• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The experience rate in beta was extremely higher than what it's going to be on release.

Thanks god it was really easy to level in the beta

this will make it somewhat of a challenge even tho it will cause a lil bit of over crowdedness in some areas but it will make shit a bit more interesting.

Yeah, hope it's not to low to cause major overcrowding.

what classes are you guys going to rebirth in?

im thinking of starting as an elementalist but no idea what its going to be for the 2nd/3rd rebirth.

what classes are you guys going to rebirth in?

im thinking of starting as an elementalist but no idea what its going to be for the 2nd/3rd rebirth.

Well, Jake said that the first rebirth will be at 25k, so we have plenty of time to think about it, I am still thinking archer>archer>archer though.

Actually, just thought that going archer>barbarian>archer wouldn't be a bad idea, I mean 100% attack speed increase - yes please.

Last edited:
Currently (as of the time of this writing) there is no real "benefit" to rebirthing into the same voc twice, yes you gain more hp/mana but you don't get any cool new abilities. The idea is for people to sorta weave 2 vocs together to make a super voc (similar to how it was in the original deathzot. This is subject to change if people decide they would like to go the same voc multiple times, but by the time people make it that far into the game, they are likely going to want to change it up a bit.

Currently (as of the time of this writing) there is no real "benefit" to rebirthing into the same voc twice, yes you gain more hp/mana but you don't get any cool new abilities. The idea is for people to sorta weave 2 vocs together to make a super voc (similar to how it was in the original deathzot. This is subject to change if people decide they would like to go the same voc multiple times, but by the time people make it that far into the game, they are likely going to want to change it up a bit.

I was always thinking maybe priest, for the sio, become some sort of high damage and support player, but idk. And wouldn't doing archer>archer>archer make my archer spells like 3x stronger or something?

edit. just checked the first page, and if you rebirth into the same voc, your spells will be stronger, maybe not 100% stronger, but some factor.

Last edited:
I was always thinking maybe priest, for the sio, become some sort of high damage and support player, but idk. And wouldn't doing archer>archer>archer make my archer spells like 3x stronger or something?
No like I said, there is no benefit to going to the same voc. What the rebirth does right now is as follows...

• Experience, health, and mana are all set back down to that of a level 1.
  • Health/Mana per level of the new vocation is added to the previous vocation. Think of a sorcerer gaining 5 hp per level, then rebirth into a knight which gains 15, then think rebirth into a druid which gains 5. The new total health per level would be 25 (5+15+5).
  • All spells/abilities of the new vocation are taught to the player. Think sorcerer starts with ue, rebirth into a knight, now the sorcerer knows ue + exori.
  • Skill experience is set back down to 0, but the skill itself remains the same. An example of how exactly this works would be a knight getting 80/80, at that point it starts to take forever to gain a skill, upon rebirth the skill experience will reset back down to what it was at 1/1 allowing the player to gain an additional 80/80 for a total of 160/160. I can't think of a better way to explain this so feel free to ask questions if confused.
  • The new vocation skill gains are calculated based on the current vocation the player is. Example: Start as a sorcerer with 4x magic level rate. Rebirth into a knight, you only gain magic level at a 1x rate but now instead gain melee skills at a 4x rate. (keep in mind that this is a fairly important variable as each skill is essentially 1% damage with that respective weapon type, so it can add up quickly)

No like I said, there is no benefit to going to the same voc. What the rebirth does right now is as follows...

