• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Will you play on Real RPG Tibia Server 8.6 (Will be updated bit by bit)?

Will you play on Real RPG 8.6?

• Yes, great idea!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No, 8.6 again?

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Potar

SocialWorld
Senator
Reaction score
Hello everone, I'm working on my project from 7 months already (showoff theard soon).

I would like to find out about Real RPG server, How do you think?

Will players play on real rpg server which is not that easy as all of OT tibia servers.

I'm trying to make a full copy of tibia from 8.60 (then if we finish, server will be updated bit by bit from client to client) including Achievements.

Quests will be the same like on Real Tibia, for exaple if you want to start Wrath of Emparor Quest you have to finish Children of the Revolution Quest, The Ape City Quest - mission 9 started and The New Frontier Quest - received Mortal Kombat mission first, then you will be able to make quest.

We were working on map beetween last 4 months, to make sure every single detail, sign and spawn is correct with the original one.

Project is still in progress (I think it will took at least 3 months to finish and test everything).

I started map tracking from 8.60, so I do not have the real map before 8.60 update.

And I think people will be playing from 8.60 instead of ~~8.00 times with updates.

but why not stay at 8.60 + add own events if you say people will play 8.60 why they should play further clients

As I said, I had some Real Tibia Servers, only Fun One with lot of Events (typical "High Rate Real, nothing special"), so I do not wanna add anything what wasn't in real tibia, It is a cipsoft-copy project.

Stay with 8.60, I wasnt thinkg about this but server will be updated from month to month (not for example form 8.6 to 9.6) steb by step, client by client to make sure that everything will be perfect because there is a lot of work with it.

Your #1 problem.... Real map. No wonder theres no good server, because it seems like EVERYBODY thinks making a RL map is the answer.

RL Map is usually the easiest ot to make. (In certain situations ofc) but its way better to make something custom. Custom servs requires more time to draw many players but its for sure worth it

RL Map is usually the easiest ot to make. (In certain situations ofc) but its way better to make something custom. Custom servs requires more time to draw many players but its for sure worth it
Exactly, Its so irritating to see somebody say come join my "Custom" RL Server. That is not custom there is nothing you can really do to make that a Custom ot...Kind of a slap in the face to the people who actually make real custom servers

Only way they could make a real map 'custom' is to redo the entire map which would take a while.

First of all please do not start conversation about custom servers, I had lot of them, opened them with successfull since 2008, known as oraculum, denera, exodis, had like 400 players online on Custom RPG Map, not even tp. and real map places, so please do not speak about custom OT on this theard.

I made this theard to know your opinion about Real Tibia Quest system and other difficulties for players as I said.

There is no longer anything difficult about Tibia's original quests, they've been done so many times that most people can do them with there eyes closed.
-Wiki mostly destroyed this area.

Ontop of that, 8.6 realmaps are mostly made for war'ing, people play them because they can use Elfbot, I doubt they would want to fuck around doing Children of the revolution then Wrath of the Emperor just to gain access into Zao, but who knows, maybe there are, maybe all those war teams suddenly want to do some RPGing, lol.

I'd have to agree with Amusement.
Most people play 8.6 servers because you can bot with Elfbot. If you want a 8.6 RL Map server that is Fun and Interesting here is what you do:
Have ALL the same quests, but delete EVERYTHING behind the quest door and re-map it and maybe add some new exciting challenges, So each quest is new and exciting, but 8.6 botters can still use their elfbot scripts in all their familiar spawns.

Example would be, you go down to Fibula Dungeon, and it is perfect 8.6 RL Map copy, UNTIL you open the level door and walk through, after that it is re-mapped and re-done so it is a new experience to complete Fibula Dungeon Quest.

This is a TON of work which is why I never did it, I started to... but after finishing Rookguard and starting on Thais I realized how many quests tibia actually has lol.

@Flatlander

As I said, it is a lot of work but we have finished lots already, so I just wonder about Full RPG of Real Map ;)

RPG is all about adventure and exploration and finding new things and being excited about what you can achieve.
In Tibia 8.6 Real Map (If you copy Cipsoft exactly) everything has already been explored, and achieved, there is nothing new.

Yeah you are right, but I've never seen a similar server, and I wonder if people will play on it, where they have to do quest by quest, thats why am I saying RPG.

I agree with Flatlander here. How can a 8.60 Real Map be exciting? Look on otservlist, there's thousands of them. People already explored everything there is to explore. If people want to play a "complete" real map they'll just play shadowcores.

@Synthetic_

"complete" real map - shadowcores is not complete real map and it is for newest tibia .

I just wonder if players want to play on old style 8.60 including all quests same as on real tibia with same requirements.

@Synthetic_

"complete" real map - shadowcores is not complete real map and it is for newest tibia .

I just wonder if players want to play on old style 8.60 including all quests same as on real tibia with same requirements.

You almost have it finished, there is no reason to stop. You will get some players, that is for sure, but don't expect to put Shadowcores out of business, most players are looking for other OT Types.

First of all please do not start conversation about custom servers, I had lot of them, opened them with successfull since 2008, known as oraculum, denera, exodis, had like 400 players online on Custom RPG Map, not even tp. and real map places, so please do not speak about custom OT on this theard.

I made this theard to know your opinion about Real Tibia Quest system and other difficulties for players as I said.
Then why the FUCK would you do a Real Tibia server? That is like Justin from Goobers making his completely custom server then going and making a Real tibia server.....everyone who he impressed over the years would be completely disappointed and feel that he took the easy way out. So, if you really made servers like that before why would you make this? I am kinda in disbelief

Back