• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Xampp . How to make a backup?

If you mean backup of db's there are some programms out in web. Just search ;)

To make a backup of a database with xampp:
  1. Open up phpMyAdmin
  2. Choose your table that you want to backup
  3. In the menu over the listed tables; push EXPORT
  4. Then choose, at your left, which tables you want to include. Default = all.
Thats it!

To make a backup of a database with xampp:
  1. Open up phpMyAdmin
  2. Choose your table that you want to backup
  3. In the menu over the listed tables; push EXPORT
  4. Then choose, at your left, which tables you want to include. Default = all.
Thats it!
I wouldn't do that in Open Tibia servers, unless you know how to fix sql errors. Sometimes the database will have many errors, and if you export it, you won't be able to import it if xampp detect problems. You can import it by "brute force" using dos command.

The easiest way I see to make backups is to make a copy of the data folder. C:/Xampp/mysql and there you find a folder called data. To apply an old update, just replace current data folder for another one you copied certain time ago.

@up Jesters suggestion is approved, it gives the best results. Trust me.

Been having lots of errors using the regular export backup.

By taking backup of the whole data folder, will also help you resetting phpmyadmin password to an earlier date.
Which is good, if you get hacked, and the hacker changes password to your root, it will be very bothersome getting the password back, then its easiest to just replace the old data folder and you can use your old phpmyadmin password, and for an example copy the database for your OT on your hacked phpmyadmin if the hacker havent touched the database, if you want the server database to be up to date.

Just to be on the safe side, I always keep an old copy of the whole xampp/mysql folder, just in case.

@up Jesters suggestion is approved, it gives the best results. Trust me.

Been having lots of errors using the regular export backup.

By taking backup of the whole data folder, will also help you resetting phpmyadmin password to an earlier date.
Which is good, if you get hacked, and the hacker changes password to your root, it will be very bothersome getting the password back, then its easiest to just replace the old data folder and you can use your old phpmyadmin password, and for an example copy the database for your OT on your hacked phpmyadmin if the hacker havent touched the database, if you want the server database to be up to date.

Just to be on the safe side, I always keep an old copy of the whole xampp/mysql folder, just in case.

I just did that and when I execute TFS Im getting this:

PHP:
[19/11/2008 13:16:49] >> Loading config (config.lua)
[19/11/2008 13:16:49] > Using plaintext passwords
[19/11/2008 13:16:49] >> Loading RSA key
[19/11/2008 13:16:49] >> Starting SQL connection
[19/11/2008 13:16:49] >> Running Database Manager

[19/11/2008 13:16:49] > ERROR: The database you specified in config.lua is empty, please import schema.<dbengine> to the database (if you are using MySQL, please read doc/MYSQL_HELP for more information).

Back