• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

My first PS try xD

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
I'm not a designer, and have never used photoshop before. :p
(But this year I'm gonna have to learn it because of my studies). :<

braste102.jpg

Everything is so big xd
Try to stick with a color scheme :p Not just one xd makes it looks wierd xd

mmmm... no

contact text isn't aligned with the others text's buttons [1], and home and download button isn't aligned with the other 2 buttons [2], buttons background is aligned with main text background [3], footer background isn't well aligned with background of buttons [4].

Later you could have put a better background than a black bg, maybe something like a stars bg or something.

The structure of main text reveals too much moon at the right than left [5], so you could extend a bit more and finally the space between footer and main bg and the space between main bg and the buttons isn't the same, and right and left spaces aren't the same [6].

But for the first time is pretty nice, you will improve your skills just skilling so don't desist, also you could see some tutorials for learn some tips

Just are a small details that breake the harmony of the layout :)

mmmm... no

contact text isn't aligned with the others text's buttons [1], and home and download button isn't aligned with the other 2 buttons [2], buttons background is aligned with main text background [3], footer background isn't well aligned with background of buttons [4].

Later you could have put a better background than a black bg, maybe something like a stars bg or something.

The structure of main text reveals too much moon at the right than left [5], so you could extend a bit more and finally the space between footer and main bg and the space between main bg and the buttons isn't the same, and right and left spaces aren't the same [6].

But for the first time is pretty nice, you will improve your skills just skilling so don't desist, also you could see some tutorials for learn some tips

Just are a small details that breake the harmony of the layout :)

Ahh yeah, thanks. :) Was kinda rushing it and didnt pay attention to such details. D:

use a ruler menz :3 and round your buttons, most people like rounded buttons, that is why Apple changed their sliding buttons to a circle :p XD

To make a creative evaluation of your design I would say:
- In navigation you should use font size 12-11px which is alright and you got things like sharpen, smooth etc use first option (blank or something cant remember it and photoshop switched off).
- For colors use kuler.adobe.com
- To get familiar with photoshop please use: Adobe Photoshop Tutorials from Beginner to Advanced | Psdtuts+
- To get ideas please use deviantart.com

I think that would help you in futher webdesigns,

Regards,
Troxet

tumblr_m9c4kuQwO21qlrd7ko1_500.png

Basically, get the rulers out by turning them on, then to get the blue lines click and drag in the ruler onto the canvas, horizontal lines come from the top ruler, vertical from the left ruler.

To remove them use the moving tool, and just drag them back into the ruler
Pretty sure when you have rulers, layers will snap too if you drag them close enough :eek:

Ohh, awesume. :3

well, photoshop have an auto quadrate (?) and if you see carefully the layers, you don't need to use that

tumblr_m9c4kuQwO21qlrd7ko1_500.png

Basically, get the rulers out by turning them on, then to get the blue lines click and drag in the ruler onto the canvas, horizontal lines come from the top ruler, vertical from the left ruler.

To remove them use the moving tool, and just drag them back into the ruler
Pretty sure when you have rulers, layers will snap too if you drag them close enough :eek:

Or you could just press CTRL + R

I see that everybody is helpful here, so let me be too!
As you can see your home text is not centered with the button below it. To center them each other, select text layer and button layer (crtl+left click) then choose move tool(v) and then in the top panel you will have few icons like align verticaly etc.

Btw. bevel&emboss sucks :D At least in default way.

I don't know, I actually like it dispite how plain and old style it looks :p Nice job though xD

I don't know, I actually like it dispite how plain and old style it looks :p Nice job though xD

Hehe, it looks a bit retro. :D

I see that everybody is helpful here, so let me be too!
As you can see your home text is not centered with the button below it. To center them each other, select text layer and button layer (crtl+left click) then choose move tool(v) and then in the top panel you will have few icons like align verticaly etc.

Btw. bevel&emboss sucks :D At least in default way.

Thanks for the tip! :D

Back