• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another teaser:

https://imgur.com/LdYq5xT

A bigger game screen.

Bigger screens are great, but you need to keep in mind of the people using smaller screens. While having a 30x20 screen looks nice in 1080p, it will have the edges cut off, and thus removing a ton of stuff which is visible on your screen but not theirs. Unless you have the screen scale like Cip's client does then clipping won't occur but will then make the in-game screen difficult to read / play, but I haven't seen anyone do that.
Another issue which may arise is the amount of framerate drops which will occur in areas with a ton of lighting and people with extremely low end PCs will seriously suffer. Players on Necronia have experienced this and we narrowed it down to a bunch of animations and lighting being played in essentially the entire screen. You may think it won't be that bad with a high end pc playing at 700+ fps where a few drops in 10-20 fps will mean nothing, however, someone playing at 30 fps normally will drop down to 10 in that same area and makes the client effectively a slideshow and not a game.

Your progress on the project is pretty great and shows you want to push what's possible within the Tibia realm, but you need to sometimes step back and consider how the players will be impacted by such decisions. For instance, always assume people playing Tibia, at worst, have awful PCs, are clueless, and are pretty bad at the game. You may not have this issue currently, but always have it in mind when you're making new content and or are pushing new ideas.

*Edit
I was reminded that OTC is able to do control+. (dot) and control+- (dash) which makes your screen automatically resize to your screen and such. My point about the screen becoming clustered and hard to read remains true.

Last edited:
We'll see if we notice an amount of complaints on the beta.

New dragon spawn added to the server!
(bigger than the ones previously seen in the BETA)
siMEvTm.png

Also introducing the Sandspout Dragon to Therran :)
YbrHqD2.png

Regards
8Ware

STREAM IS OFFLINE!

Streaming at 22:00 (SWEDISH TIME!)

http://www.twitch.tv/vuhdulive

I will be playing the server, starting at level 8 and doing a few missions/quests and showing you guys around.

Edit: 2 hours from this post will the stream start

Last edited:
Stream done for today, thanks everyone that watched! We had some fun times. Next time maybe I'll join in on the gameplay fun. Who knows :)

VOD will be posted tomorrow when it has been uploaded to youtube for everyone that missed the stream!

Server BETA will start at SUNDAY 15th NOVEMBER

And here is the livestream for everyone that missed it. Just skip a few minutes at the beginning until it starts.

nice! waiting. All people who like custom-ot with fully new map just join! That server is epic, its not just server with custom map, its tibia with sounds!

Probably your connection, he streams in HD, might be that :p
I have some small lags, but nothing big when watching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back