• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another new map editor (WIP)

omg, I love the preview!! <3
Me and Sarawrr were just talking about how cool a map editor that could simulate the light effects would be <3

Yh itll be awesome for map comps since its no server needed :)

what exactly are you using for rendering of the map? OpenTK?
In that case you could do lighting using shader, (it aint that compicated)

I'm using DirectX (integrated with WPF, so very easy to use) with two masks, one for the atmosphere color/alpha and one for the colored lights, which seems to simulate everything the best way.

==

Thanks for feedback =3.

ah good ^^, No need for additional depedancies then, Makes things alot more compatible. Keep up the good work ^^

Started with the autobordering feature, shown below, and some more lighting tests (seems to be a bit bright on many objects).

pc2t4.jpg

Continued on autobordering and the item-search feature.

oeF9C.png

As you can see, you can also make 'tight' borders using this, which can also overlay other border types in the future once I add them.
(Some border parts are missing for now)

I love it very nicely done!

Well, autobordering works a lot better now.
Sorry, very low image quality..

JOWKh.png

ippyG.jpg

I found a way to severely improve lightning as well, which I will try to add tomorrow.

haha Kornholijo you are here to steal hes idea little baby :O

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh fallen you here to?? :D

Ahh slurpdrup you here to??

Nice map editor tbh better then RME and korn

try to make and autoborder that doesn't make things squary... or a mode of autborder that just print the borders, making easier build weird shapes and more rpgish

Ahh slurpdrup you here to??

Nice map editor tbh better then RME and korn
Dude stfu. It doesn't matter if 100 map editors are made, they are all good regardless. I don't see people flaming simone because rme is better. Seriously, if you wanna be a mapper you'll be sure to remember that any new editor with new options are great.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason why i like this so far is the bordering and lighting

I only like the bording thing make things easy and faster and better i guess

@gamersdont
if you ever heard of IRC we are all there. and we are talking about this there, this is why we are all here.
go spam other board dog.
@down
ain't wasting post counts on you.

Back