• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows 7 - Should I get it?

Delirium

OTLand veteran
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello.

I have windows xp, service pack 2 at the moment. Should I download Windows 7? Is there anyway to keep my old files when I install the new OS and are all programs supported by this OS?

Please give me an answer, thanks in advance.

Yours,
KuGaSh1rA.

Last edited:
Thanks for creating this thread, i got same thoughts about getting this OS.

Yeah I think its better then xp. Put your files on a storagedevice then format your computer then install windows 7, then put the files back.

Not all programs are supported yet. Some old programs... However there is a windows Xp modus in windows 7, then it should be supported, I didn't try it.

On my laptop(Crappy Acer) I had always trouble with finding audio and wireless drivers.. When I installed windows 7 it worked directly o_O.

Master-M, your words about Windows 7 is kinda good. Have you found any problems with it yet? Can you tell us more about your laptop I mean its devices, processor, graphic cars etc.

Thanks in advance!:)

the biggest thing is that it dosnt support all programs yet, i think you should wait.

It doesnt support PunkBuster, from what Ive heard, so games like Call of Duty, Enemy Territory will not work.

But, I found it a great OS, before had XP, its performance is just great, also launch bar and other visual things are a big plus.

It gets drivers for your PC itself, so you dont have to worry about them.

If you have enough RAM, Id say 2 GB, cause system after installation is taking about 700 mb, get it.

2w4dyr6.jpg

With all my programs closed... ^^
Got DDR2-800.

Iv got pretty sucky computer so my question is, is my computer capable of this OS?

Processor: AMD Sempron processor 3400+ 1.8GHz
Ram memory: 512 DDR II
HDD: 160 GB
Graphic card: nVidia GeForce 6100

Iv got pretty sucky computer so my question is, is my computer capable of this OS?

Processor: AMD Sempron processor 3400+ 1.8GHz
Ram memory: 512 DDR II
HDD: 160 GB
Graphic card: nVidia GeForce 6100

I'd say no. You wont be able to play games cause of your RAM, system will eat it. XP is much more faster than W7 will be on your machine.

Okey, so tell me what i need to upgrade in that information to be able to use W7 :p More Ram memory, new processor will be brought. 2k ram and 2.5 GHz Dual processor, is it enough to get the OS working without problems?

IMPORTANT: The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start. To avoid interruption, you'll need to rebuild your test machine using a valid version of Windows before the software expires. You'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data. (To learn more, see Frequently asked questions.)

That's stupid.

Okey, so tell me what i need to upgrade in that information to be able to use W7 :p More Ram memory, new processor will be brought. 2k ram and 2.5 GHz Dual processor, is it enough to get the OS working without problems?

Yea, that would fit. Im using it on my laptop which is 3GB ram and dual 2.0.

That's stupid.

Well, enjoy almost one-year-free windows. And probably someone will crack/hack it... as usual :p

I've also had thoughts about getting windows 7.
But a question to you guys who tried it, Will all your computer files disappear, and you have to start over again ?

Back