• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

the crash is caused by npcs.. try get the npcs from forgottenserver...
just to test, leave your server on, it will be stable for hours
C:
I've downloaded build #745 from nightlies and the server were stable for hours.
Today when I've run the server it crashed again (#745 build).

Thanks for your answer. I'm going to test NPCs right now. I'll contribute if I found any solution.

Use the 86x(32bit) version insted.
And work with 3.75GB? No. Thank you. I may compile it on any linux and test again later.

Thanks for your answer. I'm going to test NPCs right now. I'll contribute if I found any solution.

And work with 3.75GB? No. Thank you. I may compile it on any linux and test again later.
any progress put in github all want resolve this
thanks

any progress put in github all want resolve this
thanks
Of course I will.
The server is running on hamachi from my computer to test the NPCs. I've updated NPC library and few errors printed on console were fixed. (still crashes).
Now running with TFS default NPCs. I'll check NPC by NPC until it is done.
You can join game at network: ExecutionTS Password: exec Address: 25.151.97.158

Yes, I know. Hamachi sucks. But there is no other way.

In that case prepare to fix alot of bugs in the NPC system, most 10.x rlmaps run on 32bit (atleast those that are based on ORTS and that's most of them).

In that case prepare to fix alot of bugs in the NPC system, most 10.x rlmaps run on 32bit (atleast those that are based on ORTS and that's most of them).
Is it a TFS source bug?

Probably they should invest some time and acquire knowledge to fix that. Some kind of people just do always the same thing: download datapack, pay someone to configure a dedicated server and wait until their wallet is filled up, then bring the server down. Maybe I'm wrong. What you think?
I'll try to fix that for the community.
I think there's a problem with a unique or more NPC scripts/xml and/or their respawn.
22:03 Uptime: 0 hours and 54 minutes.
Got this without NPCs respawned. I'm using latest NPC library.

Is it a TFS source bug?

Probably they should invest some time and acquire knowledge to fix that. Some kind of people just do always the same thing: download datapack, pay someone to configure a dedicated server and wait until their wallet is filled up, then bring the server down. Maybe I'm wrong. What you think?
I'll try to fix that for the community.
I think there's a problem with a unique or more NPC scripts/xml and/or their respawn.

Got this without NPCs respawned. I'm using latest NPC library.

Ive tested it already, the server was stable for 48h~ without any NPCs, but with the NPCs it crashes pretty quickly.
It's true what you say, this project has generated ALOT of money, I always charge more when ppl want help with rl maps that has nothing done to them aka download and run.
Some people have invested some time trying to find it and I rescripted my old NPCs and got it working, but they are way to outdated now so it's probbly a waste of time looking into them.
What ive heard from Mark is that the ORTS team say it's the NPC lib system, try to start it with the TFS one (you will get alot of errors, if it even starts xD) but that way you can see if it's an NPC script or the NPC libs.

wow, how they run great maps in 32 bits? 32 bits not have a limit of RAM memory ? and to run a great map need alots of RAM .-.
i'm sorry if I'm saying shit but I have this question

Hello.
Code:
11:57 Uptime: 13 hours and 3 minutes.
Running with shops and boat NPCs only.
PS: ORTS NPC lib and ORTS default NPCs. TFS 1.2
I'm going to university now.
See ya!

wow, how they run great maps in 32 bits? 32 bits not have a limit of RAM memory ? and to run a great map need alots of RAM .-.
i'm sorry if I'm saying shit but I have this question

Well the problem is only on windows (I think) and it's very rare that a windows hosted server gets any higher amount of players IMO.
But you can ofc have an rlmap running with 50-100 players surely on 32bit, but after that it might be abit harder :p

Why do we need this?
Code:
local voices = {
   { text = 'I am a MAN! Get me out you drunken fools!' },
   { text = 'GET ME OUT OF HERE!' },
   { text = 'Get me out! It was all part of the plan, you fools!' },
   { text = 'If I ever get out of here, I\'ll kill you all! All of you!' },
   { text = 'I am NOT Princess Lumelia, you fools!' },
   { text = 'Get a locksmith and free me or you will regret it, you foolish pirates!' },
   { text = 'I am not a princess, I am an actor!' }
}
Code:
-- VoiceModule
VoiceModule = {
   voices = nil,
   voiceCount = 0,
   lastVoice = 0,
   timeout = nil,
   chance = nil,
   npcHandler = nil
}

-- Creates a new instance of VoiceModule
function VoiceModule:new(voices, timeout, chance)
   local obj = {}
   setmetatable(obj, self)
   self.__index = self

obj.voices = voices
   for i = 1, #obj.voices do
     if obj.voices[i].yell then
       obj.voices[i].yell = nil
       obj.voices[i].talktype = TALKTYPE_YELL
     else
       obj.voices[i].talktype = TALKTYPE_SAY
     end
   end

obj.voiceCount = #voices
   obj.timeout = timeout or 10
   obj.chance = chance or 25
   return obj
end

function VoiceModule:init(handler)
   return true
end

function VoiceModule:callbackOnThink()
   if self.lastVoice < os.time() then
     self.lastVoice = os.time() + self.timeout
     if math.random(100) < self.chance  then
       local voice = self.voices[math.random(self.voiceCount)]
       Npc():say(voice.text, voice.talktype)
     end
   end
   return true
end
I think it's unnecessary. I don't want talking NPCs. It don't need to be identical to global. They just need to work as intended.
This should save server resources. Am I wrong?

