• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

DeathZot v2 (The Restoration Project) | Live Update Thread & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I understand, I mean i'm broke as fuck atm. I'm living with my parents helping taking care of my mom and going to classes, I was tutoring up to calc at my college but they messed up the budget so I got laid off ^_^ I start back in a month but I'm going from 30 hours to 10 hours a week. But I havent spend any money on a game ina while. Ive donated a little to bizot but that was it. Havent even bought anything on league ina year ;o
i try not to pay money... but i get so bored and be like.. " ooh.. i know.. if i buy this.. it will give me reason to play more, and make me happier" then i play for like 20 more minutes then never touch the game again.... more " ahh..... Fuck...." moments.. lol its a bad problem with me.. instead of being the homeless guy who spends all his money on beer instead of a place to live.. i spend it on games with no real value to me, and then when its time i need money for something i actually want, i dont got it. lol

thats why hopefully at end of this year or start of next i will have a 50k/year job and i will have enough money to do some truly stupid donations and game buying.. lol, a safety buffer for my spending problem. lol

i try not to pay money... but i get so bored and be like.. " ooh.. i know.. if i buy this.. it will give me reason to play more, and make me happier" then i play for like 20 more minutes then never touch the game again.... more " ahh..... Fuck...." moments.. lol its a bad problem with me.. instead of being the homeless guy who spends all his money on beer instead of a place to live.. i spend it on games with no real value to me, and then when its time i need money for something i actually want, i dont got it. lol
That's life bro haha. Tv helps to. oh the cheapest past time......Sleep xD lol

Another one of my endless thoughts; it's kind of two-parted.

Proposal:
Randomly placed (not moving but known locations over time) chests that are able to be opened at random intervals by anyone who's lucky enough to try them while they are 'full' of goodies. Second part of the proposal is the ability for chests to sometimes drop an event script style loot where 1-3 exp orbs and 1-3 loot orbs are spawned in close proximity to the chest upon opening it.

Detail:
The chests would be placed within hunting areas, maybe 1-3 per area (of course depending on size) and while hunting lucky attempts to open the chest, which only 'fills' back up through the magic of coding, would be rewarded with the even script described above where a flurry of exp and loot orbs drop all around you (much like how Diablo treasure goblins explode with loot :p). The chests would have a chance of being a 'trap chest' and exploding on occasion dealing damage equal to 85% of your characters life through instant fire damge, high poison ticks, a long lasting curse, or whatever dastardly other mishap you can think of (this would prevent people from running through hunting areas to just check chests as they would usually then have monsters on them and if it would explode hitting them for 85% of their HP it could result in instant death). As I am unsure on how your scripted orbs for exp/loot work, this is just a speculation of being able to work, as this plan requires the orbs to scale to the areas loot levels (ex: level 1-200 area chest would drop t1 for anyone whether they are level 50 or 20000, same goes for the exp orbs) this would prevent high levels from trying to farm the low level areas chests as much as they don't reward very well compared to the areas closer to their own level.
Alternative to chests
This same plan could be put through with stone piles hidden around the map and through some sort of purchase, quest, or drop you receive a mining pick that allows you to attempt to 'open up' these caved in stone pile entrances to loot caves. The pick could only be used once an hour and has a 75% fail rate, but if successful you are teleported to a loot room that spawns a bunch of lower health higher exp monsters with a high chance of dropping the loot/exp orbs. The event would last a couple minutes spawning 1-3 monsters every 20 seconds through the process and once concluded would have a teleport appear in the room to bring you back to where you opened the stone pile. This second scenario of loot caves via a teleport would stop any abuse during loot gathering as no two people could be in the same 'loot cave' at a time.
Completely alternative once more is that if the orbs cannot tier to the level of the area, than no orbs and just a bunch of really good loot easy and high exp monsters inside the cave.

Yours truly, Warthorn

Last edited:
I like this ide it make the game more lasting and fun, and you have more things to do insted of just farm farm and bot bot

Another one of my endless thoughts; it's kind of two-parted.

Proposal:
Randomly placed (not moving but known locations over time) chests that are able to be opened at random intervals by anyone who's lucky enough to try them while they are 'full' of goodies. Second part of the proposal is the ability for chests to sometimes drop an event script style loot where 1-3 exp orbs and 1-3 loot orbs are spawned in close proximity to the chest upon opening it.

