• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[My Solo Project] Real Map (Edited to the Max)

Leo32

Getting back into it...
Solutions
Reaction score
Project information
Name: (Currently None)
Protocol: 7.6
IP: (Currently None)
Map: 7.6 Real Map (Edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Work on the server has been cancelled. Major Error in the 7.6 Distro I've been using has halted the project.
Avesta is a new 7.6 Distro. Its promising. I may commence work soon.

My ultimate plan is to make a perfect 7.6 server. I have already implemented all the new 7.7+ sprites and items into the server. I have also added alot of custom sprites.

The server will be based on the Real Tibia map (7.6 version). Every detail of the existing map will be upgraded. And tonnes of new areas will be added. Every spawn, EVERY part of the map will be revamped. All of the new monsters will be added. All he new loot has already been added.

The server will not have extremely high stages. The exp rate will be 10x - 20x, It will be a proper RPG. The Npcs will look like proper medieval Npcs. The Npcs will be as advanced as The Real Tibia npcs.

Currently I am the only one working on the server. So it will take a while to complete. I am a very good mapper and scripter. But I can't source edit. So I am looking for source editor to help me complete the advanced stages of the server.

Progress
Sprites
[||||||||||||||||||||||]
Map:
[||||||||||||||||||||||]
Action Scripts:
[||||||||||||||||||||||]
Npcs:
[||||||||||||||||||||||]

Overall:
[|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||]

Edit:
I take no credit for the sprites on my server. A few of them are Somni's and I give him full credit.
Although I did not have permission to use them. I did not know I had to ask to use somone sprites, I thought that was why people made/posted them. I do intend to get alot more sprites for the server, and I will certainly get permission before I use them.

Somni has said I am allowed to use his sprites so long as I give him full credit. Which I will.

Somni's Sprite Thread (He is the best spriter I have seen to-date)
Somni's Sprites - Tibiacity Forum

Edit:
The server will obivously be a custom client, based on the 7.6 client. The reason I am using the 7.6 client is because it is my favourite. 7.6 servers take skill. You can't just sit there and press f2 continuously and get lvl 200. 7.6 is hard. 7.6 is great.

Also, 7.6 has basically no bots. So no one can cheat on my server, I intend to make the server very serious, very detailed, and of a very high quality.

Screenshots
The Screenshots are very basic. It has taken me a while to implement all the new items. All the new costumes (player and creature) have been added.

Note: There are tonnes of extra items added, These are just a few:
myserver2sq2.png

Slingshot. It will be the starting weapon for Paladins. It will also double as their training weapon.

myserver1fq9.png

All the new animations and weapon effects have been added.
myserver3og4.png

myserver4il9.png

Permission from Spriters;
In case anyone else doesn't read the above and page 2,
I gave the owner of this server permission to use my sprites.

Last edited:
sounds nice :eek: if i got it right your making a 7.6 custom client and add alot of newer sprites?

what cipsoft should've done years ago...

You are going to get killed dude for stealing a weapon sprite from you know who

NOT ONLY 1 WEAPON SPRITE! lol even walls
Dude...

Last edited:
I ask that you stop using my sprite graphics immediately. Those works are copyrighted to me and me only. You have no right to use them without my permission.

Take off the dark plaster walls, the Naginata, the Imperial Katana, and the assassin legs. I do not know what else you have stolen from me but take them off as well.

If you would have asked the situation would have been different.
If you are going to use custom sprites from sprite artists you should ALWAYS ask for permission. At least you should give credit to all the artists who created those custom sprites.

-Somni

Looks cool leo im sure that you will make cool server because your great but im sad because i dont have 7.6 cilent lol

I am new to making clients. And adding sprites and editing everything has been alot of fun for me.

So far everything has worked perfectly. I am exremely good and scripting and mapping but I have come across a few roadblocks.

7.6 servers have an itemid limit of 5089. And I can't figure out how to lengthen it. Im not sure if it's server sided (Meaning its because of the server I am using) Or if its just how the 7.6 client had been made etc..

Although, as I said, I can script and map perfectly. But I cannot source edit (Which is basically vital for 7.6 servers) and I havn't ever hex edited in my life.

