• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

YATC: Yet another Tibia Client

nfries88

OTServ/YATC Official Dev~
Reaction score
YATC is the official OT developer's clone of the Tibia client, for use with OT servers. It is supported on Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.

The Linux version will run on a wider range of Linux systems than the official Linux Tibia Client will (for example, systems with no support for OpenGL extensions used by the Tibia Client; or Linux that doesn't use X11).

It reads the Tibia client's data files, so there is no need to convert them (like there was for the Outcast and the old OpenTibia Client project).

It uses the fast, simple software-rendering library SDL; so it can realistically be built on any POSIX system supported by SDL (*BSD, for example). Due to the fact that SDL uses software rendering, and our OpenGL rendering engine is malfunctioning, you may notice low framerates. We'll try to get the OpenGL engine fixed, but right now we're more focused on feature completion.

YATC is not feature-complete: There are still features missing from YATC that are present in the official Tibia client (copy/paste on Linux, certain dialogs (Quest Log, etc), lighting effects) but it is complete enough to play the game.

There have been cases of accounts being banned for playing the official servers with YATC, so I do not advise using YATC to play on Cipsoft's servers.

EDIT: The last release is rather dated and we have no new building instructions (additionally, our dev-cpp project file hasn't been updated either). However, building is very straight forward.

Last edited:
I have a feeling if CipSoft every will try to take any measures against the Open Tibia community, that the developers of YATC will be our savior.

Then we got an open source server and open source client. ^.^

I have a feeling if CipSoft every will try to take any measures against the Open Tibia community, that the developers of YATC will be our savior.

Then we got an open source server and open source client. ^.^
I totally agree with you.

The most important thing about this is MAC playability, however it will cause you to get banished in Tibia. If Outcast was a success, I don't see any harm in YATC. Znote is right, if CipSoft create some sort of Tibia client to prevent us from playing OpenTibia, hail YATC.

Great project, keep them coming.

Feature request: Add the option to download the data files from the server if it's custom (and the server supports it). That will make it the ultimate custom server client.

Feature request: Add the option to download the data files from the server if it's custom (and the server supports it). That will make it the ultimate custom server client.

As great an idea as this is, a custom server should just use YATC as its client in the first place.

That way they can make it really custom, really easy. They can add new inventory slots, new skills, stuff like that, with simple source edits.

Anybody know if Pokemon Online is using YATC, or if they are just another criminal team hexing around? :p

Anybody know if Pokemon Online is using YATC, or if they are just another criminal team hexing around? :p

I'm pretty sure they're the latter.
I know of no project currently active using YATC.

As great an idea as this is, a custom server should just use YATC as its client in the first place.

That way they can make it really custom, really easy. They can add new inventory slots, new skills, stuff like that, with simple source edits.

Yes, I know that (Open source :peace:), but I was just thinking of a better way to use the same client with multiple custom servers.

Kinda like counter strike? When entering server, you first start to download custom sprites and stuff? :p

Don't know much about YATC. But last time I saw it, it needed alot of work on the design, probably thats one of teh reasons why people won't use it.. yet

Othert han that, YATC is a fine project.

Don't know much about YATC. But last time I saw it, it needed alot of work on the design, probably thats one of teh reasons why people won't use it.. yet

Othert han that, YATC is a fine project.

the design, meaning?
graphically? It looks a lot like Tibia now.

Show us some pictures nfries :)

I've been very interested in this since I read your first thread over at OTfans~

Red

are the right-panel windows resizable now?
and its normal that it looks like normal client, with cipbia .pic its only possibility:D
(ofc the right panel can be moved to the left or things like that)

are the right-panel windows resizable now?
and its normal that it looks like normal client, with cipbia .pic its only possibility:D
(ofc the right panel can be moved to the left or things like that)

not yet. it's not really a priority for us...

Nfries the guy's hp and name on the screen looks weird....(not like in rl tibia)

Back