• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

When you open the server do you have any errors, expect the monsters errors :p?

Btw do you use the ipchanger i provided?

Yes IPchanger, and only the gnomegate monster errors.

and a max_allowed_packet too low for item storage.

For some reason I am crashing like crazy after rebooting my computer :( Can't even stay on for an hour anymore, which version of linux to you most recommend for this server?

Debian 7, if you can provide gdb crash log. That would be great.

OK, we experienced loads of crashing, so moving over to linux (Ubuntu because I feel more comfortable with it) I followed the compile guide, and now I have no idea what to do :p

For some reason I am crashing like crazy after rebooting my computer :( Can't even stay on for an hour anymore, which version of linux to you most recommend for this server?

Happend to me also, i compiled the server myself and its not a problem for me anymore.

@Printer I'm going crazy about this paladin distance advance bug.. do you have any clue how to fix it?

Also, anybody have any idea on how to open ports on linux? I tried googling and using some commands - but to no luck.

So if I summarize 11 pages:
There are a few map bugs (but far fewer than other distros)
There is one minor issue with the banking system (players can't use specific wording, but can use other wording)
There are a few minor problems with the monster pack
There are a few problems with certain quests
There is an error in the paladin distance skill advancing script (which only occurs when above 30x)

There were several issues reported that not everyone had, which have easy fixes (either installing support software or changing certain settings)
The server will run better if you compile it on your own system
The server will run better on Linux, with at least 4GB RAM and preferably with a 100MBps connection (if hosting for others)

This distro is remarkably stable
This distro works with 10.21 and 10.22
This distro contains the map set from normal Tibia

Did I miss anything?

Also, anybody have any idea on how to open ports on linux? I tried googling and using some commands - but to no luck.
What Linux distribution? Have you opened the ports on your router?

I'm going crazy about this paladin distance advance bug.. do you have any clue how to fix it?
Hmm, seems to be fixed if I don't set skills above 30x; when set at 50x skills; distance on pally is super fast while all the other skills are normal for every other voc.
Following Extrodus' idea, does lowering it below 30x fix the issue? That should provide a temporary workaround until someone can fix the script.

Ubuntu, its on a VPS so the ports are open
Never worked with a VPS before; do they open all ports by default, or do you have to edit any settings to open unusual ports?

Do you have any firewalls running on it? If so, you'll have to open them up as well as the normal Ubuntu stuff.

Use the netstat command and check the output to make sure something is listening; could be that it isn't closed, but you have a different problem.

I got 80 to open randomly after installing apache, however 3306 and 7171, 7172 are still blocked.

Last issue i'm on now!

How do I start the server? :p I've compiled it in linux, but no idea how to run it :D

Back