• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Windows to Linux

Gurrha

Reaction score
Hello i been woring on a server on my windows computer and make surce evrything works fine before it will go online! but i got an problem now...

im running 0.3.6pl1 on windows and also on linux i compiled it also.

the thing is that when i run it at windows its bug free as fast as i start it on linux i get errors that i cant find monsters that do exist

Error

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "data/monster/Elves/captain sniper.xml"
[Warning - Monsters::loadMoster] Cannot load monster (captain sniper) file (data/monster/Elves/captain sniper.xml).
Info: failed to load external entity "data/monster/elves/captain sniper.xml"

[Spawn::addMonster] Cannot find "Captain Sniper"

thats 1 of the monsters that gets bugged but its like 10 monsters that get bugged the rest works!

Rep to the one that can help me!

Last edited:
i found the problem!
and it was the sensitvity of works in monster.xml and the names on the files

[Warning - Monsters::loadMoster] Cannot load monster (captain sniper) file (data/monster/Elves/captain sniper.xml).
it exist but! the name was Captain Sniper change to captain sniper and fixed!

Its 'cuz linux is CaseSensitive. You need to change everything to Captain Sniper or captain sniper, you need to have your monsters.xml same as the monster.xml

Back