• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.0 8.60

Would you help out on this project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WibbenZ

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hiho, hope you will enjoy the reading about this! Please vote with the poll system so I know how others feel about this!

Intro:
Users has for a long time been looking for a tfs 1.0 version with 8.60 support, Ex. http://otland.net/threads/convert-tfs-1-0-to-8-60-with-updates.210040/.
So much that they wanted to pay that developer atleast 200eur according to the posts.
Im not trying to get users to move from 10.x to 8.60, but to get those otservers that are out there more stable. - No one can say 1.0 is less stable then 0.3/0.4.

What I need to know if someone else with c++ experience would wanna join this small project, ive started myself to remove codes like, market, offline training and mounts.
I tought we could use github to see what has been modified from the default repo and to keep track of a todo list.
Im not that experienced with c++, so for this to get to a stable point we will need atleast one who knows what they are doing and can check what the others are doing.

I would like to get 1.0 to 8.60, not due to elf bot but mainly for the animated text function and the old war system.

My plan is to keep everything as the default one is, using meta etc. But trying to get things that have been removed added "as they we're" untill the default tfs devs adds a better one.

The things we need to get this of the ground:
Atleast 1 c++ developer who can check codes and maybe do some coding aswell.
A list of things that you would wanna see in this version that the default repo dosen't have, ex. mayNotMove etc.

Please give me some feedback if I should make this public or not, I will need atleast 1 developer to make this public. Otherwise I will keep it for myself to get better at C++ till I feel its ready to be released.
And if you have any questions towards me please send me a private message.
Regards

First of all there is a need of a list of 8.6 features( so we can know what is the right beavior on 8.6, and knowing this we can change the code to behavior correct ). Then we need to change protocol and fix behavior. New features will only be implemented when we get this right.

Good iniative.

Here you can find a a lot:

http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Updates

most important features?:

no cooldowns on spells but 2000 exhaust for agressive spells and 1000 for healing/normal spells
ability to heal monsters
can rope up monsters/players
rule violation system
You can use all item slots with all different types of items (you can move a sword to arrow slot)
no swapping
no fightback
can damage party members
old frag system (?only count lasthit and most damage)
no twist of fate or fair fight rules
hit all players in a stack and can attack all players in a stack with gfb or w/e
can kill player summons without skull
old pvp system
can get skull casting area spells like exori vis in front of someone without red fist mode

Last edited:
i dont know nothing about c++ but if i can help in something i will do it aswell i like tfs 1.0 and if it support 8.60 much better :O i agree with this

I personally never hope to see someone release a version of TFS 1.0 for 8.6.
I just don't see any reason for it. I understand that the game changed massively since 7.72 and why there's a demand for servers like that, but literally the only thing "special" about 8.6 is Elfbot (which, imho is a piece of crap to begin with.)

Some dude said:
I hate mounts! They're stupid! That's why I want 8.6!
It's so easy to not have mounts on your 10.x+ server you literally don't even have to do anything.

I'm honestly hoping CipClient2014 brings people to see something far better than anything we've had available in the past.
tl;dr - we should move forward.
Red

Thanks for the feedback, id still like to hear the reasons from: @Evil Puncker and @dominique120 for voting no.
i dont know nothing about c++ but if i can help in something i will do it aswell i like tfs 1.0 and if it support 8.60 much better :O i agree with this
If this gets off the ground we will still need help with converting the old files from 0.4 3884 to the new coding type, so we won't only need c++ scripters.

To everyone:
I get that some might not like 8.60 due to elfbot, but there are others out there who does. And im not doing this for elfbot im doing this to get animated text back and the old war system.
Im not planning on porting all my servers back to 8.60, but I do have servers that I haven't done anything on in a long while due to that they are made with 3884 and most of the server woulden't work without animated text functions etc, events games where points are written out, I think you get me on this.
We could ofc use 10.41 and use Player:say but if you have tried it you know it will never work in a temple area or a place where players talk alot.

It will take some time to get everything working not saying this is a 5h project then I would have done it myself and paid a c++ dev to check the code, but I tought why not release it since there is a bunch of 8.60 maps atm. source: http://otservlist.org/search/6d2f456b1ab1a01d43567d0010f6685c
Another thing is that we don't have to use 8.60, this would make it posible to easier get it downgraded to 8.40, 8.54, 8.62 etc.

