• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

How to insert your sprites to your OTServer, full tutorial (8.5-8.54 only)

Zuma Master

~Holes Through Happiness~
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to this tutorial , which will , hopefully , teach you how to insert sprites to your OT server. Let's get started: (FULL CREDITS FOR THIS PART GOES TO SIR BANANAS)
Adding Sprites Into Your Custom Client (CREDITS TO SIR BANANAS FOR THIS PART)

I've seen soooo many people ask this question, and SOOOO many more people giving the wrong anwsers, and ruining a spriters career :I
So i decided to make everyone's life easier. So here is my .spr and .dat editing tutorial!

What is .dat and .spr?
The .dat and .spr are the files that hold the sprites of Tibia. The .spr is the compilation of all the sprites ( where the sprites are stored), and the .dat is where they come together as looktypes and itemtypes. To edit them, we will require two programs! Why two, you ask? One for adding the sprites into the .spr, and another one for putting them into position inside the .dat. So here are the links to what we will be using in this tutorial. In reality, you only need one, but the first one, which is the TibiaEditorv6, doesnt work with the .dat, for some reason, and the Blackdemon Dat Editor is what most people use, but 99/100 times you try to save your work, it corrupts your .spr file, destroying your work. So we will use the TibiaEditor to add sprites into the .spr, and the Dat Editor to well, obviously edit the .dat.

Straight_line.jpg

Now that we have all the programs, lets start by opening TibiaEditorv6
Wn4q3.png

Now lets open our spr file! Just do what I do in the pics.
o1OWp.png

Okay! Find the path, and open it. After you open it, it should look like this
erZRY.png

-- Warning! Don't scroll up and down too fast in TibiaEditor, or you'll end up freezing and crashing :/ --

Back to business. Now that our .spr is open, we have to import the sprite we are adding.
PjQmx.png

So do like the image, and right click any sprite and press Import.
1gzor.png

This window should appear. Now press Open, and find the path to the sprite, and open it, just like we did with the .spr
It should now look like this
QvcIW.png

Now just press Import, and the window should close and look like this
Xr7Gs.png

No really apparent change, but our sprite has been added ^^, now we have to save our file.
So just do what I do in the pic
3SDaX.png

Then save it to wherever you want, and it should look like this
Bjt50.png

After that is done, we are finished with editing the .spr! So just close TibiaEditor, and now open DatEditor.
When you open it, it should look like this
xgkqW.png

Now press the little folder, and choose the path. The .dat should be the .dat you want to edit, and the .spr is the .spr we compiled with TibiaEditor.
DgiuZ.png

After thats done, press open
Wait until it looks like this
VZzrn.png

Then press Close and you should be here
mbNez.png

Now scroll down until the very end of the sprites (on the right side [>>]), until you see this
xef5J.png

Now follow the steps in this pic (File - new - Item)
k2yFp.png

And it should go to this. It will be blank, don't worry, thats normal
l7tyX.png

Now we drag our sprite to the location showed in this pic
B3TiQ.png

And it should now look like this
TntNW.png

Now press the Save icon next to the folder we used to open our sprites, and this should pop up
YCxok.png

Now here comes the tricky part. Save the .dat to where u want to save it ^^, but the spr, dont overwrite the one we compiled with TibiaEditor, because DatEditor WILL crash, and if you overwrite the one from TibiaEditor, you will lose all your progress. Now after you chose the locations, press save, and this will happen
BcVsv.png

So now the spr we saved with DatEditor will be ruined, but the .dat will be working fine, so take the .dat from DatEditor and the .spr from TibiaEditor, and there you go, you've added a sprite to a client ^^
Hope you liked the tutorial, and hope it was useful. Took me weeks to find out completely how to do this, reading over 20 tutorials, and none were complete like this, so i hope this helps everybody.

(Next steps by Zuma Master , Respect and thanks to sir bananas for this part..) Tutorial continues...
=====================================================================================================================================================

Ok , now to have an OTS with custom items , you must have a custom client that players need to download to be able to see custom items , otherwise they will debug the moment they attempt to login to the server and someone with a custom item comes close to them... So you should probably find some custom client generator to make your custom client use your server's ip adress, and then upload this custom client with the custom .spr and .dat you should have from the upper part. Now in this part , i will cover how to add this custom sprite you added , into your server.

Step 1:
You must download OtItemEditor v0.3.7 , you can find it on otfans.net , download it from there then go to step 2...

