• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

World of Therran BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it from the massive response that it's a good idea. ;D

Server BETA will start at SUNDAY 15th NOVEMBER

And here is the livestream for everyone that missed it. Just skip a few minutes at the beginning until it starts.

put it in advertisement if u want more response
im looking forward to play it :=)

Hey guys,
I'm resurrecting this thread to discuss our server again.

And I'm going to announce that the server will enter a short period of closed beta before it opens up for real. A few people will be picked to test our new stuff. Once we are done with the closed beta, the server is planned to go up live for real.

So yeah. Hype. xd

There won't be a "new" skill system in the sense that it has a complete redesign. It will be similar with some tweaked numbers and restrictions.

For the closed beta? No, but it will be an internal testing phase with the developers and some dedicated players, and how long that beta runs depends on how much time we need. If the beta runs flawlessly then there probably wont be long until it goes live.

qPqooGZ.png

Slow progress atm due to IRL stuff, but expecting to pick up activity soon.
I wish that we could work a bit faster/more. Though the current situation require of us to be patient, even though it hurts (for some more literally than others ;)).

So we have finally gotten around to do changes to the skill system!

We have decided to use the skills to unlock spells instead of using levels/magic levels.
This forces all vocations to build depending on what they want to focus on.
While core spells are unlocked by progressing in the main skills the player will have to choose between the other skills to be able to unlock different kinds of skills.
For example:
Sorcerer and Druid will unlock most of their runes by skilling their magic. But to be able to use strike spells they need to advance their other skills. They can also choose if they want to focus on a certain element; ice and earth for druid, energy and fire for sorcerer. By making it possible to focus on different things you can customize your character after your needs.
With this we can roughly decide how powerful the player is in a certain level which we think will give a more balanced gameplay.
We have calculated it as such so that Knights and Paladins have all their spells at around level 155 while Druid and Sorcerer have all their spells at level 200. This due to the huge amount of spells those two vocations have.

Due to these major changes we will need to test them. When we have decided how/when/where we will give more information about that matter. :)

Until then, we'll try to give more updates about the project. We're currently mostly busy and have been for the last few weeks. But we hope to get more active soon.

Regards
8Ware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back