• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ 1.3 8.60 , player online - lag server

Lbtg

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Hello, again...

So there are some players when they are online they are causing server to lag/freeze, if i kick does players and they login again, freeze/lag is fixed...

Any idea to know with player is lagging/freezing the server ?

Any idea why the lags/freezes can come from X player ?

Please help me out

Hello, again...

So there are some players when they are online they are causing server to lag/freeze, if i kick does players and they login again, freeze/lag is fixed...

Any idea to know with player is lagging/freezing the server ?

Any idea why the lags/freezes can come from X player ?

Please help me out

Can you confirm that the problem is solved 100% after the player has relogged? Or will the players cause lag/freeze after some time online after relog?

Can you confirm that the problem is solved 100% after the player has relogged? Or will the players cause lag/freeze after some time online after relog?
Correct.

After relog, the lag is fixed, but after XX time lag/freeze comes back... :(
Post automatically merged:

and i can't find who does the lag, i kick all players lags fixed.

Sometimes i have found who was lagging so kicked them fixed problem, now i can't find who is lagging, trying kick player after player, cant figure it out..

Im not actualy sure its players, but if i kick all players out of game Lags 100% fixed, and i i find player X and kick him out, lags aswell fixed :(

Last edited:
If you know the player name check it up on the database 'player storages', I had a similar bug once, caused by players storage value being too much (large amount of numbers added to the storage) caused by bad scripts giving storage everytime script was used.

If its not that I would suggest to actually find the cause for the problem :)

Also, if I remember right, some scripts may cause this if you use /reload all

If you know the player name check it up on the database 'player storages', I had a similar bug once, caused by players storage value being too much (large amount of numbers added to the storage) caused by bad scripts giving storage everytime script was used.

How i can know if there is to much storages to player ? i mean i will look at database but how can i understand ?
But the thing is now i tryed to kick player that did lag before, and nothing changes, i kicked all players and server start run smooth...

also i got one bug, one player getting much more experience than all other with same exp rate. :DD... this might be the storage thing to.. i guess
Post automatically merged:

storages.png

an example, of player storages in database.
How i can watch player storages and understand with ones is like fuked up, looking at this 40 pages at storages , doesnt give me any hint :D... i dont get what im llooking for

Meybe you know what for stand KEY and VALUE ( value i think is storage number given right ? )

Last edited:
Most of the time storage value is set for example: start mission you have storage 1, after complete you add +1 so total value is 2. If the storage is used to count monster kills it could be Value: 100 for killing 100x creature. I don't think it should have a number that is incredibly high like in some of the rows from your picture, 10 digits seems like a lot..

Maybe check how these values where added by looking into scripts that use that storage.

Most of the time storage value is set for example: start mission you have storage 1, after complete you add +1 so total value is 2. If the storage is used to count monster kills it could be Value: 100 for killing 100x creature. I don't think it should have a number that is incredibly high like in some of the rows from your picture, 10 digits seems like a lot..

Maybe check how these values where added by looking into scripts that use that storage.
so my database/players is fuked up, by some scripts mostly , right ?

so my database/players is fuked up, by some scripts mostly , right ?
I can't confirm that it's the database values, but I would say that it is because of some script not working properly. Have you recently added something that may have caused this?

I can't confirm that it's the database values, but I would say that it is because of some script not working properly. Have you recently added something that may have caused this?
Not realy, this seems to be from start of making the ot, but it happend more rare aas few people was playing, now i have 15+ active players , and this problem comes every 6-60 hours +-

Have you tried this?

Have you tried this?

nope, i havent tryed it.

i guess i shoud ^^

Keep in mind 8.6 is very lagable aswell, you have to make things exhaust besides limiting packets per second, just take OTX 2 as example, it has exhaust even onLogout because they know how abusable is elfbot

That does not leave aside that you may have a bad script
For example, a talkaction bad scripted in combination with no exhausted at all could be lagging the server

Last edited:
Back