• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Discussion] Tibia/OpenTibia Multi-Tool Suite | Currently in Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

jo3bingham

Excellent OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
jo3bingham

Tibia/OpenTibia Multi-Tool Suite
Currently in Development
Closed-Source

Okay, let's get in to what I am working on exactly, and why.
I'm a big fan of the OpenTibia scene. I've hosted and worked with quite a few servers in the past.
Lately, however, I've noticed a slight decline in interest toward the project, and community as a whole.
We have the same problem at TProgramming where most of the good programmers are either gone or have completely lost interest in the community.
They have since been replaced by "leechers". People who don't want to learn to program, but only want everything handed to them.
I feel as though the same process is happening here; the programmers have left or lost interest and the newcomers don't want to learn how to program to help the community, but expect the few programmers that are left to do everything. And are quite rude about it, to be completely honest.

Now, while I wish I could contribute to the OpenTibia project, I unfortunately don't have the time.
This project is only being worked on in my spare time, so don't expect it to be released tomorrow, or next week, or even next month.
Basically, I'm planning on incorporating as many tools as possible, that are needed/used by the community, into a single program.
This includes, but not limited to, Data (.dat), Sprite (.spr), and Picture (.pic) editor, IP changer, MC tool, monster editor, item editor, NPC editor.

As of typing this, I currently have the code for Data, Sprite, and Picture editing completed, an IP changer, and a MC tool.
The Data, Sprite, and Picture editing works with clients 7.00-current, and the MC tool works with clients 7.10-current (7.10 is when they implemented MC-detection).
If I remember correctly, BlackDemon's TibiaEditor worked back to client 7.10, so with this you'll be able to check out the three(?) clients that prelude 7.10.
I was really hoping to have figured out the Data, Sprite, and Picture structures for the clients that prelude 7.00 by now, but unfortunately I haven't. Hopefully, in the future, I'll have them implemented so makers of 6.4 servers will be able to edit those files to their liking.
Also, the IP changer and MC tool include a nice feature that attempts to automatically locate the memory addresses from the client needed to make them operate properly, and from my tests it seems to work quite well.
Furthermore, I'm a stickler for UI and ease-of-use. So, expect this program to look like nothing you've ever seen, and be so easy to use you shouldn't need to ask.

Basically, the purpose of this thread is to ask your opinions on the matter. Do you like the idea behind the project? What features would you like to see? Any other questions? Remember, the purpose of this program is to incorporate as many tools as possible into a single tool for the benefit of OpenTibia.

Thanks For Your Time
Jo3Bingham

I can vouch for Jo3Bingham, I've respected his works on TProgramming, though I never really used the website.
It's great that you're involved the OpenTibia community and indeed, the programming community has been on a decline.
I remember back in the days on OTFans, every created their own server with their own sources and competed, Ruly was the king of his days.
It's also great that you have some much needed programs such as sprite/data editors.

I think it's great to see a new project, other than server projects, but development projects to assist other members.
I could bring a suggestion right now, but it's probably too much to ask, a mapeditor.
Remere came back in November after a long hiatus, but then just disappeared again in January.
So, we're pretty much stuck with whichever Tibia version the RME is compatible with.

Yeah, I've noticed that Remere has, for the most part, given up on his map editor. A map editor is a possibility, but, seeing as though I've never attempted one, it would probably be something that I would work on later. The premise of coding one shouldn't be too difficult, however.

Good stuff, I am interested to see how this progresses :)

Good stuff, I am interested to see how this progresses
ht1.jpg
jh.jpg
bh.jpg

Nice ;o I don't think you need to put more features, these should be enough :p
I hope you finish it!

I have updated Tibia Editor source to work as a proper dat editor, just haven't finished adding support for the market yet. But it have all the functionality of a dat editor (add new items, new sprites, edit item properties, edit item sprite images, etc) just added the stuff Brendan didn't finish adding :p

Im curious how this will look like ; D If you need any help that will save your time feel free to send me private message:)

There's no activity since 29th February 2012. This thread is closed until Jo3Bingham wants to reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back