I really like the new clients but soon the default repo will move to 10.50, that will mean alot of servers will lose players due to the epileptic seizure element fields.
The new walking system is just retarded if you ask me, the new war system isen't as good as the old one, most will agree with me on that.
The mounts, yes they are cool woulden't mind creating a new version that only supports otclient to be able to use mounts without the cooldown system.
And thats another thing, the cooldown system that makes you either have to spend hours on getting the old exhaust variables back or having to wait 60 sec to do an ue.

And as I wrote in my first post, 1.0 is the most stable version right now, this would mean that other servers could get the same stablilty and we can all move forward with converting events etc since they would use the same functions, talking about onCombat, onAttack, onOutfit, onStatsChange and thats probbly not all of them.
So in one way this is moving forward, otherwise they will stay with 0.3/0.4 when we all could get moving with 1.0.

Tbh most of the code will be the same as 1.0 just with a few features disabled.

But since: @Floris , @Olddies , @ATT3 votes yes it seems like atleast some wants this to be done, if there are a few more ill setup a repo where everyone can help out on getting this completed.

I personally never hope to see someone release a version of TFS 1.0 for 8.6.
I just don't see any reason for it. I understand that the game changed massively since 7.72 and why there's a demand for servers like that, but literally the only thing "special" about 8.6 is Elfbot (which, imho is a piece of crap to begin with.)

It's so easy to not have mounts on your 10.x+ server you literally don't even have to do anything.

I'm honestly hoping CipClient2014 brings people to see something far better than anything we've had available in the past.
tl;dr - we should move forward.
Red
Thanks for your input!

Why go back to Elfbot client?

I'd rather go for latest client.
There are still others who prefer the older client and why put a stop to that, why not try to help them insted?

I though they made tfs 1.0 to move on from the older clients.. lol.

Never heard of something like that tbh, just like all other versions they make something new hoping users will move on to that.
Just look at 0.4, there are hardely any 8.7 servers but there are plenty of 8.6 servers.

Good iniative.

Here you can find a a lot:

http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Updates

most important features?:

no cooldowns on spells but 2000 exhaust for agressive spells and 1000 for healing/normal spells
ability to heal monsters
can rope up monsters/players
rule violation system
You can use all item slots with all different types of items (you can move a sword to arrow slot)
no swapping
no fightback
can damage party members
old frag system (?only count lasthit and most damage)
no twist of fate or fair fight rules
hit all players in a stack and can attack all players in a stack with gfb or w/e
can kill player summons without skull
old pvp system
can get skull casting area spells like exori vis in front of someone without red fist mode

Great that you added that, we will have to create a todo list on github to see what we need to change, remove or add. :)
We are lucky in one way that we have 0.4 3884/3777 for this, that we can take alot of the code from there and recode it with userdata.

This is what I though when I saw this: "Not another 8.60 server, shigh" Time to move on people; out with the old, in with the new.

As for the technical reasons: this will be a major undertaking. Ezzz did this semi- successfully a few weeks ago when he downgraded it to 7.72 but he said that TFS 1.0 does not work well at all with the old protocols(read it in his thread about othire). Another reasons is: This will fall back very quickly if left unchecked, TFS 1.0 will move on with fixes and more while this one will die out like the many forks that are based on TFS 1.0 (the ones with the shitty cast system, the downgraded ones, etc). Unless you get a real programmer to help you this will be riddled with problems and bugs and there will be a fuckload of people that will come crying to otland when it crashes every 10 minutes.

If you really want to do this, commit to doing it(for example commit to 3 months maybe an see how it goes) and do it in an organized way. Whether you start closed or open; or choose to release binaries only dont forget that TFS 1.0 is licensed under GNU GPL v2 and I hope(and know) you have enough intelligence/moral integrity to respect the license.

Too summarize: I chose no because I want to see new servers with high client version. If this gos anywhere I might commit once in a while and help whoever comes crying to the support board because I enjoy the technical aspect.

Also I dont owe anyone an explanation for my actions.

Reactions: Red
I'm too lazy to write anything, but my opinion is the pretty same as red, halfaway and dominique120, I hope that 8.6 gets extinguished sometime soon =)

Reactions: Red
I get that some don't want 8.60 to stay alive, but grow up seriosly.. 8.60 will never die out, the diffrence is if we decide to help those who have 8.60 servers or let them cry as you said above in the support forum.
And everything dosen't have to stay updated tbh, as long as it runs stable and good. Just look at 0.4, it hasen't been updated in years and its still used.
All I wanna get out of this is to get more users to help the new script system grow, people aren't moving to 1.0 due to the scripting system or that they have to remove certin things they don't do it due to that alot of things are missing that 8.60 players wants, ex the war system and animatedText thats atleast one of the major things I feel that I would like to get added, even if I know its not posible to do that with the cipsoft client.