• Experience, health, and mana are all set back down to that of a level 1.
  • Health/Mana per level of the new vocation is added to the previous vocation. Think of a sorcerer gaining 5 hp per level, then rebirth into a knight which gains 15, then think rebirth into a druid which gains 5. The new total health per level would be 25 (5+15+5).
  • All spells/abilities of the new vocation are taught to the player. Think sorcerer starts with ue, rebirth into a knight, now the sorcerer knows ue + exori.
  • Skill experience is set back down to 0, but the skill itself remains the same. An example of how exactly this works would be a knight getting 80/80, at that point it starts to take forever to gain a skill, upon rebirth the skill experience will reset back down to what it was at 1/1 allowing the player to gain an additional 80/80 for a total of 160/160. I can't think of a better way to explain this so feel free to ask questions if confused.
  • The new vocation skill gains are calculated based on the current vocation the player is. Example: Start as a sorcerer with 4x magic level rate. Rebirth into a knight, you only gain magic level at a 1x rate but now instead gain melee skills at a 4x rate. (keep in mind that this is a fairly important variable as each skill is essentially 1% damage with that respective weapon type, so it can add up quickly)
Thanks for going into details on this I was a little confused of how the rebirths worked. I never played the first deathz.

Any Idea how much bigger the map got with adding new things etc.

if exp is going to be lower.. much lower.. i can see it taking like 2 hours to get out of 1-200 zone... and its going to be absolutely retarded with 10 people per spawn since people will be leaving the low level area much slower... specially since it was stated that, that zone would not get more spawns areas

if exp is going to be lower.. much lower.. i can see it taking like 2 hours to get out of 1-200 zone... and its going to be absolutely retarded with 10 people per spawn since people will be leaving the low level area much slower... specially since it was stated that, that zone would not get more spawns areas
Rebirth system looks awesome.They might have changed it as in from level 1-200 its a bit higher exp and then at level 200 the exp drops since theres more spawns. -cant wait to play

Well we also forget that bosses are going to be in this time around which is going to be a source of leveling along with party quests so yeah im not worried about xp

because we are all heartbroken and crushed that there was no release date given this weekend.. meaning that it wont be out next weekend :( since there is a 7 day period from announcement to release.

Yes.. Obama is QQing Zero fuks given.

For the Priest, how does the passive work? Does it only work when you're in a party with said allies, or is it with everyone around you?

Guys give them time. Id rather wait and have a server that isn't buggy. Etc. Like You all know there's no other servers out right now. So give them time. another week or 2 isn't gonna kill you. Find another game to play like everyone else xD I'm playing a few different games myself. Smite, League, hearthstone, loadout, path of exile and osu lol. And even tetris lol. Or go out and get a drink or something. Anyways, just give them time.
Keep up the work bros. See you on release. Anyone is welcome to msg me for my in game names. Which i got exams in 2 weeks. WOOO. lol.

Guys give them time. Id rather wait and have a server that isn't buggy. Etc. Like You all know there's no other servers out right now. So give them time. another week or 2 isn't gonna kill you. Find another game to play like everyone else xD I'm playing a few different games myself. Smite, League, hearthstone, loadout, path of exile and osu lol. And even tetris lol. Or go out and get a drink or something. Anyways, just give them time.
Keep up the work bros. See you on release. Anyone is welcome to msg me for my in game names. Which i got exams in 2 weeks. WOOO. lol.
problem is.. when i find a new game, i drop some money on it or i drop money to buy the game in the first place.. i have a shit job making shit money with bills to pay. all money i would MUCH rather pay, and WONT be able to pay twords Dzot. so now when it comes out, when donations are able to be done, i will look in my wallet and be like " well... Fuck..... " lol

problem is.. when i find a new game, i drop some money on it or i drop money to buy the game in the first place.. i have a shit job making shit money with bills to pay. all money i would MUCH rather pay, and WONT be able to pay twords Dzot. so now when it comes out, when donations are able to be done, i will look in my wallet and be like " well... Fuck..... " lol
Lol, I understand, I mean i'm broke as fuck atm. I'm living with my parents helping taking care of my mom and going to classes, I was tutoring up to calc at my college but they messed up the budget so I got laid off ^_^ I start back in a month but I'm going from 30 hours to 10 hours a week. But I havent spend any money on a game ina while. Ive donated a little to bizot but that was it. Havent even bought anything on league ina year ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back