• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Would this be possible?

Guiaki

Reaction score
Hello, I have thinked of this several times but never found an awnser, for me this is not possible but there are some ways to do it, the topic is:
Is possible to have multiple players in the same map without they really be in the same map?
like this:
I have an area of 20x20 sqm, lets call it MxAREA, in that area there are monsters and chests, I have a npc to get a player there, and if a player is already there, the "system" would make a new MxAREA where the player who request the teleport would be there alone even tho a player is already making that quest.

if you don't understand by that here is another exemple:
Have multiple teams doing anihilator quest but not seeing each other and not been able to help another team, but in the same spot of the map.

Possible solutions:

**Make like 200 MxAREA, if one is occupied teleport the player/team to another one.

PROS:
it is a possibility

CONS:
large map used unnecessary
if you wish to make a change in the MxAREA you will have to copy that change and paste in all the 200 other ones
players who had that part of the map discovered will have to discover it again

-----

thats the only solution i came up with, please can someone else help me with possibilities to do it? x-x

//Guiaki

Nothing is impossible, however, in a situation like this, you would need to hire a super-programmer and really alter the client, hell, I don't even think this is possible with a C++ client.

However, the most simple way to do it is the way you explained in your post.
You could just make multiple parts of the same map and check if the area is being occupied, if it is, then move to the next area and check, keep doing this until there's an open spot.
Then if there's no open spot, then just notify them that they must wait for their turn. This is probably the most simplest way to do it.

Is the most simplest, but it will make it all more complicated for the ot type i want to make :x, but just think about it, if you have to edit a single part in the map you will have to repeat the same to another x areas ;/ that sucks too much, i really wanted another way x-x

bumping, sorry someone else can help me? x-x i really need this, i haven't figured out any other way ;x

I got another idea, but I have to know if it is possible to have a function that makes monster/players invisible to someone like, doSetCreatureInvisible(cid,playerid), is there anyway to make a player completly vanish like god /ghost?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back