• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

Im trying to add sth scripts like crafting or dual wield weapon or reward chest but with no result, no errors, but in reward chest still had depot locker.

Everything works super fine with me, Im using the lates complied forgottenserver.
I only seem to have one issue, When i run the server sometimes the monsters will freeze or stop running for a milisecond.
its like their slow in trying to find the closest path to me.. Im running the server in "realtime" proscessor priority.

Also i have a i7 Six Core CPU with 32GB ram.
network connection is 100/50 mbit.

When i had this issue before its only been the performance of the PC thats been weak. but this seems diffrent. because i can move fine. and other creatures walks while one might freeze completly and be still for 2 seconds..

Any ideas?

Anyone know what this might be? is it a source issue or can it be the creature files?
here is a video i created to better show u the issue. its kind of hard to explain -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWUYA6_trMg

Hello all, does anyone have a Znote AAC file setup so that I can have the real world houses in the znote website? It currently displays some other data. I don't know how else to buy houses!

Everything works super fine with me, Im using the lates complied forgottenserver.
I only seem to have one issue, When i run the server sometimes the monsters will freeze or stop running for a milisecond.
its like their slow in trying to find the closest path to me.. Im running the server in "realtime" proscessor priority.

When i had this issue before its only been the performance of the PC thats been weak. but this seems diffrent. because i can move fine. and other creatures walks while one might freeze completly and be still for 2 seconds..

Any ideas?

https://otland.net/threads/weird-monster-behaviour-in-tfs-1-1.228021/#post-2200365

Any ideas?

Peonso linked the solution. Still even after doing that there is still some issues with how the monsters attack and that solution is here: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/1305

I really think that they should fix monsters walking behaviour and their attack behaviours into the official release of TFS, I find it extremely annoying to play on servers that haven't bothered to fixing these issues which is like 90% of all 10.x servers =_= It's really quite weird how we could have good monster behaviour on all other distros even back in 7.6 days and now in 2015 the monster AI is total garbage.

Thank you so much! i compiled a new 64bit version with the changes in that post, and its amazing. it fixed it..
This has been bugging me for weeks. :p

NEW QUESTION: This might be a stupid questions, but does anyone have a quick way i could give players access over the whole world. So they didnt have to do goroma quests for the counterspell and the farmine, zao intro quets etc.
Ive been looking for the answer, but i cant seem to find anything on the matter.. Prob me who just dosnt know how to search ^^

Peonso linked the solution. Still even after doing that there is still some issues with how the monsters attack and that solution is here: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/pull/1305

I really think that they should fix monsters walking behaviour and their attack behaviours into the official release of TFS, I find it extremely annoying to play on servers that haven't bothered to fixing these issues which is like 90% of all 10.x servers =_= It's really quite weird how we could have good monster behaviour on all other distros even back in 7.6 days and now in 2015 the monster AI is total garbage.
I 100% agree, most OT runners wont have 500+ players anyways. Id rather need my whole 32gb to run the server than have monsters act like scared babies :)
No offence tho, the server in it self i quit good, there is always something tho :) I loved how I could fix it within 10 minutes tho, just compile a new .exe

@Sir Johnsen, I'm thinking of making it so on my server you gain access to certain areas at certains levels, like lizard city at 180 and so on. You simply need to add the correct quest Storage to a player, this is however something I haven't quite figured out how to do at this time.

Can anyone help me?

With this server, my theforgottenserver.exe crashes (Approx 15 minutes after running) about 90% of the time. If it's stable, it's stable. But most times, it will crash every 15 minutes. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit, using Uniform Server. Haven't done any compiling, just using the exe. I don't get any errors when I boot the server up.

Has anyone encountered this and knows what it is? Does anyone know how to capture the error so I can at least know where it's going wrong?

All help appreciated!

Can anyone help me?

With this server, my theforgottenserver.exe crashes (Approx 15 minutes after running) about 90% of the time. If it's stable, it's stable. But most times, it will crash every 15 minutes. I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit, using Uniform Server. Haven't done any compiling, just using the exe. I don't get any errors when I boot the server up.

Has anyone encountered this and knows what it is? Does anyone know how to capture the error so I can at least know where it's going wrong?

All help appreciated!
is npcs .-.
try run without they and you see your server never get crash

Hey silveralol, thanks for the response. I read back a few pages and worked that out too. I guess that leaves me with two questions:

How do you remove NPCs? If I can, I'll try to keep vendors and boat staff.

And

Is someone working to fix that with this server?

Can anyone help me?

All help appreciated!

Use x86 bits version, never crash 100% stable. i got my server Online until 18 June.

I don't see how using x86 would stop NPCs from crashing, however, I can try it to confirm. Where did you get the x86 ver from?

You can find TFS builds at nightlies.otland.com.
Yes. The NPC lib is the main source of this problem and it only ocours on 64bit systems.

I've figured out the problem and I'm testing it since then with no crashes.
Still working on it.

@Sir Johnsen, I'm thinking of making it so on my server you gain access to certain areas at certains levels, like lizard city at 180 and so on. You simply need to add the correct quest Storage to a player, this is however something I haven't quite figured out how to do at this time.
I managed to make a script that gives u the command !completequest "The New Frontier. and also have WotE and CoR in same script. they all work perfectly to the point where the quest log is completed on all quests.. and you get all the right storage values. but the only thing that dosent work is for some reason it cant complete Tomes quest. i try put value 12 wich is what is correct when u deliverd 12 tomes. but it still wont let u sell lizzard loot. even tho it says completed.

I think i have to add some TradeTable thingy.. but i dont know values or strings yet. i will look more into it when i get home :) Unless there is some genious in here who already figured it out by then.

Im at work so cant send my script... :(

Thanks for the response re: periodic server crash / npcs. I wish the nightly page were more helpful as it doesn't specify x86 on any of the builds.

I've got a problem. I can't change amount of regeneration mana for any profession. When I use food, it always adds to me 5 mana. I tried to change it in vocation.xml but it doesn't work.

I managed to make a script that gives u the command !completequest "The New Frontier. and also have WotE and CoR in same script. they all work perfectly to the point where the quest log is completed on all quests.. and you get all the right storage values. but the only thing that dosent work is for some reason it cant complete Tomes quest. i try put value 12 wich is what is correct when u deliverd 12 tomes. but it still wont let u sell lizzard loot. even tho it says completed.

I think i have to add some TradeTable thingy.. but i dont know values or strings yet. i will look more into it when i get home :) Unless there is some genious in here who already figured it out by then.

Could you share the key and value of the storages for that? :)

Well.. i've already builded a so called quest skipper so you can gainj access to new areas without doing quest. What is the exact problem?
ad5a150780.jpg

Back