• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YATC: Yet another Tibia Client

Yeah Ill be supplying the users with a binary download.

You might want to include your GMP, SDL, and any other DLLs in those devpaks. There's plenty of people too lazy to go find those as well... <_<

As of the newest commit, you can use glSDL to try to get a few more frames out of your OpenGL driver.

On my computer, I didn't notice a difference, but I probably just have very poor OpenGL drivers (my fps is not too far from in Tibia with OpenGL engine).

On a computer with good OpenGL drivers, this might make a huge difference.

Adelae, a rather old OTF member with very few posts, shared this screenshot of YATC with us on OTFans tonight:

yatclight.png

he says he doesn't want to make a patchfile until it's done, but it already looks great (wrong, but great)!

Thanks. I busted my ass for all those graphical improvements for the 0.3.0 release. Now we're more focused on feature completion, though.

I'd consider this project one of the most important in OTserv history (next to the core files itself, also: TFS, RME & Sim0ne's Editor, and IP changers)!

If you have an E-mail you can donate to for your hard work please let me know!

Red

Yes, ofcource it is. When you got the client and the server. You are seperated from CipSoft and only bound by their protocol for tibia (tho, that is rather easy to change if we'd like too)

I'd consider this project one of the most important in OTserv history (next to the core files itself, also: TFS, RME & Sim0ne's Editor, and IP changers)!
I hope by "TFS" you meant "OTServ"...

Yes, ofcource it is. When you got the client and the server. You are seperated from CipSoft and only bound by their protocol for tibia (tho, that is rather easy to change if we'd like too)
A completely free 2D mmorpg. :)

EDIT:
Adelae did a little more work on the light:
yatclight2.png

Last edited:
Just a few little gui things I could point out such as the name positioning and color, looks like the armor doesn't fit in the slot, and the megaphone icon should only have one ) symbol if its going to be a default message, and have two )) when hes yelling

Other than that, it looks like its made enormous progress from the last time I checked it out, great job on it

Just a few little gui things I could point out such as the name positioning and color, looks like the armor doesn't fit in the slot, and the megaphone icon should only have one ) symbol if its going to be a default message, and have two )) when hes yelling

Other than that, it looks like its made enormous progress from the last time I checked it out, great job on it

@the first one: I'll look into it.
@second one: it's like that?

Wow, last time I took a look at it (over a year ago) it was completely messed up, many things just didn't work. Now it looks way better.

I'm also considering the possibility of using it as the official client of my server (blocking the use of any other client), it will even reduce the botters :p

Wow, last time I took a look at it (over a year ago) it was completely messed up, many things just didn't work. Now it looks way better.

I'm also considering the possibility of using it as the official client of my server (blocking the use of any other client), it will even reduce the botters :p

Well, over a year ago it was still a project in it's baby stages. It was started in July '07. A large undertaking like this, written in C++ with minimal dependencies, would take quite a long time for a handful of volunteers who also have other jobs or responsibilities.
Of course, it started getting much better shortly after I started actively working on it in March '08. >=P
You probably saw it while I was in boot camp and not working on it... >=P!

Hey, don't take this as a bad review :p , it was a praise! hehehe

Even with a few volunteers with little free time the project has evolved a lot in a few months.

If you have an E-mail you can donate to for your hard work please let me know!

Red

Like nfries said, TFS is made from OTserv.
So basically, you could use this client and change the lighting anytime? (isn't this cheating?)

Like nfries said, TFS is made from OTserv.
So basically, you could use this client and change the lighting anytime? (isn't this cheating?)

We don't have lighting yet (someone's working on it for us :D).
But yeah, we don't have lighting, so I guess technically using our client to play is cheating. Not that it helps any more than using ambient light at 100% on the official client...

please don't add an ambient light feature to the client when the lighting is finished... that ruins the point of torches and light spells, if a server wants full light they can script it.

please don't add an ambient light feature to the client when the lighting is finished... that ruins the point of torches and light spells, if a server wants full light they can script it.

yep. Although I agree, ambient light is a Tibia Client feature-- we will be implementing it eventually.
and, well, here's his most recent sample:
yatclight4.png

7 FPS is a little scary...

alright...well can you at least make it a parameter I can exclude in the project, or comment the areas and I will make it a parameter.

alright...well can you at least make it a parameter I can exclude in the project, or comment the areas and I will make it a parameter.

Yes, we can make something like a define that you can use like:
NO_LIGHT_CONTROL
;)

Back