Detail:
The chests would be placed within hunting areas, maybe 1-3 per area (of course depending on size) and while hunting lucky attempts to open the chest, which only 'fills' back up through the magic of coding, would be rewarded with the even script described above where a flurry of exp and loot orbs drop all around you (much like how Diablo treasure goblins explode with loot :p). The chests would have a chance of being a 'trap chest' and exploding on occasion dealing damage equal to 85% of your characters life through instant fire damge, high poison ticks, a long lasting curse, or whatever dastardly other mishap you can think of (this would prevent people from running through hunting areas to just check chests as they would usually then have monsters on them and if it would explode hitting them for 85% of their HP it could result in instant death). As I am unsure on how your scripted orbs for exp/loot work, this is just a speculation of being able to work, as this plan requires the orbs to scale to the areas loot levels (ex: level 1-200 area chest would drop t1 for anyone whether they are level 50 or 20000, same goes for the exp orbs) this would prevent high levels from trying to farm the low level areas chests as much as they don't reward very well compared to the areas closer to their own level.
Alternative to chests
This same plan could be put through with stone piles hidden around the map and through some sort of purchase, quest, or drop you receive a mining pick that allows you to attempt to 'open up' these caved in stone pile entrances to loot caves. The pick could only be used once an hour and has a 75% fail rate, but if successful you are teleported to a loot room that spawns a bunch of lower health higher exp monsters with a high chance of dropping the loot/exp orbs. The event would last a couple minutes spawning 1-3 monsters every 20 seconds through the process and once concluded would have a teleport appear in the room to bring you back to where you opened the stone pile. This second scenario of loot caves via a teleport would stop any abuse during loot gathering as no two people could be in the same 'loot cave' at a time.

Yours truly, Warthorn

Sounds like a great idea, would also level the manual hunting players faster to keep up with botters.

but it would require that exp orbs also work in tiers so to say so high levels cant camp low lv hunting areas like you said.
and i dont know if they are tiered at the moment? (dont think they are)

So this is off topic but if anyone is good in calc 2 you should msg me im stuck on a couple problems XD Dealing with Integration techniques lol.

And Phillip I pmed it to you.

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh-oh
This is gonna be the best day of my life
Im playing deathzot with my friends
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh-oh
Oah-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh-oh
But all the possibilities
No limits just epiphanies
Wo-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh-oh
Oah-oah-oah-oah-oah-oh-oh
I'm never gonna look back
Woah, I'm never gonna give it up
No, just don't wake me now!!!

LETS GO DEATHZOT!!

OH what server is everyone playing atm?

Synthetic tell us whats new :/
He already said he wasn't gonna check in daily and say every little thing that he's done. That would just slow down the process. Give them time i'm sure he will say something when he gets the chance. Which im not in a rush for it honestly lol. Cause i have 3 weeks left of classes/exams. It comes out now Those exams grades might not be the best hahah.

He already said he wasn't gonna check in daily and say every little thing that he's done. That would just slow down the process. Give them time i'm sure he will say something when he gets the chance. Which im not in a rush for it honestly lol. Cause i have 3 weeks left of classes/exams. It comes out now Those exams grades might not be the best hahah.

Not only would it slow down the process, not even companies with 50+ workers could report daily. They report weekly changes at most and even then it isn't that big of a list.

You expect 3 people to have a list of great new features every day, that is completely ridiculous.

Not only would it slow down the process, not even companies with 50+ workers could report daily. They report weekly changes at most and even then it isn't that big of a list.

You expect 3 people to have a list of great new features every day, that is completely ridiculous.
Some just don't know what it takes to make an ot, especially one with as many unique scripts. Eh im going to sleep been up 40 hours. lol. Ill check in tomorrow.

Hmm i never knew how the passwords worked on this ot, like is there a hint around the map to tell you a password to a place?

Personally im starting to believe people are gonna be dissapointed as their expecting way more than they might get. Id rather prepare for not getting as much and be really suprised than expecting shit loads and be really dissapointed.
People should start thinking this way aswell or else its 99% chance u might get dissapointed as noone is perfect. Creating the perfect is impossible as each person has its personal standards.

@DestinationSer.
You do not understand the feeling of waiting for a good OT to be released.
Im just gonna play this with 1 of my friends and its gonna be great.
idc how many small issues there is, i will just enjoy it to the max.

@DestinationSer.
You do not understand the feeling of waiting for a good OT to be released.
Im just gonna play this with 1 of my friends and its gonna be great.
idc how many small issues there is, i will just enjoy it to the max.
Your right as Im working on my own I dont have time for being excited for another ot to launch but im just saying whats on my mind :) Dont take it offensively

I like that he comes on this thread talking shit when i mention deathz on his thread. He tells me this "And please stay ontopic and dont mention any other servers in this one as its based on one server :)" lol.

I like that he comes on this thread talking shit when i mention deathz on his thread. He tells me this "And please stay ontopic and dont mention any other servers in this one as its based on one server :)" lol.
I know right lmao these guys are dead ass challenged. Oh well I got off that server I'm just going to wait and test alscalon... You should do it with me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back