• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[10.77][TFS 1.2] ORTS, a real map project

Anyone figured out how to get the .exe to stop crashing? I have use 5 different types including the one i compiled and it still randomly crashes after a few minutes as explained by the other people in this thread. I have thried on my home PC and VPS. Can anyone upload the .exe they are using that works for them? This is windows btw.

Anyone figured out how to get the .exe to stop crashing? I have use 5 different types including the one i compiled and it still randomly crashes after a few minutes as explained by the other people in this thread. I have thried on my home PC and VPS. Can anyone upload the .exe they are using that works for them? This is windows btw.

Well, like I said, from the dozens of times it crashed for me, I got the reason from console twice, and both times it said "not enough memory". Do we have a pattern here? I got 4gb RAM and also using 4Gb from HD, how much have you got?
I just set the HD memory for 6Gb, but did not test it yet.
Also, couldn't compile as Release yet, only Debug. So, I'm not sure how the release would behave. I need to get some time to do it all over again.

@thread
Been playing in the rlmap. I think I have a lot to help to offer. A few map bugs (like stairs with no return), wrong teleports, creature behavious and spawns. I'm an experienced player, got over level 200 (no bot) with a RP and I know very well most of the spawns I hunted.

And, again, using a map that has 3Mb didn't cause the server to crash, so, I'm pretty sure my problem is memory.

READ THIS FOR INFORMATION ON .EXE CRASHING RANDOMLY (fixed) THIS MIGHT NOT FIX YOUR ISSUE BUT IT FIXED MINE

So i did some investigation of my own after i explained above i was also experiencing the .exe randomly crashing after 5-10 minutes or sometimes less. I ran the client on my home PC which has 32gb of ram and windows 7 64bit and was still experiencing the crash, then i ran it on my 2008 R2 VPS server with 8gb of ram and still experienced the same issue.

So this is how i fixed it. If your using an .exe from the below github then make sure its the latest version and also ensure you are using the latest server version.

https://github.com/PrinterLUA/FORGOTTENSERVER-ORTS <<< Latest server version (download the zip on the right hand side)

http://nightlies.otland.net/ << Latest .exe version download the x64-release.exe (around 2.3mb) at the time i used the post number #479's exe

I have compiled my own .exe's but have no tested using the latest sources,
once i got it to work with the ones provided i didn't bother.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40763 installed, this
installs all the needed redistributed packages needed to run the server.

Now for the actual fix. TAKE NOTE I HAVE ONLY TESTED ON A 2008 R2 VPS 64bit
windows. On my vps i right clicked theforgottenserver.exe and set the compatibility mode to windows 7 and ticked the always use administrative permissions when launching this application. I hope this helps, it might not be the issue causing you to crash but it fixed mine.

@guiismiti @Evil Puncker

Last edited:
READ THIS FOR INFORMATION ON .EXE CRASHING RANDOMLY (fixed) THIS MIGHT NOT FIX YOUR ISSUE BUT IT FIXED MINE

So i did some investigation of my own after i explained above i was also experiencing the .exe randomly crashing after 5-10 minutes or sometimes less. I ran the client on my home PC which has 32gb of ram and windows 7 64bit and was still experiencing the crash, then i ran it on my 2008 R2 VPS server with 8gb of ram and still experienced the same issue.

So this is how i fixed it. If your using an .exe from the below github then make sure its the latest version and also ensure you are using the latest server version.

https://github.com/PrinterLUA/FORGOTTENSERVER-ORTS <<< Latest server version (download the zip on the right hand side)

http://nightlies.otland.net/ << Latest .exe version download the x64-release.exe (around 2.3mb) at the time i used the post number #479's exe

I have compiled my own .exe's but have no tested using the latest sources,
once i got it to work with the ones provided i didn't bother.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40763 installed, this
installs all the needed redistributed packages needed to run the server.

Now for the actual fix. TAKE NOTE I HAVE ONLY TESTED ON A 2008 R2 VPS 64bit
windows. On my vps i right clicked theforgottenserver.exe and set the compatibility mode to windows 7 and ticked the always use administrative permissions when launching this application. I hope this helps, it might not be the issue causing you to crash but it fixed mine.

