• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Authentic Real Map - Extracted from TibiCAM files

I've been testing some more and if I teleport to an area that freezes me, it doesn't actually freeze until I attempt to walk. If I only teleport there, I can shift click to view items there, but if I try to take a step, it freezes and I can no longer do this.

Does anyone have ANY ideas whatsoever on what I could try to fix this?
Thats not map problem you should check your engine

Thats not map problem you should check your engine

Thanks! You were completely right. I used to run the server in a Windows VM on a Mac, but realised a few weeks ago that I could compile it on the Mac and run it from there. Everything seemed to be working so I didn't think much of it. But I guess this doesn't work very well, since this problem seems related to that. When I try it now on the Windows VM, everything works with the converted map!

Edit: Since the trouble I'm having does not have anything to do with the map, I've created a separate post for it in the support section to not go too much off topic on this thread. I'm sharing the link to it here in case anyone was following this or would like to help: Unsigned short int (Position) converted to signed(?) on Mac (https://otland.net/threads/anyone-hosting-nostalrius-on-mac.271153/)

Last edited:
Anyone knows the correct way of adding spawns to this map?
It is not as simple as following a specific pattern (clockwise or anti-clockwise).
And it is also not as simple as randomizing the points within the given radius.

Has CipSoft perhaps been using a bit of manual work as well to finish the spawns?
Because let's take a look at the Venore dragon lair. If the spawn positions would be randomized, then there is a chance of the dragons spawning outside of the spawn - out on the street. So how does the CipSoft spawn system actually work?

(Talking about monster.db file - and the origmap file).

I would assume that the sector files are not just dividing the map into pieces, but also into areas in some cases? And the monsters maybe spawn randomly within that specific area? The monsters must also be able to walk to/from the center point. And not spawn behind walls/unreachable spots.

So that Venore dragon lair perhaps is in its own file(? ... haven't checked). And using the monster.db and origmap files together, we can calculate the maximum offset a monster can spawn from its center point.

It wouldn't make sense if almost every monster has a spawn radius of 50. It would be too randomized. Cyclops inside mount sternum would spawn outside the mountain, etc...

I don't think anyone on OtLand has actually come up with the best and correct solution to this.
Looking at this map's spawns it's just going in a sequence like I also previously thought.
And looking at Tibiantis, it's the same thing but the other direction.
For example the bugs west of the big ship in Venore (near north-west gate). They spawn next to each other, which is not how they spawned in real Tibia.

So does anyone know how monsters are actually supposed to spawn? Is it perhaps some fibonacci sequence mixed with randomization? Because I have yet to see a map with correct spawns.

I also doubt CipSoft randomizes it, perhaps in the beginning, but they have definitely also used manual work for it then.

Last edited:
Anyone knows the correct way of adding spawns to this map?
It is not as simple as following a specific pattern (clockwise or anti-clockwise).
And it is also not as simple as randomizing the points within the given radius.

Has CipSoft perhaps been using a bit of manual work as well to finish the spawns?
Because let's take a look at the Venore dragon lair. If the spawn positions would be randomized, then there is a chance of the dragons spawning outside of the spawn - out on the street. So how does the CipSoft spawn system actually work?

(Talking about monster.db file - and the origmap file).

I would assume that the sector files are not just dividing the map into pieces, but also into areas in some cases? And the monsters maybe spawn randomly within that specific area? The monsters must also be able to walk to/from the center point. And not spawn behind walls/unreachable spots.

So that Venore dragon lair perhaps is in its own file(? ... haven't checked). And using the monster.db and origmap files together, we can calculate the maximum offset a monster can spawn from its center point.

It wouldn't make sense if almost every monster has a spawn radius of 50. It would be too randomized. Cyclops inside mount sternum would spawn outside the mountain, etc...

I don't think anyone on OtLand has actually come up with the best and correct solution to this.
Looking at this map's spawns it's just going in a sequence like I also previously thought.
And looking at Tibiantis, it's the same thing but the other direction.
For example the bugs west of the big ship in Venore (near north-west gate). They spawn next to each other, which is not how they spawned in real Tibia.

So does anyone know how monsters are actually supposed to spawn? Is it perhaps some fibonacci sequence mixed with randomization? Because I have yet to see a map with correct spawns.

I also doubt CipSoft randomizes it, perhaps in the beginning, but they have definitely also used manual work for it then.

That's the correct way for a fact.
Monsters always spawned in the center point, unless occupied - then it would spawn next to it (counter-clockwise). There was no randomization nor manual work involved.
You won't be able to apply it without editing server sources and map editor sources.

That's the correct way for a fact.
Monsters always spawned in the center point, unless occupied - then it would spawn next to it (counter-clockwise). There was no randomization nor manual work involved.
You won't be able to apply it without editing server sources and map editor sources.

I know that 5 demon room spawned like that. But did every spawn have that order? Are you 100% sure of this?
So it's basically fibonacci pattern. Also what do you mean it isn't possible to apply it without editing sources or map editor sources?
Can't I just add the monsters to the spawn xml in that order? I made a tool in C# just now that will go through the monster.db and output an XML with the spawns. Right now I am randomizing it though (which is wrong), but it wouldn't be hard to go counter-clockwise.

Also, since the monster.db contains the file names for the sector files (in the commented lines), I can open that file, check the X and Y offset (I get the X,Y,Z by taking *32 on the filename, then use the X-Y offsets), and compare each tile while placing the spawn and see if it contains a non-walkable item id (eg. a wall, stone, trough), then exclude that coordinate. So I for example won't add monsters on to walls.

