• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

7.4 | Alternative OpenTibia Server

Vee

Oldschool Tibia
Reaction score
2lnkb3r.png

Small introduction
Once again I've made the decision to create another oldschool opentibia server.
This time I won't be the only one working on this project as I've got another team member!
He's known on this forum as 53701688 ( also known as Jeffry ).

Together we decided that we will create a complete new world in the oldschool style of Tibia: version 7.4
Although our server version is 7.4, the protocol is version 7.72 to also have the abbility to allow players with a higher OS version on our server.

Team members and their job
Vee Mapper/storywriter/PHP codemonkey
Jeffry C++ coder/LUA coder
Amoaz Mapper

Our engine is pretty much done already thanks to the awesome dedication of Jeffry - the engine has all the 7.4 features such as UH-traps, parcel traps etc.
The map is currently being developed, the beginners island named Rookiville will soon be done and a small test run will be held for those who are interested in testing :)

Current minimap ( Rookiville + beginning of mainland )
33y12sh.jpg

Before
5n3tc8.jpg

Now

I will update screenshots from time to time to keep the community up to date :)

I promise those whom are waiting for such a server to come online that it will be worth to wait ;)

-

Thread is now open for discussion and feedback

UPDATE:
Name of server: Alera.

Regards,
Vee & Jeffry

Attachments

Last edited:
Looks very organised. I hope to play it. How many city's and what type of city's are you thinking of making?

Planning to stay close to the type of cities that Tibia has: normal, swamp, elvish, dwarfish, ice islands and desert/oasis :)
For now my main goal as a mapper is to create the main cities at first: a regular city, a desert city and spawns matching the cities.

Thanks for your interest in this project! I'd be happy to answer more of your questions - if you have any.

Yeah. I'd love to play an old-school custom OT. Soon going to get tired playing the same old same old real maps;P

Thread has been bumped with a new picture of the current minimap - enjoy!

I would love to play this OT!!

I would, but i dont have much time to play OT's! :/
But well GOOD LUCK! and free BUMP!

Together we decided that we will create a complete new world in the oldschool style of Tibia: version 7.4
Although our server version is 7.4, the protocol is version 7.72 to also have the abbility to allow players with a higher OS version on our server.

I hope you will understand it now.

Back