My other roadblock is.
Currently I am using the deadtouch server. It is comletely stable except for the fact that, If you drag an item onto a window that is above the ground. The server will crash. I have edited the windows so you cannot throw items on them, But you also cannot through items through them. Which is a big downfall. I want the server to be of a very high quality. I don't want it to have any bugs like this.

Its been hard so far, I've already been flamed by infernus. (No I have not used any of his sprites, or any sprites from anyone he knows for that matter) and I know I will probably anger some other spriters for using their sprites. But it is hard to contact them to ask for their permission. I do not intend to wait 5 days to get a response from somone to use 1 lone sprite. I will try to get permission from as many of the spriters as I can.

This is for the spriters out there:
I do not intend to take any credit for your sprites, I am not using anybody's sprites in a malicious way. My intention is just to make the best 7.6 server out there, and I am having alot of fun doing it.

Thanks for the support. Love ya all ;)

- Leo32

You are going to get killed dude for stealing a weapon sprite from you know who

NOT ONLY 1 WEAPON SPRITE! lol even walls
Dude...

It has been all been sorted, everything is fine.
And by the way, you seem to have your nose in everything OT hiperkarma, You seem to know everything, about everything. Who are you, what are you? I swear. You must be Steve himself.

Edit: Steve is the Head of Cipsoft. I you didn't know.

Another Edit:
The reason I am basing the map on the 7.6 Real map. Is because everybody knows their way around the real map. They know where all the basic spawns are, and they can also explore and find the thousands of extra/new spawns I will add.
It is also a lot more fun and a little bit easier to revamp exisiting areas. It took me 3-4 days to fix all the mountains on the map. And im sure I have missed alot too.

Custom maps are great, But making them from scratch takes up way to much time. This is a solo job. I do not trust anyone enough to help me with the server. And I want the server to be just the way I want it to be.
As I always say "Getting Level 100 should be an Achievement, not a Requirement."

Last edited:
Make sure you DO NOT add the new trading system......

Edit: Maybe you wanna try making something cool: Re-Map for example Thais, keep the style but give the city a new look. Or Ab, Carlin etc..

Last edited:
Make sure you DO NOT add the new trading system......

Edit: Maybe you wanna try making something cool: Re-Map for example Thais, keep the style but give the city a new look. Or Ab, Carlin etc..

Already done that. Lol. (No I havn't made the new npc system. That requires alot of source editing. Which i will not do. Lol)

So Far all the sprites are Done. If I may add new ones later. But I'll work on the map before I add any more sprites.

I finally got all the new corpses in and working. All I need to is create the new monsters spells, Then they will be done. Then I just need to work on the map. Add some new quests. Add some scripts and the server should be done.

Edit: Oh, I'm also going to manually create the Npcs all over again. So they are more realistic. Respond to 'offer' etc. So everyone can figure out what he sells what he does, and knows his story.

Every Npc will have their own story. So Everyone knows why they are doing what they are doing, so people can have an opinion of the NPC and to give it a real RPG feel

Although the mapping will take forever. And I'll probably end up wasting all my time fiddling with scripts. :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not every new item has been implemented. Items that I don't like and don't fit in with the style of the server hasn't been added. For example: Blue legs havn't been added because they are to light, to good for a 7.6 server.

I want the equiptment to be balanced. The best eq will stay as a full rare set (Mpa, g legs, mms, demon helm)
Because I want the server feel to stay as Real as possible. I don't want it to be like Goobers. Where u get a mpa. And everyone around you goes. "Uh, so what? everyone has mpas. You need to get a gooberz armzor" "You see a gooberz armzor arm:8039. It weighs 0.01 oz."

And it loots uber crap. You'd rather wear a leather armor then be caught dead in that.

Last edited:
If you search world of tibia forum i think there was a guy who made a blue legs sprite which matched to blue robe...

Stolen? How can a sprite be liked if nobody can use his sprites?

I mean, if I would be a spriter, and made a nice sprite, then later on entering many ots, and see they have added that sprite to their custom client, that would rather make me feel happy, than hateful. Knowing what I did wasn't in vain, ppl actually likes it.

I simply cant understand the spriters theese days :S, getting pissd of becuase a guy use their sprites, shoud rather be an enjoyment.

If a spriter wants to have his sprites for himself, then don't release the pics?

