• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wireless with linux

nimedon

Reaction score
Hello, I just installed Ubuntu Server, the last relase, but I just don't know how to connect to internet with my wireless card, I belive Ubuntu detect it, but what command do I have to run to connect?

thx

iwlist scan - This is to see the netowrks in range.
iwconfig ethX essid <netwokrname> - The name of your netowrk.
iwconfig ethX key <the key> - The key to your netwrok.

dhclient ethX - To start the wireless on ethX.

ethX is the netorwk connection. Change this to your wireless one. You see it with ifconfig.

Ok, done =P thnx, but now I'm trying to install Samba, but I don't know how to edit the smb.conf, I search on google about editing files, and I found the comand nano, but when I'm trying to use it, it tell me that the comand wasn't found, do anyone know any other way to edit this file? I opened it and edited with the command "sudo iv /home/etc/samba" but I don't know how to save it :p, can anyone help me? thx!

Tukotih Doji said:
Cato said:
You have nano. Samba config should be located in /etc/samba/.
Then do nano /etc/samba/smb.conf, vi sucks..

I dont understand a goo of what you are talking about but it seems to sense...

Nano is a text editor in linux.
Samba is a SMB server. It is used to share files and printer and so on via computers.
"nano /etc/samba/smb.conf" will open the samba config file inside nano text editor.

Back