• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Znote AAC 1.4 - [TFS 0.2.13+] & [TFS 0.3.6+/0.4]

I need further information on how the house system works. Are houses loaded straight from houses.xml and automatically imported into the database? Or does the database strictly only show house owners, rent, etc?
I do not wish to force admins to import houses, this should already be taken care of by the TFS engine, so im asking Talaturen for clarifications on this and how I should move on with this issue. (This is why I have ignored implementation of houses so far).

Forum system? From my experience, this is messy on OT servers, and only contain half arsed forum functionality(unless I want to waste a shitload of time), has a big lack of activity, and usually lots of spam from negative players. I would recommend to use a hosted project board for proper forum functionality, so we have pbpBB or vBulletin who are professional in this field take care of this.
However: Cached news system with comments will hopefully come within 1.5. I'm looking forward to see Peacy's minimal news system before I decide if I will tweak and implement his system or create one myself.

It will display your details instantly on the site without email verification atm.
It will verify you by checking your IP, if you have the same IP as was registered when creating your account, and you write correct email, character name and user/pass, it will reset your password or show you your username.
Email system is not something I am focusing on, I want to do this right and make it really easy and simple with tutorials and great understanding later on. (wishlist).
I think you can disable lost account interface completely if you wish in config.php, but because of IP verification, I believe it is pretty secure. As long as the hacker isn't your brother.

Houses are loaded from the database.

In brazil out IP change every when we connect to internet :p

- - - Updated - - -

What about Videos Library? There people could add their videos (recorded in wars and etc..)
Admin should have access to edit(comment) and remove videos.

TIP: Would be amazing if all videos posted depends of acceptance to be public. If receivbe a rejection it will be deleted.

In brazil out IP change every when we connect to internet :p

- - - Updated - - -

What about Videos Library? There people could add their videos (recorded in wars and etc..)
Admin should have access to edit(comment) and remove videos.

TIP: Would be amazing if all videos posted depends of acceptance to be public. If receivbe a rejection it will be deleted.
Yep, thats the downside. It only works toward people with static home IP. However its better than nothing, and its really hard to figure out a secure way to recover a lost account from people without static IP, since they are anonymous to a big degree.

Great suggestion! I can make a youtube video system.

Houses are loaded from the database.

Ohh kk. This is why I hate that the default TFS map is without houses, its hard for me to tell these things. :<

Last edited:
Znote, I can give you my db with houses included.
How it work? If you remove all houses from db, when you start tfs it will include all again

Znote, I can give you my db with houses included.
How it work? If you remove all houses from db, when you start tfs it will include all again

Ahh great, that was what I was afraid of would not happen. :D
Is the database structure the same on TFS 0.2 and 0.3 when it comes to houses?

If you want to send me a db dump in a PM it would help alot.

guys znote has helped me with Paygol simple-war.hopto.org check it out if u need it msg me on skype fidgitz123

And thanks znote really nice dude here.

Hey Znote! Love your website! I am currently setting up Paypal and I wonder how I could test the system? I mean using paypals sandbox IPN simulator. I'm not sure which parameters etc I need to send to mysite/ipn.php for it to work? Anyone got a guide for this?

- - - Updated - - -

I can't edit my post so I just have to post another one I guess.. I've changed the paypal adress in buypoints.php to "https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" I've also made a sandbox account with virtual money. So when I login to my account, press buypoints I get redirected to the payment site (the sandbox version). I enter my sandbox login and I am able to complete the "payment". After the payment is done I aint redirected back to my site, so I have to go back by myself. Here comes the problem, I didn't recieve any points. Are there more options I need to alter to be able to fully test the system? Have I missed something?

I really need this to work as I don't want my players to pay me for nothing.

Thanks

Someone use it on own server? I wanna look how it looks.

ovicorp.sytes.net i use the default layout but i gonna changed tomorrow for the sorcerer layout

- - - Updated - - -

i have this warning when i delete a character

Code:
Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 29 in C:\xampp\htdocs\engine\function\users.php on line 81

Suggestions: Forum, Also on the news system you going to release add comment section, so players can comment a update or changes or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Back