I know that 5 demon room spawned like that. But did every spawn have that order? Are you 100% sure of this?

yes

Also what do you mean it isn't possible to apply it without editing sources or map editor sources?
Can't I just add the monsters to the spawn xml in that order?

no

firstly, each monster of certain home always respawns in its center, if it's possible, which won't be the case for you
secondly, even if you ignore the above, you still need to check whether these tiles are walkable and move the monster accordingly
those two things determine correct positions, but there are more differences, like shared timer etc., if you care about those too

yes

no

firstly, each monster of certain home always respawns in its center, if it's possible, which won't be the case for you
secondly, even if you ignore the above, you still need to check whether these tiles are walkable and move the monster accordingly
those two things determine correct positions, but there are more differences, like shared timer etc., if you care about those too

Aha so it's the respawn you're talking about. I'm not too worried about the way they respawn. Just want to add them correctly on to the map. I made a simple converter for the monster.db file, with just randomization in the radius. But I will make it counter-clockwise now.

If anyone wants the source it's here: joekaizen/tibia-spawn-extract (https://github.com/joekaizen/tibia-spawn-extract)
Although this is not for 7.4 as it contains all the monster names from monster.db (so I'm not actually removing any monsters from 7.72).
Just straight up going through monster.db -> randomizing the spawns within radius and adds them to a coordinate.
Coordinates are then checked to make sure no duplicates are added.

Compiled version here

(I'm terrible at programming though :p)

Last edited:
Aha so it's the respawn you're talking about. I'm not too worried about the way they respawn. Just want to add them correctly on to the map. I made a simple converter for the monster.db file, with just randomization in the radius. But I will make it counter-clockwise now.

You didn't get it. "Re"-spawn or not, it doesn't matter. You're gonna have your monsters placed on non-walkable tiles, like walls, trees etc. with incorrect position.

You didn't get it. "Re"-spawn or not, it doesn't matter. You're gonna have your monsters placed on non-walkable tiles, like walls, trees etc. with incorrect position.

Yes I get that, but I will make it open the sector file and compare the item id's on the tile. There I can see what items exists on each tile.
So if I notice that the tile contains a blockable item (eg. a wall), I will not add monster to that tile - instead try on the next one.
Shouldn't be too difficult actually. I'm almost finished with the code. I will also make sure that it is possible to walk from the center to each tile, by comparing item id's between the positions.
Post automatically merged:

1. Use the center position as the default spawn for the first monster
2. Prepare to add monsters counter-clockwise from this tile (in a "Fibonacci pattern")
3. Before adding the monster: check the tile (by going to the sector file in the commented line, locate the coordinate using X:Y offset) and see if the tile contains a blockable item. If it includes a blockable item, it will skip this tile and try on the next one.
4. Make sure that all the tiles between the monster and the center position is reachable (by again, going through the sector file and comparing item id's). So I do not add any monsters behind walls/outside the spawn. This would happen with a large number of monsters though.

Last edited:
Yes I get that, but I will make it open the sector file and compare the item id's on the tile. There I can see what items exists on each tile.
So if I notice that the tile contains a blockable item (eg. a wall), I will not add monster to that tile - instead try on the next one.

Then it's fine. If it's for overview purpose that should do, but if you run the server it will often result in incorrect positions. Not sure what your goal is.

Last edited:
did cipsoft have if more than 9 creatures they will stack on home position?

did cipsoft have if more than 9 creatures they will stack on home position?

If there was further space it would keep going in the counter-clockwise 'spiral', otherwise - yes, it could stack on home position. Normally it didn't happen anywhere, but it would if you set that up by filling the room with lured monsters etc.

If there was further space it would keep going in the counter-clockwise 'spiral',
Is it be possible to add creatures to monster homes in cip files? Or add more homes to the map as you please?

Could monster homes of single creatures be altered to respawn 2 - 9 if space is available?

Would it be difficult to start the game after server save with less creatures in homes than full respawn?

It could be interesting, I think, to let spawns of non magical and non projectile throwing creatures grow larger when not cleared for a longer while.

Is it be possible to add creatures to monster homes in cip files? Or add more homes to the map as you please?

Could monster homes of single creatures be altered to respawn 2 - 9 if space is available?

yes, you can achieve those simply by editing monster.db file

Would it be difficult to start the game after server save with less creatures in homes than full respawn?

It could be interesting, I think, to let spawns of non magical and non projectile throwing creatures grow larger when not cleared for a longer while.

for that you'd have to edit server binary, it's doable but not without a proper reverse engineering knowledge

Shouldn't be too difficult actually. I'm almost finished with the code. I will also make sure that it is possible to walk from the center to each tile, by comparing item id's between the positions.
Post automatically merged:

1. Use the center position as the default spawn for the first monster
2. Prepare to add monsters counter-clockwise from this tile (in a "Fibonacci pattern")
3. Before adding the monster: check the tile (by going to the sector file in the commented line, locate the coordinate using X:Y offset) and see if the tile contains a blockable item. If it includes a blockable item, it will skip this tile and try on the next one.
4. Make sure that all the tiles between the monster and the center position is reachable (by again, going through the sector file and comparing item id's). So I do not add any monsters behind walls/outside the spawn. This would happen with a large number of monsters though.

Awesome! Mind sharing this when you're done? :)

Did you find this to be a big problem? I actually started working on a script myself to create a spawn file (before I saw that you had posted yours) and thought I might as well finish it.

Did anyone of you create a 7.1 sprite/item file yet? And could you perhaps share it? Would love to use 7.1 graphics for this.

Also I found a border error(?) --- the selected tile on the small island.
Also some few more border error west of Lily, at the water.
bF15cg4.png

Also this mountain top:
L59YJZB.png

Last edited:
You post that in the wrong topic, should have been tibia 7.1 map, all those are fixed with additional stuff!

Back