• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.40] Mystera 5(aka EvoRPG) final release

Status
Not open for further replies.
this datapack would be great if it works with the TFS 1.2, however... its a nice map and datapack!

this datapack would be great if it works with the TFS 1.2, however... its a nice map and datapack!
I don't recommend using this rev, it had bug with cloning housetiles caused by loadmap function

Old build which was compatible with this datapack

Is there documentation or somewhere written what are the custom features with this datapack?
If there is anything I would remotely see useful for me, I would convert it to TFS 1.2 and give it back as converted and refactored + improvements (although prolly most improvements might remain unusable, because they are specially made for Whi World.)

Is there documentation or somewhere written what are the custom features with this datapack?
If there is anything I would remotely see useful for me, I would convert it to TFS 1.2 and give it back as converted and refactored + improvements (although prolly most improvements might remain unusable, because they are specially made for Whi World.)
There is a link at the first page which relates to the servers features but then again there aren't really listed any:
http://otland.net/threads/10-31-tfs-1-0-evorpg-by-zbizu-v5.207163/

check readme folder, you might find something useful in valueindex - list of storages and actionids/uids used by scripts

Aight, well downloaded datapack to see readme, but these storage values hold no information for someone like me.
ID -- chest : doesn't say anything to me xD, and all your ID's are made like that.

This is an example how my storage Values are made: A little more information wouldn't be too much.
hitCooldown = 10001, -- weapon cooldown
tutorialKey = 10002, -- key from sand digging room to open up the door there.
hardcoreLives = 10003, -- stores player Hardcore Lives.
BanditMountain = 10004, -- Has player found Bandit Mountain?
CyclopsDungeon = 10005, -- Has player found Cyclops Dungeon?
missionsQuestlog = 10006, -- Questlog category missions.
tasksQuestlog = 10007, -- Questlog category tasks.
questsQuestlog = 10008, -- Questlog category quests.
fireDam = 10009, -- COMBAT_FIREDAMAGE
Anyway, Looked trough the ToDo list too. Sadly i dont speak "Tibia".
Words like:
Softy, król, Roshamuul ring no spells for me.

Anyway went extra mile and checked data pack to find something interesting. (actions, creaturescripts and talkactions)
Didn't find anything remotely useful from these folders, I guess this is why you have no list of features.
Did notice the special food, but well I already have food system.

Although your scripts do look good (a bit too many repeated copy pasted lines what could be looped) but good never the less. Easy to understand them even if I don't use nor know the "old" TFS functions.

Upgrading your TFS to 1.2 would do good for you, because my gosh... you do not like to order your scripts at all xD, they are just huge mess.
Although I'm not sure are you ever going to plan your own server or make the same data folder bigger, but if you do you need some order there.
If you have more than 20 files in same folder (if its in folder at all xD) then you might want to look into it.
Also having quest scripts or some system scripts where scripts do different things, but for same quest/system. You might aswell put the into same file.
Although this is I guess personal view of things. I just like to see overall, and when something specific function is required to find then there is "find in files" option.

When making scripts and storing them, you should think that what if someone else has to find that script and change it.
This is of course long term process to keep making this goal better, because I rewrite some of my scripts like 4th time now, because I either I made it too complicated or hard to config.

Most of scripts from mystera were released in resources board.
Some scripts are old, some are written badly ("if it works, but it's stupid, it ain't stupid").
tbh, I'm not a proffessional programmer, just an amateur who knows a lot about tfs functions
I write scripts since 7.6, learnt plenty of things myself and playd on global much.
This is why I can do some scripting.
Of course it's not an excuse. Thank you for pointing that out, it will make my future datapacks better.
todo.txt was shared by accident, it wasn't supposed to be there

When I was building this datapack I thought about keeping scripts for myself. I didn't expect other scripters to work with me.
After I found out that I didn't had time to keep working on it I decided to post it(originally v5 was supposed to be last release of my datapack and things such as dungeon generator or bomberman minigame were meant to be only for mystera). This is why data organization is so shitty there. Sorry about that.

Most of scripts from mystera were released in resources board.
Some scripts are old, some are written badly ("if it works, but it's stupid, it ain't stupid").
tbh, I'm not a proffessional programmer, just an amateur who knows a lot about tfs functions
I write scripts since 7.6, learnt plenty of things myself and playd on global much.
This is why I can do some scripting.
Of course it's not an excuse. Thank you for pointing that out, it will make my future datapacks better.
todo.txt was shared by accident, it wasn't supposed to be there

When I was building this datapack I thought about keeping scripts for myself. I didn't expect other scripters to work with me.
After I found out that I didn't had time to keep working on it I decided to post it(originally v5 was supposed to be last release of my datapack and things such as dungeon generator or bomberman minigame were meant to be only for mystera). This is why data organization is so shitty there. Sorry about that.
do not sorry, this datapack is a great release and people dont understand it, cus it's ur datapack you must update it? i dont think so, cus of that I started to learn properly how to read and write those scripts, now im studying something related to it and im really proud of people like you who released those files.
thanks btw.

compared to TFS datapack its better of course because more stuff.
But since it was my first datapack I downloaded from OTLand I though I give my honest feedback about it in case zbizu wants to continue improving it.

Working on something better already :)
still evo
it will be better to explore and play for both rpg players and those who only run between tp room and dp
of course it will include updated Mystera scripts

Lua Script Error: [GlobalEvent Interface]
data/globalevents/scripts/text.lua:eek:nThink
data/globalevents/scripts/text.lua:16: attempt to call global 'getSpectators' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'getSpectators'
data/globalevents/scripts/text.lua:16: in function <data/globalevents/scripts/text.lua:13>
[Error - GlobalEvents::think] Failed to execute event: text

How can i fix this? im beggining on this world, sorry ;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back