• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another new map editor (WIP)

You mean like in paint? Awesome
Basically what he meant was that you can fill shapes with water/grass and so on..
Though.. I suggest you add a limit or something or a BackgroundProccess Component to make sure it doesn't lag the entire program.
I mean a RL map and Whoops, Clicked on the black area, the entire 32000x32000 will be filled with water <.<
Add maybe a Dialog that tells you if you REALLY want to do this..

You mean like in paint? Awesome
Basically what he meant was that you can fill shapes with water/grass and so on..
Though.. I suggest you add a limit or something or a BackgroundProccess Component to make sure it doesn't lag the entire program.
I mean a RL map and Whoops, Clicked on the black area, the entire 32000x32000 will be filled with water <.<
Add maybe a Dialog that tells you if you REALLY want to do this..
I suppose that it works just like the one from sim0ne map editor worked, it will only fill what you are seeing in the screen, not the whole map

I suppose that it works just like the one from sim0ne map editor worked, it will only fill what you are seeing in the screen, not the whole map

Either that, or it just won't work if boundaries aren't found, or it'll fill all loaded chunks.

- - - Updated - - -

===

Working on dynamic loading, which results in less memory usage and faster loading, while it's not done yet, improvements are clearly visible.

Loading tibia RL map takes 14 seconds on my computer, in RME 17 seconds.
X2Gx0.jpg

Render:
9Gfun.jpg

Memory usage:
oH22z.png

(same map loaded, bottom one is "this" editor)

you should make it darker when doing previews, I mean you can clearly see everything, when in real Tibia is alot darker.

Can't wait for beta and first release!

Have you read my post??

would be cool a feature like the bucket of paint, that you dont need to fill the black spaces tile per tile (something that was in 7.6 simone version, i think), also a smater eraser that you can select the items you want to delete.

Idk if it has been suggested already but could you add a "Find all moveable items" function? It'd be really useful

you should make it darker when doing previews, I mean you can clearly see everything, when in real Tibia is alot darker.

Can't wait for beta and first release!

Well, it's a transition of darkness I guess - to night time?
Anyway, there are 3 (setable) main params for the lighting; atmosphere color, atmosphere alpha and light effect alpha/level.
This is for example with a much darker atmosphere alpha (but the same light alpha).
AVVDi.jpg

Idk if it has been suggested already but could you add a "Find all moveable items" function? It'd be really useful

Certainly a good idea, also need that myself :p. Will keep it in mind.

Omg looking good, great work :)

That's looking amazing! great job on the editor mate! :D
Looking forward to try it out :)

Everytime I come to OTLand is to check this thread, simple as that.

Well, somewhat busy lately, but I've fixed some processor 'leak' and the editor remains stable at ~1% cpu usage now (if idle). Threading is so annoying :<.

Some other screenshot, nothing new visible actually :p.

JcyGA.jpg

So, is this downloadable yet?

No. It just lacks too many features/etc. for it to actually do something good.

looks very good ^^ will you release it as an open-source app?

Yes, this'll be open source, once the base is "working" I'll add it to git so "everyone" can extend onto it.

- - - Updated - - -

===

Zones are now visible.

biayl.jpg

Messing around a bit with views. Views, cross-view editing and multiple maps can be opened now. (somewhat)

Uw5gw.jpg

Back