• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another new map editor (WIP)

Make a zoomable minimap. Idk how hard/easy but would be nice for minimap images ^^.

And can you set the ambient light yourself or is it a set value?

Something like change Dragons withing floors 7-8 and in range 100 sqm set their spawn interval to 300.

Will think about some way to add something like that, somewhat "hard" to make such a feature user-friendly as well.

Make a zoomable minimap. Idk how hard/easy but would be nice for minimap images ^^.

And can you set the ambient light yourself or is it a set value?

Scaling the minimap shouldn't be a huge problem. And yes, you can 'somehow' set the ambient light yourself.

Ignore the lightning bugs, I'm reworking the system a bit.
Looks pretty weird compared to "simple darkness".
u1Ux4.jpg

U1Iap.jpg

p9Swl.jpg

I've changed the 'looks' of the raw-palette now. (And changed the scroll system, this is quite a bit faster.)

EB6qQ.jpg

And I've updated the lighting.

DMVnS.jpg

"Stacked" items (e.g. crates on crates) display properly now.

I've got x/yrepeat and frames working, so this means I'm replicating the real tibia view almost exactly now.

AZfPq.jpg

As visible, on the right side, the mountains/grass/ground/lava look a lot more "variated" and just better.

can we adjust this settings?
like on tibia client % of light?

I loved the highlighted items when they are selected. Lighting doesnt matter much to me but its cool to see it working so well in a map editor. Im glad to finally see tight bordering. If you havent you should include a tool which borderizes tiles like the one in RME. A simple way to copy paste between maps is important too!

An option to change a mountain border to another one!

edit;

can you tell us how do you setup an item image that is 64 x 64? i mean the width, height, xrepeat, y repeat, z repeat?

Last edited:
would be cool a feature like the bucket of paint, that you dont need to fill the black spaces tile per tile (something that was in 7.6 simone version, i think), also a smater eraser that you can select the items you want to delete.

I think about going for some more "simple" base view, a bit like Remere's.
Is such a view better, to your opinion? :3

mldmc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

can you tell us how do you setup an item image that is 64 x 64? i mean the width, height, xrepeat, y repeat, z repeat?

Code:
		/// <summary>
		/// Gets (and generates) a full sprite.
		/// </summary>
		/// <param name="id">Sprite sub-id</param>
		/// <returns>Sprite image</returns>
		public Bitmap GetFullSprite(int id) {
			if (id < 0 || id >= fullSprites.Length)
				throw new ArgumentOutOfRangeException("id");
			if (fullSprites[id] == null) {
				Bitmap b = new Bitmap(width * 32, height * 32);
				using (var gfx = Graphics.FromImage(b)) {
					int idd = id * width * height * blendSprites;
					for (int frame = 0; frame < blendSprites; frame++) {
						int x = width - 1;
						int y = height - 1;
						while (y != -1) {
							gfx.InterpolationMode = System.Drawing.Drawing2D.InterpolationMode.HighQualityBicubic;
							gfx.DrawImage(GetSprite(idd), x * 32, y * 32);
							if (x == 0) {
								x = width - 1;
								y -= 1;
							} else
								x -= 1;
							idd++;
						}
					}
					gfx.Save();
				}
				fullSprites[id] = b;
			}
			if (fullSprites[id] == null)
				System.Windows.MessageBox.Show("?!");
			return fullSprites[id];
		}
where id is:
Code:
			int id = (y % repeatY) * (repeatX) + x % repeatX;
			if (id >= fullSprites.Length)
				if (fullSprites.Length == 1)
					id = 0;
				else
					id = id % fullSprites.Length;
			return GetFullSpriteSource(id);
(repeatZ is 'always 1', so I don't calculate that)

I like the other layout much better. Id say the biggest deciding factor is your screen size, people with a small screen are probably going to prefer the RME layout.

Nice progress.
Would be awesome if it had a script interface.
Where you can loop through positions and remove items or replace items with others and such.

Wanted to ask does fire, water, and monsters, have animation like in Simone's?, this would make mapping more fun for me ofc, and leave option for it! :D

I like the other layout much better. Id say the biggest deciding factor is your screen size, people with a small screen are probably going to prefer the RME layout.

What "other" layout?

you should add kinda like ingame preview where you go onto a god char and can walk around your created map just by clicking xx button,ofc if thats possible :p

I'm not going to integrate a client and server within the editor, only the current preview function.

Wanted to ask does fire, water, and monsters, have animation like in Simone's?, this would make mapping more fun for me ofc, and leave option for it! :D

Well, I'm able to make animations without too much harash, if there's appeal for it. I'd disable it for myself tho :p.
It's actually some cool idea to be able to export a gif with animations etc XD.

==

Anyway, currently reworking some core things to make it more extensible. Loading creatures and displaying them also works, by the way (colored outfits is being worked on, tho), and the uber-awesome bucket tool is also being planned :p.

Back