• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Another new map editor (WIP)

The reason I choose otclient because I don't want to waste more time on writing my own framework and at the same time combine open tibia tools in one application which makes the user edit his OT files with ease. But I agree with @up also, making a map editor in C# can take a week or even less, since there are much codes released for it and are auto work (noone can disagree with that fact) also making it in C++ would make it more portable and and more performance. However, Kornholijo is working on one in C#. I'm not going to go further more off-topic but your map editor won't beat Kornholijo's (He might be keeping it private, i have no idea. Not sure if i'm even allowed to say).

@Kornholijo keep the retarded posts coming but yes, i didn't do the rendering part at all, so there's no reason to write such post. It's obvious because I've already stated in my thread so, no shit sir.

The reason I choose otclient because I don't want to waste more time on writing my own framework and at the same time combine open tibia tools in one application which makes the user edit his OT files with ease. But I agree with @up also, making a map editor in C# can take a week or even less, since there are much codes released for it and are auto work (noone can disagree with that fact) also making it in C++ would make it more portable and and more performance. However, Kornholijo is working on one in C#. I'm not going to go further more off-topic but your map editor won't beat Kornholijo's (He might be keeping it private, i have no idea. Not sure if i'm even allowed to say).

@Kornholijo keep the retarded posts coming but yes, i didn't do the rendering part at all, so there's no reason to write such post. It's obvious because I've already stated in my thread so, no shit sir.

The reason I choose C# is because I don't want to waste time messing with the retarded C++ crap. C# is simply easier, faster and more fun to work in. C++ offers portability (till a certain degree) and performance, but don't forget C# is capable of doing quite a lot as well.

However, Kornholijo is working on one in C#. I'm not going to go further more off-topic but your map editor won't beat Kornholijo's (He might be keeping it private, i have no idea. Not sure if i'm even allowed to say).
Because?

Well, it's still a project for fun :].

Such a fun discussion. :p

Here is a right-click menu concept.

1dZC4.jpg

The options menu is simply to set an item's actionid / Description and all those things.
The stack tab contains all the stack items on the tile, allows re order and that.

The recent tiles are basically a history of all your brushes/raw you have selected.

And the browser, a simple treeview or something to select brushes.

RAW gives the raw id's ofc, with the closest neighbors of you selected, incase you want to do raw borders and that kind of stuff.

Hmm fallen,tgyoshi,kornholijo you pepole are talking about 3 map editor you are makeing why not be one group and just make one better :D

And why not have C# SKILLS FIGHT i say a program you do it ;)

Lets hope this project stay alive until it's completed :)

i think he dropped the project, i think . all this flaming made him lose interest. though it's only what i think.

Here is a right-click menu concept.

1dZC4.jpg

The options menu is simply to set an item's actionid / Description and all those things.
The stack tab contains all the stack items on the tile, allows re order and that.

The recent tiles are basically a history of all your brushes/raw you have selected.

And the browser, a simple treeview or something to select brushes.

RAW gives the raw id's ofc, with the closest neighbors of you selected, incase you want to do raw borders and that kind of stuff.
Might be me, but if such a menu would pop up at right-clicking, it'd make everything insanely complicated and messy. Everyone most likely wants a simple context menu, just like any normal application. Don't forget that any mapper used his keyboard AND mouse.

Will you release the sources? Will be nice if you made it so i can add my own feature (Since it's coded in c#, will be easy for me)

Will you release the sources? Will be nice if you made it so i can add my own feature (Since it's coded in c#, will be easy for me)

Yes, I'll once this reaches some point. Then I'll dump it on git and who knows what happens =P.

Anyway, got the widely known "doodad" brushes working.

P2g9h.png

Testing a preview render (this probably doesn't reflect how it looks in Tibia itself yet, but I'm working on it to get it as close as possible).

oajZp.jpg

Besides that, also working further on the "doodad" brushes, randomization. It's possible to hold your mouse to build without destroying your mouse, and you can build by holding shift+drag for a rectangle area.

Ylso5.png

SHIT GOT REAL <3 keep it up

@down
Copycat

what exactly are you using for rendering of the map? OpenTK?
In that case you could do lighting using shader, (it aint that compicated)

Back