@guiismiti @Evil Puncker

I cant use god commands though like /i or /m etc, my account is a god. I can use game master commands though.
15:29 You see yourself. You are god.
someone mentioned somewhere i also need to change my account type or somthing? all i have done is changed the group ID in the databse

hey im using ubuntu 14.04 and im using the last sourse i have the report can u helpme?

Heres my Config.lua

-- Combat settings
worldType = "pvp"
hotkeyAimbotEnabled = "yes"
protectionLevel = 1
killsToRedSkull = 3
killsToBlackSkull = 6
pzLocked = 60000
removeAmmoWhenUsingDistanceWeapon = "yes"
removeChargesFromRunes = "yes"
timeToDecreaseFrags = 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000
whiteSkullTime = 15 * 60 * 1000
stairJumpExhaustion = 2000
experienceByKillingPlayers = "no"

-- Connection Config
ip = "127.0.0.1"
bindOnlyGlobalAddress = "no"
loginProtocolPort = 7171
gameProtocolPort = 7172
statusProtocolPort = 7171
maxPlayers = "1000"
motd = "Welcome to The Forgotten Server!"
onePlayerOnlinePerAccount = "yes"
allowClones = "no"
serverName = "Forgotten"
statusTimeout = 60000
replaceKickOnLogin = "yes"
maxPacketsPerSecond = 25

-- Deaths
-- NOTE: Leave deathLosePercent as -1 if you want to use the default
-- death penalty formula. For the old formula, set it to 10. For
-- no skill/experience loss, set it to 0.
deathLosePercent = -1

-- Houses
-- NOTE: set housePriceEachSQM to -1 to disable the ingame buy house functionality
housePriceEachSQM = 1000
houseRentPeriod = "never"

-- Item Usage
timeBetweenActions = 200
timeBetweenExActions = 1000

-- Map
mapName = "forgotten"
mapAuthor = "Komic"

-- Market
marketOfferDuration = 30 * 24 * 60 * 60
premiumToCreateMarketOffer = "yes"
checkExpiredMarketOffersEachMinutes = 60
maxMarketOffersAtATimePerPlayer = 100

-- MySQL
mysqlHost = "127.0.0.1"
mysqlUser = "forgottenserver"
mysqlPass = ""
mysqlDatabase = "forgottenserver"
mysqlPort = 3306
mysqlSock = ""

-- Misc.
allowChangeOutfit = "yes"
freePremium = "no"
kickIdlePlayerAfterMinutes = 15
maxMessageBuffer = 4
noDamageToSameLookfeet = "no"
emoteSpells = "no"

-- Rates
-- NOTE: rateExp is not used if you have enabled stages in data/XML/stages.xml
rateExp = 5
rateSkill = 3
rateLoot = 2
rateMagic = 3
rateSpawn = 1

-- Monsters
deSpawnRange = 2
deSpawnRadius = 50

-- Stamina
staminaSystem = "yes"

-- Startup
-- NOTE: defaultPriority only works on Windows and sets process priority.
defaultPriority = "high"
startupDatabaseOptimization = "no"

-- Status server information
ownerName = ""
ownerEmail = ""
url = "http://otland.net/"
location = "Sweden"

How do i add SHA1 as my password type?

I am unable to open this map in RME i have tried editing the client file to allow for 10.37 and edited the signature according to the .dat and .spr but still no luck. in the meantime until i can get this working would someone be so kind as to paste in a copy of the list of towns and IDs so i can put it into Znote. Thanks

I am unable to open this map in RME i have tried editing the client file to allow for 10.37 and edited the signature according to the .dat and .spr but still no luck. in the meantime until i can get this working would someone be so kind as to paste in a copy of the list of towns and IDs so i can put it into Znote. Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gqf2i618dbwvnmo/RME-3.0-beta-6_for_1010-1031.rar

The map version is 10.35 not actually 10.37, im using the above editor. So install 10.35 and link to that directory and it should be fine.

Hey thanks for that i got it working! Any idea how to populate the houses table? I get:
Failed to fetch data from sql->houses table.
Is the table empty?

In Znote when looking at houses. I have added in all the towns and given them the correct IDs. My table in PHP is empty and i have tried importing the House.xml file but this hasnt added any entries?

Inquisition quest 're giving level for players a lower level, one quest at level 100 clicks and goes to 230!!!!

Back