• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[7.4] Dura -- Making Tibia Challenging Again, Same Game New Meta. Tibia For Adults. --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Gameplay Video from the perspective of one of our Testers, Sergei exploring new areas in Dura.

He explores the new area we've added to the North East of Carlin. He got a bit sidetracked at first as we all do at first when we explore but ended up finding his way. :)

Carlin has always felt a little light in relation to other cities' surroundings, with this area as well as some others in development we hope to balance that out a bit and give anyone who starts in Carlin a bit better chance to compete. It was designed for low levels. We have some big plans for how to make Carlin more compelling.... soon enough. ;)

Thanks Zown,

Latestnews - Dura (https://dura-online.com/)

Here are a few Screenshots we've collected from our Testers of Raids.

Dura features the original 50+ 7.4 Raids. Added to that are over 180+ Custom Raids. And then on top of that 60+ Custom Boss Raids. And we add more custom raids all the time and only continue to do so.

unknown.png

unknown01.png

ScreenshotMay2nd001.jpg

Thanks, Zown

When are you planning on starting the server?

When are you planning on starting the server?
@Eldiane

Dura's Update-&-Schedule ^link^

4 to 6 weeks. The game is done, but we have things to do yet like Website and Security etc listed in the post.

Thanks, Zown

We'd like to clarify an element of game design, that is often misunderstood by new players, which is understandable, and therefore at the same time this clarification will give a guide to anyone trying to play Dura. :)

A conversation between two players occurred on our Discord today and there is no better way to illustrate this element:

Player 1: "Also why going down on shovel spot makes me fall 2 units away from rope spot ( when going down?)"

Player 2: "The missplaced rope spot is also to 'add excitement and make it harder and more random'.
So you can't just exani tera out but need to pay attention to your surroundings to survive"

Stair-Changing is one of the many mechanics Dura offers as part of its Map Playability System. As the second player describes it is a way to offer a more challenging, exciting, and ultimately fun experience in both PVE and PVP. And it is only one of the many facets of our Map Playability System.

Thanks, Zown

Screens from some new Testers that just started their Dura adventure recently, questing and exploring.

The last one is someone soloing a custom Orc Raid.

UO0017.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

Screenshots that feel like a Sunday :)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Discord

they clearly dont want original map with all their changes they have done already.

they clearly dont want original map with all their changes they have done already.

I was refering to the "base", but yeah you're right

But this is what they said:
Map and Spawns at Base: Dura's Spawn and Map Authenticity is Perfect within a margin of 1%
Base: Dura is a 7.4 Server concerning mechanics and a 7.2 RL Map.

And is clear that the statement is not correct.

Last edited:
Hey if you want original 7.2 map you could at least fix Darashia borders and remove Dark Cathedral

Even though is not perfect you can check my 7.1 map for inpiration.
([7.1] Real Tibia Map as close as possible (https://otland.net/threads/7-1-real-tibia-map-as-close-as-possible.270484/))

So we actually prefer the Darashia Borders as they are in our Map and Dark Cathedral has been removed. It's completely inaccessible. Dark Cathedral is a horribly bland and overpowered spawn on a 7.4 Map. We're happy to look and use your map to help us, to save us time or in case we missed something. Thanks!

I was refering to the "base", but yeah you're right

But this is what they said:
Map and Spawns at Base: Dura's Spawn and Map Authenticity is Perfect within a margin of 1%
Base: Dura is a 7.4 Server concerning mechanics and a 7.2 RL Map.

And is clear that the statement is not correct.

Dura's spawns are as exactly as we want them, they're 7.4 at "base" based on Tibia Cams and other resources. We then overlayed them with more difficult and challenging monsters to offer a compelling game again. The Map's Base is also 7.2 as there is no Ankrahmun, Tombs, Djinns, or Dark Cathedral or anything like that. We've chosen the sprites we most like, so they're not technically accurate in the context of 7.2 RL. But once again we said we used 7.4 Spawns and a 7.2 RL Map as Base. We didn't say that's what we have; we said that is where we started from and expanded from there.
-
Our Map has in EXP Value about -2.2-2.6x what a base 7.2 RL Map has. One because we've spiced up spawns as I've said, and two because we've added custom areas within the 7.2 RL-Map-Base. Not to mention our Raids and Events system literally adds millions and millions of experience to the map on a daily basis.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say: It IS a 7.2 Base-Map with 7.4 Base-Mechanics that has been radically overhauled for an older and more skilled playerbase which in our eyes is something the community desperately needs and players desperately want.

And again, Dark Cathedral is not on our Map. We hate that spawn. ;)

Thanks Under

So we actually prefer the Darashia Borders as they are in our Map and Dark Cathedral has been removed. It's completely inaccessible. Dark Cathedral is a horribly bland and overpowered spawn on a 7.4 Map. We're happy to look and use your map to help us, to save us time or in case we missed something. Thanks!

Dura's spawns are as exactly as we want them, they're 7.4 at "base" based on Tibia Cams and other resources. We then overlayed them with more difficult and challenging monsters to offer a compelling game again. The Map's Base is also 7.2 as there is no Ankrahmun, Tombs, Djinns, or Dark Cathedral or anything like that. We've chosen the sprites we most like, so they're not technically accurate in the context of 7.2 RL. But once again we said we used 7.4 Spawns and a 7.2 RL Map as Base. We didn't say that's what we have; we said that is where we started from and expanded from there.
-
Our Map has in EXP Value about -2.2-2.6x what a base 7.2 RL Map has. One because we've spiced up spawns as I've said, and two because we've added custom areas within the 7.2 RL-Map-Base. Not to mention our Raids and Events system literally adds millions and millions of experience to the map on a daily basis.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say: It IS a 7.2 Base-Map with 7.4 Base-Mechanics that has been radically overhauled for an older and more skilled playerbase which in our eyes is something the community desperately needs and players desperately want.

And again, Dark Cathedral is not on our Map. We hate that spawn. ;)

Thanks Under

All good, but I was misled from this:
There is DC there and mountain in Darashia that wasn't supposed to exist in 7.2.

Some more screenshots because our Testers are awesome!

Custom Raids... One of 270+
unknown.png

Custom Quests and New Areas to Explore. Use your wits and your Axe.
008.png

Thanks, Zown

Last edited:
Some more screenshots from our Testers:

A level advance on a custom Orc Raid.
0003.png

Someone found a custom quest in a new area.0010.png

Thanks, Zown

Screenshots from Testers discovering Custom Quests, as well as Classic Quests that have been remade.

004.jpg003.png

Thanks, Zown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back