• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another new map editor (WIP)

Haven't read through every post so I don't know if this has been suggested or not but, a useful feature would be to delete every item by ID. So for example if their and a shit load of vials scattered everywhere around the map you can delete them all with very little hassle.

Looking good though keep it up.

Hoekw5@#~@#

DUDE!!

Fuckkajfskjfaklawd

Thats so freaking amazing gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep it uuuupp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to feedback somewhat like the Direct3D Culling Off function, it erases unreachable/unseen tiles from the map = less memory usage for mapeditor and server.

Haven't read through every post so I don't know if this has been suggested or not but, a useful feature would be to delete every item by ID. So for example if their and a shit load of vials scattered everywhere around the map you can delete them all with very little hassle.

Looking good though keep it up.

Well, I'm approaching a way to search items by id or properties (e.g. movable, like a previous suggestion), where after you can just select them all and remove them. This hasn't been worked out, but kept in mind. Thanks for the suggestion =].

Would like to feedback somewhat like the Direct3D Culling Off function, it erases unreachable/unseen tiles from the map = less memory usage for mapeditor and server.

Well, that obviously happens. It just removes things which are out of the screen range, and rebuilds/removes/loads once you scroll (threaded per view). It doesn't load the whole map into memory from the beginning. Instead, it loads chunks (256x256x1 areas) once needed (threaded per map) from the 'almost raw data' run-time, reducing memory usage and loading times.
This latest thing is very efficient memory-wise (tons of less memory is being used), however, things like searching objects through the whole map take longer then in e.g. RME (even though this isn't a problem, since I don't think you do this every minute).

Wow I just read each post here.
This is just amazing dude. Keep it up.

@slurpderp
I'm sure gamers shit his pants when his net cut. Lolol

bump, a week without news i'm sad.

Well, other stuff to do at the moment, for example, the always annoying school. Gotta code a whole other project for school as well, and since that has a time goal, it has priority.

Random pointless update;
While working on my other thingy I found out how to improve memory management a bit.

Old:
Memory usage:
oH22z.png

Resulted in this..
Tk79Q.png

(RL map loaded, 2 views)

Well, for RL maps this change isn't that big, I think, but for smaller maps it certainly is. (-50MB)

What about some more skins? So people are able to change the looktype in the mapeditor. And add also an Search bar. so if you're writing Like "2160" = Crystal coins.

Well, I've updated it all a bit.
Finally got 9.60 working correctly. (should update my SpellCreator with the same thing someday)

Besides that I've also made some position control which allows you to paste positions from clipboard right into the field. Copying a position from the playfield will copy a position in this format: {x, y, z} so it's usable in scripts, but you can also paste it in e.g. teleport or goto-position boxes without having to write the 3 things separately.
MwCfq.png

Clipboard data: {10000, 12934, 7}
Ctrl+V:
Yr2Kw.png

Back