• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Making your first ots

kibo433

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I would like to fulfill a childhood dream about making my own ots. In my purpose is low rate rpg server with custom map in 8.6 protocol (beacause I have end my adventure with tibia then). For this moment I make a dummie server from TFS 1.5 downgrade by Nekiro. I have compiled engine and have made ACC Maker (Znote) and have made some map areas. Everything have been made by helping this forum community (Thanks you very match, OTlanders!). At the moment I would try to make some NPC's, other scripts, some data pack generally and slowly building my dummie ots. Here is my question, because I'm not good at IT. If I compiled engine and have some data pack from others projects, I will must compile this engine again? I don't know well what is this compilation for? Make some lua scripts to data pack isn't enough? I'm noob in this issue.

Last edited:
If you are doing any change in "src" folder then you must re-compile your server to apply these changes, otherwise not.

If you are doing any change in "src" folder then you must re-compile your server to apply these changes, otherwise not.
Can you explain me what kind of changes for example? I expect this is a change the protocol and what else?

Can you explain me what kind of changes for example? I expect this is a change the protocol and what else?
To say it simply anything that is of format .h, .cpp when changed will require recompiling.

Using some datapack, adding/editing lua scripts etc. wont require that.

Back