I will do it the diffrence is if I should release it or not, I tought we all could help out and in one way get those 8.60 to work better then they do right now.
And when you think about it, how will we get users to convert events from the legacy system to the new system when most wanna play on 8.60 servers?
This way "all" versions could use the same system and in that way get more scripts and events for the default repo, 10.x.

And in all fairness as long as atleast 5 users will be using this im happy to release it once its done. I will ofc try to keep it updated with the default repo.
So if you feel you wanna help out on this send me a pm and ill setup a git repo once there are enough users who feels they would use this.

the diffrence is if we decide to help those who have 8.60 servers or let them cry as you said above in the support forum.

Why wouldn't they cry about issues even if the 1.0 engine is downgraded?

And everything dosen't have to stay updated tbh, as long as it runs stable and good.

Then let them use the outdated, subpar version of TFS that they use currently. It's stable enough.

Just look at 0.4, it hasen't been updated in years and its still used.

You restated what I just said here.

All I wanna get out of this is to get more users to help the new script system grow,

I'm going to assume you're speaking of metatable functions.
I truthfully don't think the majority of users that settle for the current 0.4 TFS that run 8.6 servers are interested in any sort of contribution.

ex the war system and animatedText thats atleast one of the major things I feel that I would like to get added, even if I know its not posible to do that with the cipsoft client.

War system? TFS doesn't support Tibia's current PvP system.
doSendAnimatedText is literally the only thing missing from 8.6+ servers. Yes, it was a nice function; I can hardly see that lone function as the massive driving force behind developing a server with a severely outdated client version.

And when you think about it, how will we get users to convert events from the legacy system to the new system when most wanna play on 8.60 servers?
This way "all" versions could use the same system and in that way get more scripts and events for the default repo, 10.x.

I'd like to be wrong, but I cannot fathom this. I say this for the reason I stated above when you mentioned the metatable functions.

And in all fairness as long as atleast 5 users will be using this im happy to release it once its done. I will ofc try to keep it updated with the default repo.
So if you feel you wanna help out on this send me a pm and ill setup a git repo once there are enough users who feels they would use this.

I wish you luck regardless, I'm just hoping to see Open Tibia move forward from 8.6, simply because all I feel it has to offer is a subpar discontinued bot and a frequently overused function with comparable alternatives.
Red

Why wouldn't they cry about issues even if the 1.0 engine is downgraded?

Then let them use the outdated, subpar version of TFS that they use currently. It's stable enough.

You restated what I just said here.

I'm going to assume you're speaking of metatable functions.
I truthfully don't think the majority of users that settle for the current 0.4 TFS that run 8.6 servers are interested in any sort of contribution.

War system? TFS doesn't support Tibia's current PvP system.
doSendAnimatedText is literally the only thing missing from 8.6+ servers. Yes, it was a nice function; I can hardly see that lone function as the massive driving force behind developing a server with a severely outdated client version.

I'd like to be wrong, but I cannot fathom this. I say this for the reason I stated above when you mentioned the metatable functions.

I wish you luck regardless, I'm just hoping to see Open Tibia move forward from 8.6, simply because all I feel it has to offer is a subpar discontinued bot and a frequently overused function with comparable alternatives.
Red

As he said, that it would crash.

Yes but by downgrading 1.0 to 8.60 would hopefully make those users convert the scripts to meta and that would also make it easier for 1.0 users, there is hardely even any scripts out there for 1.0, atleast not if you compare with 0.3/0.4.

-||-

Well I know that we don't do that, but people want the old system back, there is a reason that even cipsoft will be starting a server with the old war system, the majority wants the old systems back, if you skip the "no attack to party members" function.

Well I get your point and all we can do is hope I guess, but to be fair as I said most systems are programmed for the legacy system and yes we could use some of them on 1.0.
But ex. the battle event that I have just rewritten uses the onOutfit. And according to Mark that won't even make it in to the 1.0 version.
And when we are talking about other functions ex. onCombat, onAttack that has been replaced with onManaChange and onHealthChange that will make it harder for us to just "copy paste" the event/scripts.
Unless we all use the same functions, that way we can all use ex. battle event on the 1.0 im developing aswell as the latest 1.0.
The hard part won't be to keep it updated since it a matter of copy pasting from the default repo to the new one, the hard part will be to get everything working in the first place.