Stolen? How can a sprite be liked if nobody can use his sprites?

I mean, if I would be a spriter, and made a nice sprite, then later on entering many ots, and see they have added that sprite to their custom client, that would rather make me feel happy, than hateful. Knowing what I did wasn't in vain, ppl actually likes it.

I simply cant understand the spriters theese days :S, getting pissd of becuase a guy use their sprites, shoud rather be an enjoyment.

If a spriter wants to have his sprites for himself, then don't release the pics?

what you say is true, but when people take your work without your consent then that angers me as well as many other artists.
Obviously I am glad people like my sprites enough to implement them in their ots, that's wonderful, but they first need to notify me. Why? Cuz I made em, they are mine and I wanna make sure ppl ain't stealin em and claiming it's theirs.

This has happened to me many times, which is why I ceased showing my latest graphics in OT forums. People take my graphics without permission thinking they can getaway, and people report what they did to me. See? Now it's alot of trouble and a big mess. I have to chase them and demand they stop using them.

This OT is an exception cuz I allowed him to use them after having a conversation.

btw what's the major differences between 8.0-8.2 and 7.6?
Is it outfits? Is it the hotkey system?
As far as I can see, you are upgrading the map and graphics but leaving it a 7.6 server and if what you are aiming for is to have nicer graphics then you should've just done it in 8.1
but thing is idk really what 7.6 is cuz I never played it.

7.6 Doesn't have the autoaim hotkey system.

7.6 Required skill. And there as no effective bots for 7.6 So people can't use any programs to cheat.

Im adding the new sprites. But I'm trying to keep the 7.6 feel. I know the server might lose its 7.6 feel since im adding 8.2 sprites in it. But it's more about doing something different. I don't want my server to just be another lame copy cat server that everyone has. I want my server to be unique. I want people to remember this server, as a quality server. As something different.

And most importantly, I'm just looking for some fun. So far I've had some awesome fun making this server.

All in all, the main reason in making it 7.6 is because people won't be able to bot on it. And people can't just spam f2 and automatically sd everything. Monsters will be a challenge. Leveling will be a challenge, and most of all. It will be fun ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Znote.

Yeah I think the same thing. I didn't even know using released sprites was disrespectful. I thought that was the sole purpose of why they made and released them.

If I made sprites I would be overjoyed to see them being used in a server.

But then again I can see the it through the eyes of the spriters. They worked hard on their sprites. They don't want some random 8 year olds taking credits for their spriters. Spriters are judged by their talent and reputation.

Although spriters need to take into account that if the sprites are being used in a server, they are recieving publicicty. They should be encouraging people to use their sprites. The more the people see your sprites. The better reputation you'll get as a spriter.

But also, No one wants to see their sprites on a shabby server. I'd be ashamed to see my sprites on a server like doggystyle.no-ip.org (If you don't know what that server is. Then good. Ignorance is Bliss)
But if you do know what that server is. Then.... Your probably throwing up, while your reading this.

Last edited:
If you post something on a forum is like putting your wallet on the ground in a city and leave a note: "Please don't steal my wallet."

You can never be sure if people will "steal" your sprite and if they give you credits or not...

If you post something on a forum is like putting your wallet on the ground in a city and leave a note: "Please don't steal my wallet."

You can never be sure if people will "steal" your sprite and if they give you credits or not...

Except spriters don't put "Please don't steal my sprites on the threads"

So it's more like leaving a $50 note in the middle of a mall. How would the person who picked it up know it was stealing. They left it there. For everyone to see, like he wanted somone to pick it up.

Then a cop starts harrassing you. THATS NOT YOUR $50. THAT MONEY BELONGS TO THE POPE!

Then they arrest you. stick a bag over your head. And kick the shit out of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note: This is a metaphor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bestiary:

Pope = The Spriter
Cops = Other spriters or a forum moderator.
The poor dude who thought he got lucky with $50 = You

-----------------------------------------------------------------

There is great 7.6 bot :eek: I think to ATP when i say this lol. Humm, gonna look if i can retrieve it out on google! Heheheheh.

Atp was working fine :O Me and my friend was pwning war server so hard with it lol :p There was even some server without exaust and we was throwing 100sd/second lol :p

Back