• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

XPRIMEX's Spriting Corner

http://otland.net/f61/athera-online-172815/
Searching for a team in ot forum and says totally different game xDD
Buddy.... what the hell is your problem? My work has been copied, period. Is it illegal to advertise jobs for my CUSTOM game, custom engine, custom everything?
Ok i understand that, you are not being flamed, only told to lighten up. I respect your effort you put behind and then someone comes and rips your hard work. I understand how you feel bro. I respect you as a spriter and don't at all intend to persecute you for questioning him. I do however, find it tedius that people rage so much over "their" work when it shouldn't matter at all.
Tibia even stole sprites etc.

It happens and im telling you to lighten up and just understand that someone will always be there stealing your handywork. However, he has edited it into a new wall. Whether or not the face began as yours or not.

Put it this way.. for someone to learn perspectives on outfits etc, you begin editing cipsofts outfits. For him to learn to make walls etc, he has begun editing others.

Think of him as he is learning from you, rather than stealing.

regards

p.s. i know its completely different. I was making a point that the name is the same. Yet nobody cares.

And I agree with you, however as I said a lot has been stolen from me before, and I would appreciate someone asking permission he has barely edited them everything is copy-pasted and hue changed, saved in a different format so he hasn't learned anything from it.

Buddy.... what the hell is your problem? My work has been copied, period. Is it illegal to advertise jobs for my CUSTOM game, custom engine, custom everything?

ignore him. he just chats shit and tries to troll people.

Please stop fighting ;/
I can understand if people don't like their work being used without credits or asking for it and I think XPRIMEX just didn't see the harm of it same as some other people who commented.
If people use your work you used for your own project/server without credits or asking for it, it's understandable you don't like it. I once experienced something similar myself when someone copied the town map of one of my servers.
From that moment I started to understand how that was. So I understand why people don't see the harm of it because you usually don't realize it untill happens to you.

Please stop fighting ;/
I can understand if people don't like their work being used without credits or asking for it and I think XPRIMEX just didn't see the harm of it same as some other people who commented.
If people use your work you used for your own project/server without credits or asking for it, it's understandable you don't like it. I once experienced something similar myself when someone copied the town map of one of my servers.
From that moment I started to understand how that was. So I understand why people don't see the harm of it because you usually don't realize it untill happens to you.

though, i do realise. I just think it's petty.

No, cuz its wrong section then.

@ghostx
No, you're wrong.

eh, how was i suposed to know u have a golden wall ? u never showed it, its the same shading cuz i was giving it to u ... ask shcokah i showed im it.

and btw sue me, im 15, oh ye, i forgot, u cant :) minors win.

Isn't nothing to do with my Golden version of the brown-ish castle walls buddy, was the fact you just copied the face of my brown walls and changed the colouring and then said "i might be gifting it to a very lucky project :p", And you told Shockah you would have no affiliation with us anymore due to time zones and then joined another project.

Never threw any sue threats about I just said to Ghost that it is possible to do so if somebody is breaking a copyright law, minors can go to court....
I said I would help you learn to sprite and give you any tips you wanted when I have a chance, that doesn't mean copying exact pixel placement changing the hue and then offering it up, sure copy my work into a paint file or w/e and use that as inspiration like you did my tree, I am absolutely fine with that.

It's as if he copied the wall, and simply changed the colouring in Photoshop which doesn't take long at all. It takes very little skill to do it and he wouldn't progress any more as a sprite artist by doing it... I know how hard and how long Dan has worked on these sprites for, and as he said before most of his sprites were stolen a few years ago. Anyone who worked on something, put time and effort into it wouldn't be happy for someone to come along, take whats theirs and use a half arsed approach to change it a little.

All of the sprites on the Athera thread (including that wall) will be used in the game. It might not be a big deal to some people but it is to us, we don't take kindly to people using graphics that we will be using (edited or otherwise). It's common courtesy not to do it in the first place or, if you do take some, use it for inspiration purposes only, to create your own unique sprites.

honestly theres some difference between the walls

Last edited:
Xprimex, first of all you're not a good spriter. You will not get any respect and you will not learn anything from copying other people's sprites. I've been looking at dan's wall sprite and yours and i have seen that's identical just the colors different. Xprimex my dear fellow otlander, don't use other people's spirte's to get famous use your own.

Regards
Anteyz

Back