Spark and Death: cooldown is increased by 1 sec for every 3rd improvement done for spell
Poison: poison now works on all weapons. and the stacking damage is staged instead of linear growth. Basically first stacks deal more damage than, but decline the more stacks you have.
fakedeath: You can no longer deal damage with weapons while faking death
volley: You now also need bow to shoot arrows xD

Monsters:
Almost every monster resistances has been changed.
Mainly increased energy resistance and reduced poison resistance.
Skeletons: Bones they generate by exploding last 3 times longer.
Bandit Ambush: You no longer get ambushed if the previous ambush has not been killed or lured away. (noticed new players have troubles killing them and the trouble stacks up every time xD)
Cursed Bear: Fixed bug where cursed bear didn't drop loot.

Skill Tree:
Distance Skill is now applied correctly, when spending points on distance powers.
Fixed bug where in certain situations you could remove skills 1 by 1 from lower tier powers while having higher tier powers activated.
Archery: chance to shoot double arrow for each talent point spent is now 2% instead of 3%
Scabbard: now bonus cap also works after reloging

PVP:
Disabled ranked PVP and PVP items

Other:
crap:
Fixed bug where some chests gave old herbs what were not useable
freeTP: I temporarily added teleport to rooted catacombs in Forgotten Village. It will last until the skeleton lags are fixed (when you try to run past all of them into catacombs)

player panel:
Online time has been reset again. Had few issues with that..

Items:
Loot bag:
No longer eats item if the charges were restored in depot (and if you placed something inside it)
Vial of water: Now you can't spill stacked vial of waters.
Traptrix coat: Fixed bug where your own traps did no damage you.

Upgrade Stones
:

Reworked entire upgrade stone system.
You have to start collecting stones again, or bring old item to me and I take stones out.

Missions:
Vocation Potion Mission:
is fixed again.
Bandit Mail Mission: new mission in bandit Mountain given by Peeter

Map:
Equipment items hidden around map now can have random stats.
Several map bug fixes has been done.
Forest Mystery area: new area

Map piece again has been taken from Ascalon server, I have simply modified it to fit Whi World and scripted the area.

POST 1 IS UPDATED

Been pretty busy to update it, but here it is :p
A little bigger latest update list than usually xD

Meanwhile after the patch haven't done anything for Whi World (expect playing it)

Doing scripts for another server atm.
But you know me, when something gets updated in Whi World, I let you know :D

Whi World PATCH 0.1.5.7.1

new stat:
miss chance:
when using projectiles, player will have 10% chance to miss it
by default miss chance is increased for each defense value player has.
miss chance is also increased for each player level.
But its reduced for each distance skill level.​

Monsters:
Bandit Mountain Bandits:
Reduced herb drop chance from 7% to 5%
Hehemi Bandits: Reduced iron hammer drop chance from 15% to 11% (also fixed the herbs they drop)

Skill Tree:
Thunderstruck: new formula: weapon min dam + mL*8 + wL*12 / (11 - stack)

Other:
terms:
renamed sLd to dL, sLw to wL, sLs to sL
sL = shielding level
wL = weapon level
dL = distance level

player panel:
online time:
Fixed bug where online time did not go past 1hour 39min, 59 sec

Upgrade Stones
:

Stones are now removed correctly on death.

Missions:
Bandit Mail Mission:
The area no longer gets blocked forever if you die in this mission.
Ghould mission: Now requires 8 items instead of 12

Like I have mentioned before, the next patches will be small ones if anything.
Going trough my data folder and reorganizing areas, quests and mission related codes so that in future its easier to know where to write new codes and fix problems.

Today I finished with forgotten village scripts and forest area scripts + forest spirit quest.
next up: cyclops dungeon area and 2 quests in there.

Today I finished with Cyclops Dungeon area and 2 quests in there. + boss room + reworked token bags (dw once upon login your tokens bags will be automatically updated, this time I was not that lazy to script it xD)
Also forgot to add monsters to previous areas, so did that too.

datapack is starting to look pretty neat :p and with that some minor quality improvements have be done to quests too.
next up: bandit Mountain

Meanwhile in Whi World. Another person completed patch 0.1.5
Deam this patch is getting record number players completing my beta xD

(I don't include myself)
Patch 0.1.1 (1 person)
patch 0.1.2 (1 person)
Patch 0.1.3 (1 person)
Patch 0.1.4 (nobody)
Patch 0.1.5 (5 people) -- even though patch is not finished, missing mummy and boss, but have been missing them for like 6 months now?

no patch this weekend. But update on website.

Last edited:
Yesterday finished organizing Bandit mountain and few quest and missions regarding that area.
Also a small step back with organizing, I decided to split areas into smaller regions, which means I had to go back to other areas and update these as well.
Today going to finish up Bandit Mountain and move onto to less scripted areas like Hehemi and Rooted Catacombs.

Yesterday finished organizing Bandit mountain and few quest and missions regarding that area.
Also a small step back with organizing, I decided to split areas into smaller regions, which means I had to go back to other areas and update these as well.
Today going to finish up Bandit Mountain and move onto to less scripted areas like Hehemi and Rooted Catacombs.