Code:
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Chhchh?")
Why do we need custom greet message?
This is already set as default on npchandler.lua:

Code:
      -- These are the default replies of all npcs. They can/should be changed individually for each npc.
       [MESSAGE_GREET]     = "Greetings, |PLAYERNAME|.",
       [MESSAGE_FAREWELL]    = "Good bye, |PLAYERNAME|.",
I don't need that too. As I've said, they just need to work as intended.

The server still online with all shop NPCs and ORTS NPC lib.

Well the problem is only on windows (I think) and it's very rare that a windows hosted server gets any higher amount of players IMO.
But you can ofc have an rlmap running with 50-100 players surely on 32bit, but after that it might be abit harder :p
Well, thinking about it, one time I install in my pc 4 GB of ram an ubuntu 14.04 he run all my memory, I will ask for my professor about it to be sure ...

Why do we need this?
Code:
local voices = {
   { text = 'I am a MAN! Get me out you drunken fools!' },
   { text = 'GET ME OUT OF HERE!' },
   { text = 'Get me out! It was all part of the plan, you fools!' },
   { text = 'If I ever get out of here, I\'ll kill you all! All of you!' },
   { text = 'I am NOT Princess Lumelia, you fools!' },
   { text = 'Get a locksmith and free me or you will regret it, you foolish pirates!' },
   { text = 'I am not a princess, I am an actor!' }
}
Code:
-- VoiceModule
VoiceModule = {
   voices = nil,
   voiceCount = 0,
   lastVoice = 0,
   timeout = nil,
   chance = nil,
   npcHandler = nil
}

-- Creates a new instance of VoiceModule
function VoiceModule:new(voices, timeout, chance)
   local obj = {}
   setmetatable(obj, self)
   self.__index = self

obj.voices = voices
   for i = 1, #obj.voices do
     if obj.voices[i].yell then
       obj.voices[i].yell = nil
       obj.voices[i].talktype = TALKTYPE_YELL
     else
       obj.voices[i].talktype = TALKTYPE_SAY
     end
   end

obj.voiceCount = #voices
   obj.timeout = timeout or 10
   obj.chance = chance or 25
   return obj
end

function VoiceModule:init(handler)
   return true
end

function VoiceModule:callbackOnThink()
   if self.lastVoice < os.time() then
     self.lastVoice = os.time() + self.timeout
     if math.random(100) < self.chance  then
       local voice = self.voices[math.random(self.voiceCount)]
       Npc():say(voice.text, voice.talktype)
     end
   end
   return true
end
I think it's unnecessary. I don't want talking NPCs. It don't need to be identical to global. They just need to work as intended.
This should save server resources. Am I wrong?

Code:
npcHandler:setMessage(MESSAGE_GREET, "Chhchh?")
Why do we need custom greet message?
This is already set as default on npchandler.lua:

Code:
      -- These are the default replies of all npcs. They can/should be changed individually for each npc.
       [MESSAGE_GREET]     = "Greetings, |PLAYERNAME|.",
       [MESSAGE_FAREWELL]    = "Good bye, |PLAYERNAME|.",
I don't need that too. As I've said, they just need to work as intended.

The server still online with all shop NPCs and ORTS NPC lib.

It was added not long ago, so I doubt that is the problem.
It's a thing the project will keep since they want to (I guess) be as close to RL as posible.
If you want it to be diffrent then you have to edit the code yourself.

Well, thinking about it, one time I install in my pc 4 GB of ram an ubuntu 14.04 he run all my memory, I will ask for my professor about it to be sure ...

Using TFS?
I have never had any issues at all on linux with ORTS or any other OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using TFS?
I have never had any issues at all on linux with ORTS or any other OT.
tonight I'll format my computer again, put dual boot and see how it behaves, but I'm sure that ORTS is a good data pack .. any problem I report here, and will report the anwers from my professor about the use memory of linux 32 bits

tonight I'll format my computer again, put dual boot and see how it behaves, but I'm sure that ORTS is a good data pack .. any problem I report here, and will report the anwers from my professor about the use memory of linux 32 bits

Well in aspect it isen't so good xD
But the map is and it's something you can base a great server on if you have the time and experience.

Well in aspect it isen't so good xD
But the map is and it's something you can base a great server on if you have the time and experience.
I have a map with 130 mb, very very edited C: new caves and I'm creating more, new quests to get some new outfits and mounts :3 I'm thinking in all, but I don't have time, and a good pc to run my map '-' and don't have a dedicated server to run he for me :/
is so much sad to be poor

It was added not long ago, so I doubt that is the problem.
It's a thing the project will keep since they want to (I guess) be as close to RL as posible.
If you want it to be diffrent then you have to edit the code yourself.
And that's what I'm doing, sir.
I'll remove unnecessary NPCs that have no really a purpose to be there (non-scripted npcs). By this way I'll to reduce the target NPCs that might have a problem that causes the server crash by doing a list and checking every NPC 1 by 1.
That's ok if they want to be close to global as possible, but I don't. I want the server to work smooth as possible. 8)

Bring me more coffee, sir!

Back