• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heroes of Newerth (HoN)

lol_792j.PNG

lol2_36s0.JPG

We won this game, crushed them easy.

Last edited:
Something to take to note, S2 clearly did not live up to their word they said when HoN 2.0 arrived.
Here is a thread; Marc DeFrost and Idejder: You lied about one time purchase // Quoted posts included. - Heroes of Newerth Forums

Also want to add this(Someone had this as a signature on HoN forums), https://i.imgur.com/8VjBi.jpg

Next step, HoN merges with LoL and Dota2 rises as the new competitive DotA(?).

I really liked HoN being Pay-to-Play because it seperated it from LoL and DotA.
Can people buy ingame advantages?

The worst thing with HON is that the matchmaking system is really random. I keep coming with these highranked guys, even though I've only got around 1500~ MMR, while they've got 1650-1700 MMR. Kind of destroys it for me, since I've played like 10 games, and I've got no idea what the majority of the champions abilitys are. It puts me in a disadvantage, haha.

The worst thing with HON is that the matchmaking system is really random. I keep coming with these highranked guys, even though I've only got around 1500~ MMR, while they've got 1650-1700 MMR. Kind of destroys it for me, since I've played like 10 games, and I've got no idea what the majority of the champions abilitys are. It puts me in a disadvantage, haha.

Well if you're not aware of what the majority of the heroes/champions can do you should play Public Games with No Stats, so many smurfs in Matchmaking right now with accounts being free :p

The only way you get better is by getting stomped by better players until you can match them and eventually beat them.

Well, I'm better than most of them, since I've played a lot of DOTA and LOL before, but since I've got no idea on how most of the champions work, I fail a lot, since I can't counter them properly.

Well, I'm better than most of them, since I've played a lot of DOTA and LOL before, but since I've got no idea on how most of the champions work, I fail a lot, since I can't counter them properly.

If you don't know how the heroes work, then you aren't better than them.

Ofc it's true. Do you really expect to stand a chance against good players if you always play against noobs and feel strong while stomping 1200s?

If you'd like to improve you should play with those in your mmr range, not higher nor lower. As you improve and gain more mmr you will see better and better players, and do you really think if a 1600 rated guy will improve if he plays with 1700-1800 guys?

Anyway, you would probably improve if you would play with 500 rated guys - So lower would be good for you.

ofc

So many captain obviouses lately :/

Sure, he'll improve if he will be in the winning team and only if he is playing with people that will be giving him hints and tell him what to do. But if this person gets stomped to 1700 than he will not be able to manage if he doesn't have this team.

If you'd like to improve you should play with those in your mmr range, not higher nor lower. As you improve and gain more mmr you will see better and better players, and do you really think if a 1600 rated guy will improve if he plays with 1700-1800 guys?

Anyway, you would probably improve if you would play with 500 rated guys - So lower would be good for you.

If you play with same rate people all the time, then you will just be stuck at same bracket forever, but I guess you are just too dumb to understand that.
Before you start bashing shit, feel free to come and play against me and see how well you do. :)

Back