• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YATC: Yet another Tibia Client

Do you think you could add a mana bar under the health bar and above the name?
I think it would be a very helpful addition

Do you think you could add a mana bar under the health bar and above the name?
I think it would be a very helpful addition

Tibia client does not receive mana information for anyone but the player himself.

Why don't you make the client respond to certain lua functions? For instance, you can force a player's client close a specific window or open the options dialog through a lua function.

Why don't you make the client respond to certain lua functions? For instance, you can force a player's client close a specific window or open the options dialog through a lua function.

It's been suggested, and we've thought about it, but we're not at the point where it's a very good idea for YATC. Maybe later.

Anyway, we got the patch for implementing light and I committed it to the repository. It's only for the GL engine atm, though.
Anyway, it doesn't take long to notice some big issues with it:
1) No colors. I tried to implement them and they just looked crappy. Everything's using "black" light right now.
2) Very deep darkness above ground when it's night (only if you're not in a building). I can't find the cause by looking at the code, nothing SHOULD be causing this. But apparently something is.

News: We now have lights working with the SDL engine, although not as nice as the GL engine:
utevolux.png

It can be used in the GL engine too, though I can't imagine why you'd want to use it.

News2: Not to blow any whistles or anything, but we might be having a release this week.

@the first one: I'll look into it.
@second one: it's like that?

Looks perfect now, you knew just what to change. And the second one, what do you mean? The megaphone icon? Yes, I just checked and its one ) for default messages if you want to fix something that small. I could point out a couple other small things if you're not busy enough to ignore those temporarily

Looks perfect now, you knew just what to change. And the second one, what do you mean? The megaphone icon? Yes, I just checked and its one ) for default messages if you want to fix something that small. I could point out a couple other small things if you're not busy enough to ignore those temporarily

I meant "it's already like that in YATC?"; but I found what you were talking about. __INITIALLY__ it wasn't like that

I am supose to do the "small fixes" of YATC, so you can tell me all and I can fix them. But probably a have already figured a lot but there is a queue of fixes to work on. ;)

does using the basic lighting in GL instead of the advanced lighting give a greater FPS?

I am supose to do the "small fixes" of YATC, so you can tell me all and I can fix them. But probably a have already figured a lot but there is a queue of fixes to work on. ;)
Yep, kilouco fixes the minor issues with the implementations. Khaos and I actually do the implementing. He's like our editor. :p
The fixes to names and healthbars are thanks to him.

does using the basic lighting in GL instead of the advanced lighting give a greater FPS?
Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell with vsync on. :p

- The text for hp/mana is a darker grey
- There should be two experience bars, one for showing the actual exp number, and one for just showing the level. Hovering over the first one shows the exp needed for next level, and current exp / hour, and the second shows % till level
- The "-" and "x" buttons on the skills window should be further right, to the edge
- The color for the experience bars should be dark red
- Color for skill bars should be a darker green
- The skill bar and number display should go all the way across the skill window
- Still needs the "server log" window
- Damage that should go in server log should be white
- No scroll bar in the default chat

Thats all I can see from that latest screenshot

Add an option to disable RSA encryption. It's a total waste to use since both public and private keys are known to everyone. It'll give a tiny performance increase, but well. For OTs it's just a waste.

If you add it into the client. I'll add it into TFS.

- The text for hp/mana is a darker grey
- There should be two experience bars, one for showing the actual exp number, and one for just showing the level. Hovering over the first one shows the exp needed for next level, and current exp / hour, and the second shows % till level
- The "-" and "x" buttons on the skills window should be further right, to the edge
- The color for the experience bars should be dark red
- Color for skill bars should be a darker green
- The skill bar and number display should go all the way across the skill window
- Still needs the "server log" window
- Damage that should go in server log should be white
- No scroll bar in the default chat

Thats all I can see from that latest screenshot

all known ;)

Add an option to disable RSA encryption. It's a total waste to use since both public and private keys are known to everyone. It'll give a tiny performance increase, but well. For OTs it's just a waste.

RSA isn't a waste, not even in Otserv.

The option will make OTServ unable to serve anyone but YATC users, if they choose to use it. This is bad.

The option will make OTServ unable to serve anyone but YATC users, if they choose to use it. This is bad.

Would be a good way to make custom clients and force users to connect with a custom client. I see this as a positive thing not negative.

Would be a good way to make custom clients and force users to connect with a custom client. I see this as a positive thing not negative.

there are other things to do that like change version to for example 10.5 in server and client.

Disabling RSA would give absolutely no performance boost because RSA is only used during the login phase, as the first packet and nothing else. XTEA is also not a very complex algo, and therefore also gives no perfo boost disabling it. If you want to prevent non-YATC users from connecting, rather change the public and private keys.

Otherwise, a friendly reminder to any interested parties that YATC is GPL, and if you publish binaries you need to publish the modified source code, and complete, too.

Back