Thank you, as I wrote in the start im doing this to try and learn abit more C++ while the same time helping some users who might want a script that is for 1.0 but they use the legacy system.
Ive started saying no to all the legacy script request to me, saying either move to 1.0 or find another scripter.
I hope ill find some others who feel the same way as I do, I will complete this the diffrence is how long time it will take me alone compared to if I have some other developers to help out.
But ye, thanks for your feedback was alot more constructive then the rest tbh..

Why you just make a tfs 1.0 10.41 compatible( like the official 1.0 repo ) with 8.6 gameplay? Not everything will be equal but the essence will be the same( for me 8.6 is about not having cooldown system ) and to be true, i truly hate bots, its the main reason i do not play ciptibia right now.

Ha, you linked my thread in the main post. I had forgotten I even made that. ;)

This is one of those things that nobody wants to admit they like or appreciate, but if it was done, they'd use it.

I hope that TFS 1.0 works out for 8.6, that would be a dream come true.

This idea is just amazing, it will really help alot!

Why you just make a tfs 1.0 10.41 compatible( like the official 1.0 repo ) with 8.6 gameplay? Not everything will be equal but the essence will be the same( for me 8.6 is about not having cooldown system ) and to be true, i truly hate bots, its the main reason i do not play ciptibia right now.

Well I feel the same about bots and there are ways to get rid of them, ex. changing the code ALOT to only allow otclient. But there will never be a good way to block botters afaik.
But to me its alot about the client look, not having the cooldown system(ofc that can be lower to 0 seconds or keeping it the same values it was before) but we still have the way players walk, war system etc. The list can be made long but the things is we shoulden't stop the support for older versions.
Ps. about the bots it would be simple to move the server to ex. 8.54 and clients below 8.7.

Ha, you linked my thread in the main post. I had forgotten I even made that. ;)

This is one of those things that nobody wants to admit they like or appreciate, but if it was done, they'd use it.

Haha well I can agree with you on this. Hoping atleast some helps out with removing lua codes that shoulden't be there with 8.60 or adding things that should be there.
Ive done pretty much already but the todo list is still long :p
The good thing about this is that no one has to pay anything except maybe donating some time.
Im hoping users will atleast report the issues, but well... thats the problem with open source :p.

I hope that TFS 1.0 works out for 8.6, that would be a dream come true.

This idea is just amazing, it will really help alot!

Thanks for the feedback! :) Im hoping this gets finished and that most 8.60 users moves to 1.0, would make it alot easier for scripters to create events aswell as websites.

I have not been following the other posts here, but your reasoning for an 8.6 server is absurd.
Animated text is not a must have feature, nobody cares so much about animated texts. Just use the plain orange text that is already out there for 9.1+.
Secondly, the 8.6 war system, or actually... ANY war system, even NO war system is possible in the latest Tibia version. Even the latest TFS 1.0 doesn't even have the newest war system, it still has the old war system (two guilds, battle), that's it; and you don't even have to use it.
I've been telling people many times, 8.6 has absolutely NOTHING that is worth using. It's just a random Tibia version that has no special meaning. It is a Tibia version where ElfBot was last updated, that's all 8.6 is about. If ElfBot stopped updating at 9.1, no one would have given a flying fuck about 8.6, everyone would be hosting 9.1 servers. Seriously, I cannot wait for the day 8.6 dies, it is literally killing OpenTibia.

I have not been following the other posts here, but your reasoning for an 8.6 server is absurd.
Animated text is not a must have feature, nobody cares so much about animated texts. Just use the plain orange text that is already out there for 9.1+.
Secondly, the 8.6 war system, or actually... ANY war system, even NO war system is possible in the latest Tibia version. Even the latest TFS 1.0 doesn't even have the newest war system, it still has the old war system (two guilds, battle), that's it; and you don't even have to use it.
I've been telling people many times, 8.6 has absolutely NOTHING that is worth using. It's just a random Tibia version that has no special meaning. It is a Tibia version where ElfBot was last updated, that's all 8.6 is about. If ElfBot stopped updating at 9.1, no one would have given a flying fuck about 8.6, everyone would be hosting 9.1 servers. Seriously, I cannot wait for the day 8.6 dies, it is literally killing OpenTibia.
this <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back