Step 2:
Get the otDllPack from otland (search for it) , then extract all of its files in the tibia 8.54 folder on your computer.

Step 3:
Place all of your OtItemEditor v0.3.7 files in the folder with the dll packs , and both the custom .spr and custom .dat , they must all be in the same folder!!!

Step 4:
The next few steps will be on pictures. Enjoy.
20tiask.png

35d5a20.png

34srmgk.png

1zefczr.png

fnsjk7.png

The Code is :
459E7B73 45880FE8 792 6
467FD7E6 467F9E74 800 7
475D3747 475D0B01 810 8
47F60E37 47EBB9B2 811 9
486CCA2B 4868ECC9 820 10
493D607A 493D4E7C 840 12
49B7CC19 49B140EA 841 13
49C233C9 49B140EA 842 14
4A49C5EB 4A44FD4E 850 15
4A4CC0DC 4A44FD4E 852 15
4B1E2CAA 4B1E2C87 854 16

Step 5:
Copy the items.otb file from your items folder in your data folder in the server folders , and place it in the otItemEditor folder.

Step 6:
vat6a.png

whzbya.png

w9ywxu.png

6rkqvk.png

Last edited:
BUMP.
This deserves more feedback , as it is my first tutorial , and the only 100% full tutorial that explains how to make a server with custom items on otland.net...

Can u make one for 8.6+

I'll add an 8.6 part as soon as i try it and make sure it works, but if your in a hurry , try using the 8.6 otitemeditor (should be after 0.3.7 in remere's list on otfans). it should be the same except the otb part , just use the same steps with otitemeditor , without changing the graphics.dat

I'll add an 8.6 part as soon as i try it and make sure it works, but if your in a hurry , try using the 8.6 otitemeditor (should be after 0.3.7 in remere's list on otfans). it should be the same except the otb part , just use the same steps with otitemeditor , without changing the graphics.dat

Someone try this and tell me the result please.
(BUMP)

Heres a link to the Dat editor, i had it on my computer.. 99.99% sure its safe, but if you guys wanna wait til a mod approves thats fine
Dat Editor.zip

Is it me or it's much easier to do it the way I do it:

1. Open tibia.dat and tibia.spr via DatEditor.
2. Press File -> Add -> New Item
3. In the sprites tab go right click -> Import -> select your sprite on computer and let it load.
4. Drag the sprite from the sprites tab to the empty slot you created when clicking 'New Item', and configure the item.
5. Go export and place it somewhere.

Now go open TibiaEditor and load .dat & .spr aswell.
1. Go to items tab -> right click -> import the .idc file you exported in Dat Editor.
2. Compile new .spr and .dat

Now when you want to make a fitting .otb for this, just put these new .dat and .spr into its folder, run it, and press Add Missing Client Items in the options, then save the .otb in data/items.

Is it me or it's much easier to do it the way I do it:

1. Open tibia.dat and tibia.spr via DatEditor.
2. Press File -> Add -> New Item
3. In the sprites tab go right click -> Import -> select your sprite on computer and let it load.
4. Drag the sprite from the sprites tab to the empty slot you created when clicking 'New Item', and configure the item.
5. Go export and place it somewhere.

Now go open TibiaEditor and load .dat & .spr aswell.
1. Go to items tab -> right click -> import the .idc file you exported in Dat Editor.
2. Compile new .spr and .dat

Now when you want to make a fitting .otb for this, just put these new .dat and .spr into its folder, run it, and press Add Missing Client Items in the options, then save the .otb in data/items.

You know , the reason i made this tutorial is , that the other one made by sir bananas didn't provide the way to make your server with your own custom sprites.
So , I decided to post his tutorial as the base , and then mine as a completion of his own tutorial , which gives you the way to create servers with custom sprites.

Thus , I attempted to make my part of the tutorial as short as possible , Especially that I didn't have much time on my hands when i was doing this , since i was working on a project.

I couldn't however , edit his part of the tutorial without taking permission from him beforehand , which didn't happen. So i couldn't allow myself to edit it , even to do it for an easier way , i use your way before i even read his own tutorial , but i just Copy-Pasted it so this thread wouldn't be locked due to the existence of other tutorial which explain part of my own tutorial.

Hope that offered a good explanation to , why i didn't post an easier way.

Cheers.

good tutorial, try using media fire. the link you gave came with another tab, and it autodownloaded a virus disguised as adobe flash setup exe

Back