Can't wait for the bandit mountain patch :p

Can't wait for the bandit mountain patch :p
What do you mean? Its already done. Patch 0.1.5.7
Currently I'm just reorganizing every bit of code I have regarding map, missions and quests. This will allow me to build content much faster and in organized fashion.
Even though fixing problems hasn't been problem, but this new organising method will guarantee it will stay easy if the quest/mission amount reaches to hundreds instead of handful I currently have on live server.

Hehemi area is finished.
Once again went trough all previous areas and improved them all even more and started up with rooted catacombs

3 more areas to finish:
rooted catacombs - will take some time, but its not heavily scripted and it somewhat has an old areaConfig system version as blueprint, which should make it easier.
starting area - only secrets in this area, so that will go fast.
tutorial area - will take some time, it is most scripted area after all, however it was already quite well designed so it shouldn't be that hard to convert to new central system.

Now that over half of the data pack is converted to use central system I can see it all was worth it.
I have said that the reason why I do this, but I think I haven't said what does it do.
Basically when I start up my server, all the central configuration tables get processed.
Depending on configurations it will generate/register to correct places (I no longer create scripts under onUse or onStepIn, etc. It will automatically put/create the scripts in correct place)
I no longer register objects separately in actions.xml, movements.xml, etc. (i still use it but it looks like this: fromAid="xx" toAid="xx") thx to improved lua documentation there is no problems by making toAid to register 1000 extra aid spots which may not even exist in game atm.
I can do less systematic things on RME(create item text, add actionID's, add unique ID's, or not even make objects) and let central system to manipulate, create or remove objects at startUp at once.
I did notice, it takes several seconds more to start up server, but not sure I should be worried about server startUp speed. It does go trough over 10000 tiles, creates scripts, moves things around, etc.

Anyway this was just quick overview of what did this new reorganizing brought to my project. After all, I'm not just creating Whi World, I'm creating game creator where the first product is Whi World.

It seems bugged
You still haven't said what seems bugged. I can't improve or fix something so vague, I need some more details.

Deam, you don't believe what just happened today. Wont gona talk about either. hue. Ppl from closed circles can only know what happened and when they read this comment. They understand.
Ha :D

Also since I'm high. I will tell you where I'm at with Whi World.
heh. deam went do deep. deleted 30mins of text xD

Aight easier topic. where im at with scripts.
Finished first room in Rooted catacombs.
Skeleton warriors
Changed the "bless hunt" into quest. this new central system, is taking care of the quest generation.
It worked perfectly. ~6hours and entire skeleton warrior scripts were generated trough 1 file with quite decent configuration table :D

PS, if someone knows already about bone mission and how to complete it. Then i just reworked it too. tested this morning :p
its also now in mission log, because what do you know.. central system can do it :D

wait a sec, I just realized I have been writing this post for 1 hour and in silence..
Going to turn music up with Steelseries, if you get my reference then lets take drink together.

woot, music. idk why i chose chillout, but well, its nice chill feel. This was the Alfa afterall. :rolleyes:

hue, next song waked me up xD, house chill got my feelz.

Ok hmm, where was i?

Ah yea, Skeleton warrior room is ready.
next up ghost room.
the statue quest more easier, npc's start helping how to do the quest alone. I'm still trying RPG here xD, instead of making gamer easier I will make AI teach how to play a bit harder RPG what requires actual skill to play.
Like league of legends, but PVE, mysteries with the same PVP xD (idk sry I think 1v1 Pvp must last at least 10min, before your hp runs down)
next set of items will try to make pvp just like that, but these items you get trough pve (must have challenges to where you get to use the items/spells, but you can take it to pvp when you complete specific quest) Aka just like any other game xD
woo Cloudline started. Time to trip out with mind!

Oi mis siin toimub, see postitus lendab laiva haha, liiga real. Peaks foldima aga siis selline tunne et keegi saab üle. Mis arvad?
kek, did proof reading my own. Still sux thx. yes. even you.

Today finished with ghost room.
Nerfed and buffed ghosts a little. They no longer stop you from moving (most of the time), but I did increase their damage.
Npc know a little more about ghost room (well before they didn't know anything xD)
The statue "puzzle" is turned into quest and now a lot harder.

next up ghoul room.

Today finished with ghoul room.
No idea did I increase the performance how the puzzle will work, but it sure looks better now.
Completing puzzles will complete the ghoul quest you get when you enter the room.
Npc's will help you if you don't know how puzzles work. (incase you didn't figure it out your own)
Also now when you enter rooted catacombs you get skillpoint and unlock the shortcut. (the temporar shortcut in smith house will remain)
This concludes the rooted catacomb scripts.

next up setting up boss rooms and recreating boss system.
I have 4 different boss related configuration tables and the functions themselves are scattered around the datapack. (right now counted 12 different files)
The goal is to convert it all into 1 config table, rework all functions and put them in 1 file.
Then I can organize all the bosses and bossrooms into central system.

Not sure will I work on them this weekend. Its quite a large task too, will c. Either way I will be back and grinding scripts on Monday.

Back