• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Znote AAC issue, can't loggin after creating an account

Adse

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm relatively new to Znote AAC and I got an problem here. After setting the website up and creating an account on the webbsite i cant seem to loggin to the server. I get an error message "Invalid password". The account manager and other accounts which i've created by phpmyadming is working perfectly exept this. I've searched around the otland for anwsers but don't seem to find any. Could you help me? Thnx

Edit: I'm running tfs 0.3.6. and i've tried editing encryptedtype to sha1 (in phpmyadmin too) which some said would fix the problem but after doing that i cant even login to the account manager. I get this text when going into http://127.0.0.1/special/database2znoteaac.php
http://2.ii.gl/32CrQx0Q.png , Before adding the sha1 encryption I had 2 updated accounts and characters.

Last edited:
Hmm... With lack of pictures I can't really help much, I think the problem is that the Znote AAC doesn't have access to your database. Can you see other characters you made from php MyAdmin on Highscore on the site?? If not thats the problem.

You fix this in your conifg I believe (Long since I did anything OT related.)

Yea well i fixed it by adding a script into config.php where it allows to convert the sha1 encryption into "normal" passwords so i can loggin, but thnx anyway.

You need to change config.lua from plain to sha1. Storing plain passwords directly in the database is wrong.

You need to change config.lua from plain to sha1. Storing plain passwords directly in the database is disgusting.

Now I've screwed up again.. I totally feel you and thats why i want to use sha1 instead of plain passwords. Not only because of security reasons but I dont want other peoples personal password and business circulating on the web if i've gotten hacked.
Anyways by changing to sha1 enryption i cant login to the server, only to account manager. Yesterday I found a code that would allow me to login when using sha1 but thanks to me being clumpsy I sort of deleted. I think it was this code that i used:
UPDATE `accounts` SET `password` = sha1(`password`) WHERE account_id= 1;
And when trying to store it in config.lua I cant run the server. An error comes up and says "Unable to run config.lua" Is it the right place to store the code Znote or am i totally wrong because i cant seem to remember what I did yesterday.. I've tried most of the things.

http://127.0.0.1/special/database2znoteaac.php should convert plain passwords to sha1 automatically, so that query is not neccesary. (Remember to set config.php to TFS_03 and salt to either true or false in config.php before running script).

Keep in mind that you may need to enable or disable salt in config.php depending on your 0.3/4 TFS distribution, this may be the cause of login problems.

Okey, well i've changed my encryptedtype to plain in config.lua and i've set config.php to TFS_03 as im running that version. I also tried both with enabling and disabling the salt in config.php but i still cant login into my characters created on the website. I can't even login to account manager now..

Maybe this might be the fault: http://3.ii.gl/aEVt9EF-.png I remeber when i had plain in my passwordtype going into http://127.0.0.1/special/database2znoteaac.php it said updated accounts and characters: 2. Might be something wrong in config.php as it wont update the accounts i create in the website?

Your database passwords are probably messed up now, after changing everything so many times. I wouldn't be surprised If you converted your already sha1 password to sha1 again turning it into something that won't work ever. You better cleaning the database, setting everything up as sha1 (server/site), and try again to see if it works.

Your database passwords are probably messed up now, after changing everything so many times. I wouldn't be surprised If you converted your already sha1 password to sha1 again turning it into something that won't work ever. You better cleaning the database, setting everything up as sha1 (server/site), and try again to see if it works.

Im sure i have so whats the easiest way to clean up the database? Do i need to re do everything i've done so far and just save the map or how should i do it? Sorry if I ask "noobielike" questions but im really frustrated trying to get the ot on for days while only facing a lot of problems.

If you are just starting and won't loose anything, just delete it and setup a new one. From the start just make sure if you are/aren't using salt at both server config.lua and aac config.php, and that you are also using sha1 on both.

If you get lost at anything try this guide.

Yes, will do that when i come home. I don't think sha1 is necessary in config.lua as Znote told because when i access my database page on the website it says that it automaticly converts plain passwords to sha1 encryptions. And em... should i delete my otserv base in phpmyadmin aswell?

Yes, will do that when i come home. I don't think sha1 is necessary in config.lua as Znote told because when i access my database page on the website it says that it automaticly converts plain passwords to sha1 encryptions. And em... should i delete my otserv base in phpmyadmin aswell?
You need to use sha1 in your config also, if you don't the server can't load the password.

You need to use sha1 in your config also, if you don't the server can't load the password.
I've started over everything. Everything is fresh, sha1 is in my encrypted type as you said HalfAway, I can now login to my account manager, or well as im writing this i tried once more and now i can't enter a valid character name... it sais 15:58 Account Manager: That name seems to contain invalid symbols, please choose another name.

Anyways, while I disable salt in my config.php and make an account on the website i cant login (on the website to create a character) while when i enable salt i manage to login to the website but at http://127.0.0.1/special/database2znoteaac.php it doesnt update the accounts. I have no idea what to do, i've tried fixing this 3 days already now and im really getting tired of it. I have followed Znotes video 3 times and everyones advice but i cant manage to get it working. If the account manager works then the website dont. If the website works to create an account then I cant login to either ingame...

If you want me to post my config.lua/php i'd be glad to just message me.

can someone help me on this in my config lua im using sha1 and znote when people creates account thats contains letters or vowels (not numbers)
they get the error invalid account when try to log into the game and page my server is otx very similar to rev tfs 0.0.3.6- 0.4 pls help

I've started over everything. Everything is fresh, sha1 is in my encrypted type as you said HalfAway, I can now login to my account manager, or well as im writing this i tried once more and now i can't enter a valid character name... it sais 15:58 Account Manager: That name seems to contain invalid symbols, please choose another name.

Anyways, while I disable salt in my config.php and make an account on the website i cant login (on the website to create a character) while when i enable salt i manage to login to the website but at http://127.0.0.1/special/database2znoteaac.php it doesnt update the accounts. I have no idea what to do, i've tried fixing this 3 days already now and im really getting tired of it. I have followed Znotes video 3 times and everyones advice but i cant manage to get it working. If the account manager works then the website dont. If the website works to create an account then I cant login to either ingame...

If you want me to post my config.lua/php i'd be glad to just message me.

how you solved this man?

Don't use an in-game account manager if you use a website. Disable it. Set password type to sha1. If there is a "salt" column in phpmyadmin -> db -> accounts table, then make sure it is enabled or disabled in both config.lua and config.php

Back