• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Going full-time on YouTube - I need your Feedback!

Spoking

Oldschool Developer
Reaction score
TL;DR - I paused my school to go Full-Time on Youtube. Please give me feedback on my content so that I know what I can improve over the next year! Thanks :D

Dear OTLand Community,

Today was the day that I decided to change my life drastically. I chose to follow my dreams and become a full-time YouTuber. It is something I always wanted to do and today was the day that I was saying to myself: 'You know what, I can NOT try and regret it in the future or I can try and maybe fail at it, but at least I tried!'. My parents gave me the opportunity to do this but if I do not get any success in the following couple of months, I will have to go back to school again.

Now let me explain something about my channel and myself. I am a commentator for games, such as Hearthstone, Call of Duty and League of Legends. I used to upload daily content of these games with commentary about certain aspects about the game, like weapons and strategies. I am currently 19 years old and I live in the Netherlands, studying Game Development - Programming.

Since I am going full-time on YouTube, I really would like to get advice on how to become a better YouTuber and Commentator. Is there something specific that I should improve upon? Any tips are appreciated, as this is my Job now. Every day I will try to improve and upload new interesting content.

My Channel: http://www.YouTube.com/HDCommentary

Please watch some videos and tell me what you think. I will be going back to uploading once a day starting soon. Feedback is all I want really!

Thanks in advance.

Yours Sincerely, -HDCommentary

Hey there, coming from a current YouTuber/Artist I want to say; great work and keep it up! (Channels: HuxHazHeart, HuxHazHeartTV)

What I've seen is your commentary is great, everything your doing, you are doing right so far.

What could be improved upon is, webcam feed, more topics of conversation.

Webcam - Provide a visual for the viewer, most people like to see a little bit of keyboard play and your reaction to certain events. This gives the viewer a more immersive experience watching your videos/gameplay.

Topics of Conversation - Be funny, outrageous and clever. Your introductions.. you prove your intelligence of the game to the viewer usually by explaining a bit about the game in the first part of the video so after that point feel free to have fun with whatever is on your mind. Talk about random things, and that will spark comments on your videos.. some may be hateful but be ready for that shit.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, you are a great commentator but try getting some community going in your comments.. Maybe each video throw a wacky question at the end to get people commenting and talking. Then go ahead and start building your YouTube following!

Best of luck,
Extrodus

Hey there, coming from a current YouTuber/Artist I want to say; great work and keep it up! (Channels: HuxHazHeart, HuxHazHeartTV)

What I've seen is your commentary is great, everything your doing, you are doing right so far.

What could be improved upon is, webcam feed, more topics of conversation.

Webcam - Provide a visual for the viewer, most people like to see a little bit of keyboard play and your reaction to certain events. This gives the viewer a more immersive experience watching your videos/gameplay.

Topics of Conversation - Be funny, outrageous and clever. Your introductions.. you prove your intelligence of the game to the viewer usually by explaining a bit about the game in the first part of the video so after that point feel free to have fun with whatever is on your mind. Talk about random things, and that will spark comments on your videos.. some may be hateful but be ready for that shit.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, you are a great commentator but try getting some community going in your comments.. Maybe each video throw a wacky question at the end to get people commenting and talking. Then go ahead and start building your YouTube following!

Best of luck,
Extrodus

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate the time that you took on reviewing my channel :) I will definitely write this down and work on this, the 'ask a question at the end of a video' idea is really good!

Cheers

I liked the few video's I checked out like he said good mic & intro, and you seem intelligent enough & clever! & it's pretty fun just watching it in general.
Ever thought about doing some play through videos of certain games?

Regardless, you gained a new subscriber with me :)
Good-luck!

Doing that for Cry of Fear ATM, but lost episode 2 >.< Thanks man :D

Good Luck mate!
Always remember to believe in your self.
And keep following your dreams!
Wanna be 80 years "alive" or have maybee have 30-40 years "lived YOUR life?"

That's exactly what I was thinking. However, I must stay realistic and I have posted a channel update. Check it out.

good luck! :)
clear and good commentary! you have a new subscriber ^^

cheers,
hehemidu

Gonna subscribe aswell :)
Is it possible for you to Make CSGO commentaries aswell(counterstrike global offensive)? :)

Can't see any Tibia videos, would be nice if you could upload like a war video or something like that. Would be nice! :)

Haha yeah I might cover it with Let's play a Game :) Not war though because I play on a non-pvp server :/ Thanks for the comment though =0

Subscribed! I watched your Hearthstone vids. You have an awesome voice! :D

Back