• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YATC: Yet another Tibia Client

id rather have less bugs and more features than graphical fixes atm, also waiting for code::blocks tutorial so I can use it.

Looks a LOT better than when I first saw a picture of it! Besides the name I can't see any real difference.
You're sure this is recoded? ;)
Anyway, a new default pic that doesn't look messy would top it off man!
Great work,

Red

Nfries the guy's hp and name on the screen looks weird....(not like in rl tibia)
It's a little off from where it is in the Tibia client, I'll report it to the guy who has been moving it all over the place lately. Thanks for pointing it out.

If it was anything other than that; I don't see what you're talking about.

id rather have less bugs and more features than graphical fixes atm, also waiting for code::blocks tutorial so I can use it.
The last release was all about graphical fixes - just making it look good. This one is about completing the GUI. The next one will be about the small things that don't really affect gameplay at all anymore - light effects, etc.
Anyway, compiling with code::blocks is basically the same as compiling with Dev-C++. Download Dev-C++'s packman and install the devpaks with that (place it where mingw is installed, probably C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/). Or you could just rename the dev-paks to .tar.bz2 (the real format of .devpak) and install the files manually.
From there it's just opening the project file and building.

Looks a LOT better than when I first saw a picture of it! Besides the name I can't see any real difference.
You're sure this is recoded? ;)
Anyway, a new default pic that doesn't look messy would top it off man!
Great work,

Red
Thanks. I busted my ass for all those graphical improvements for the 0.3.0 release. Now we're more focused on feature completion, though.

It's a little off from where it is in the Tibia client, I'll report it to the guy who has been moving it all over the place lately. Thanks for pointing it out.

If it was anything other than that; I don't see what you're talking about.

The last release was all about graphical fixes - just making it look good. This one is about completing the GUI. The next one will be about the small things that don't really affect gameplay at all anymore - light effects, etc.
Anyway, compiling with code::blocks is basically the same as compiling with Dev-C++. Download Dev-C++'s packman and install the devpaks with that (place it where mingw is installed, probably C:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/MinGW/). Or you could just rename the dev-paks to .tar.bz2 (the real format of .devpak) and install the files manually.
From there it's just opening the project file and building.

Thanks. I busted my ass for all those graphical improvements for the 0.3.0 release. Now we're more focused on feature completion, though.

sweet, ill try to compile it, if im succesful ill post a code::blocks project file and upload the IDE

sweet, ill try to compile it, if im succesful ill post a code::blocks project file and upload the IDE

there's already a project file? or do you mean build instructions? :p

Anyway, we update YATC pretty regularly with small stuff - sometimes multiple times in a single day, but rarely longer than 2 days inbetween - so keep checking up on it. And, as always with OpenTibia, any patches fixing issues or adding missing features is more than welcome (just post them here if you don't want to use OTFans, that's fine).

well i guess build instructions then, i havent looked at the repository in awhile, last time the project file was a bit out of date

well i guess build instructions then, i havent looked at the repository in awhile, last time the project file was a bit out of date

The Dev-C++ one, maybe.
I work with Code::Blocks myself, and I do most of the work. So it's up-to-date.

Nfries the guy's hp and name on the screen looks weird....(not like in rl tibia)

Fixed and commited.

--------------

For those asking how to compile with codeblocks. Here I give a very usefull tip:

- Open your devcpp folder
- Make backup of your include and lib folders
- Delete them.
- Open the folder "yatc > lib > yatc" and install all devpaks except by "SDL_nsr.DevPak". New include and lib folders will be created inside your Devcpp folder.
- Get to the folder "yatc > lib > yatc > libtommath" and copy content from include to devcpp/include and from the lib to devcpp/lib.
- Now go inside the folder "yatc > lib > fetcher" and install any devpak.

- Copy (or cut) your brand new include/libs folders from devcpp directory to any place you like.
- In code::blocks compiler options or in yatc.cdb project options add include and libs directories in their respective places.

This should work.

I get one build error: ld.exe||cannot find -lgmp|
Anyone has the time to explain the problem?

If you are using libtommath, remove -lgmp from linkers. Otherwise get GMP Lib

If you are using libtommath, remove -lgmp from linkers. Otherwise get GMP Lib

I removed the def of libtommath, defined HAVE_GMP_H and got the GMP Lib.
Now it compiled :)

For me the client is lagging like hell when I'm walking on a 8.42 server.
But it looks cool so far :D

Edit; Client crashes when you use 'trade with'

I get one build error: ld.exe||cannot find -lgmp|
Anyone has the time to explain the problem?
I'll have to address this issue. Maybe rather than Debug/Release builds, I'll make GMP/libtommath builds. I dunno. I don't think the debug builds really help at all...

im a complete noob at c++ and dont know how to compile this also
Kilouco gave great step-by-step instructions...

No, they'll obviously keep it for themselves.

@topic:

I like it! If it gets completed I'll be using it as well. Seems a great and promising project.

It will never be completed as long as Tibia's running. This is the nature of Open-Tibia.
But it should be "complete enough" for most OTServs. So you should use it now, and give us feedback to make it even better.

Fix so you can move the location of the cursor(?) in the input area. It's annoying as it is now :p

I will encourage YATC in my upcoming server. Ill give any feedback I can

Fix so you can move the location of the cursor(?) in the input area. It's annoying as it is now :p

This is on the TODO for the GUI library we use, GLICT.
I do have commit access, but I don't really understand a lot of it's internals, so Khaos would really need to implement that (it's his library).

I will encourage YATC in my upcoming server. Ill give any feedback I can
Thanks. It might help if you were to provide Windows binaries with the Tibia files already on your site. Though there's legal implications with that, unfortunately there aren't too many users able to compile YATC and willing to learn just to play an OT.

Back