• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient 64x64 tools

Dercas

Reaction score
Good evening,

I'm currently working on a small project which will include 64x64 sprites in 10.98 client. There's been a number of topics on the forum regarding 64x64 client, server, sprites and I trust some programs were made but all the links are dead.

The progress is not huge, we're somewhere at 20% of sprites converted & inserted into tibia.spr, here's the pic from the game:

1709685087018.png

Everything that is not bugged is in 64x64 resolution, the things bugged are still 32x32.
I couldn't really find 64x64 sprite pack so I need to work from scratch. As there's no existing tools (or links are dead) for 64x64 I must work on objectbuilder which is very likely to crash when it comes to importing/replacing a lot of sprites at the time so the process is slow.

If you have tools like sprite editor working with 64x64 or item editor working with 64x64 sprites or if you have ready 64x64 tibia.spr (10.98) please share:)

Thank you in advance,

Cheers

//edit
one more thing - if there's anyone who wants 64x64 tibia.spr for 10.98 I could share once it's finished.

i did work for almost two years in 64x64 development, at the end i did realize you can just sprite better, do a good mapping and the view will be nice. almost everything is made to work with 32x32 so i do not recommend you to spend months just to get large files of bugs.

for example items, if you want items to look bigger/nicer you need to stop doing plain objects like tibia and make the items 45xdiagonal, to non isometrical view

tutu.png

here is a example left plain items (like tibia items) and right 45xdiagonal items. also they look SUPER nice inside the client since you got the SLOTS in the right side of the client so the items will look to the left!

doing this you have more space to add details to items they look even bigger.

for the map tibia has more than 100000 sprites for mapping. and the WORLD is based in 64x64 inside the machine working animation. if you are using otclient you can just add LESS zoom and add more square tiles to the game window (so it look bigger) also u can make outfits bigger tibia does use 36x36 to 40x40 size, you can go up to 50x50 size and still will look OK cyclops are 60x60 so you can have a tough. demons are 64x64 max sixe. and still demons look DOPE because those are well designed/sprite)
Post automatically merged:

spriting tutorial by cardinale (https://otland.net/threads/spriting-tutorial-by-cardinale.284840/)

here i did show to people how to make fast sprites 45x view.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I know we're going to face hard-times when working on 64x64 but if we succeed it's worth it.

I know we could make some 32x32 badass sprites (and there's a lot of servers with great 32x32 graphics) but we've made a few custom sprites 32x32 & 64x64 and after comparing we've concluded that going with 64 will be a 'game changer'
demons are 64x64 and look great... If you were working on 64x64 dev for 2 years you should know what you can achive having a demon (or a different monster) in 128x128. It's seriously a different level of detail. & We're not working on 64x64 as we care about the size (so, the zooming in/out won't help), it's more about sprite details and possibilities.

We've got a backup plan (already tested) that will allow us run a server with 64x64 sprites and will be bug-free but it's a walk-around rather then intemplending 64x64 fully.

btw. i've sent the link with your spriting tutorial to my colleague who's taking care of making the custom sprites, he said it's v. useful:)

Acho que faremos um tutorial em breve e forneceremos as ferramentas necessárias sobre como trabalhar em sprites de 64x64 ou de qualquer tamanho. Fique atento:)
We already have tools to work with 64x64, make good use of it, credits to SkullzOT

We already have tools to work with 64x64, make good use of it, credits to SkullzOT
I've been trying to make this item editor work with my tibia.spr but it just won't let me but i've found out that i could actually use the standard 32x32 item editor for 64x64 sprites... the only difference is that you can't see the sprites in the program.
Perhaps I will try again later

Re RME for 64x64 - compiled & it works

/@edit
managed to make item editor work:)

Last edited:
Back